Know your land. Know your prey.
A Canadian reality-based TV show which features Terry Grant, a veteran of the Alberta Foothills Search And Rescue Team as the "mantracker" and his guide (different each episode). Two guests as "prey" have thirty-six hours to get to an objective some forty kilometers away through the wilderness. Mantracker and his sidekick have to stop him. The prey are on foot while Mantracker is mounted which means the chase will often be a balance between the horses speed and the preys ability to utilize heavy or broken terrain. A common scenario has the prey using the main road for a time and then ducking into cover as Mantracker approaches. The result is a contest of skill and cunning played before the eyes of the viewers. There is also an attractive human interest element in the interaction between the characters. Another appeal is the nostalgic Shout-Outs to traditional Westerns.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Grandpa: Mantracker
- Brother-Sister Team : The Brian and Julie episode
- Catch Phrase: Know your land, know your prey. Actually Mantracker never knows his prey before hand and always needs a guide as he doesn't know the land either.
- Celebrity Edition: In a 2011 episode, National Hockey League player Shane Doan appeared as the prey with his brother Brook.
- Cool Horse
- Determinator: Mantracker will not quit until the prey have crossed the finish line, or he has caught them.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game
- Scarily Competent Tracker: as the title would indicate.
- Scenery Porn
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Brian and Julie. They don't give as good a run as some contestants but they are so adorable together that that makes up for it.
- Worthy Opponent