Parallel Paradise is a 2017 manga.
Youta is just a common student with a crush on his childhood friend. One day he is attacked by some mysterious masked figure in his school, and when he wakes up after a fall, he discovers he is now on a bizarre medieval-like land. Not too long after, Youta discovers the shocking reality of this world: men have been extinct for centuries. And the human females of this world really want to know what is a man...in a Biblical way.
Written and drawn by Lynn Okamoto, the creator of Elfen Lied. Serialized by Kodansha's Weekly Young Magazine
- All Just a Dream: Discussed. Youta is seriously wounded by a monster. When he wakes up, he is in a hospital bed in the real world. He wonders if the experiences he had were just dreams that happened while he was wounded from the fall on the first chapter.
- All Women Are Lustful: Apparently the women of the parallel world have lust programmed in their genes because men have been absent for so long.
- Attack Its Weak Point:Despite its overwhelming strength and speed,the Tera Golem can be easily defeated by striking it in a special point in its forehead.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Giant salamanders, to be more exact.
- Bizarre Alien Biology:
- They still are technically human, but the women of the parallel world leak a weird narcotic liquid when they feel the urge to breed. Youta is knocked out by smelling it too much.
- They also release some kind of milk when their nipples are stimulated, without the need of being pregnant.
- The women of the parallel world also die if they don't have sex before they are 18.
- And a mark appears on their necks when they lose their virginity.
- Brutal Honesty: Mona and Liza can't even stop talking about Lumi's smell once they begin
- Cat Girl: Sayuri is a elf...with cat ears. Even Youta is confused.
- Celibate Hero: Averted. Youta isn't repealed one bit by the idea of "breeding".
- Cute Clumsy Girl:Hanahana stumbles on the floor on her first scene.
- Does Not Like Men: Misaki, despite never seeing a male before in her life before Youta, seems to dislike males in general. Part of this may be associated with the human-like predators that rape and kill women on her world, that look like men.
- Faux Action Girl: Subverted. Lumi at first seems pretty incompetent by allowing a giant lizard to disarm her, but she was just distracted by Youta, and easily finishes the lizard when Youta gives her her sword back.
- Harem Genre: Youta is now living inside a world where mankind lacks a masculine half, so that is inevitable.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Youta believes Haru's refusal to mate with him before dying was a way of giving him his motivation to correct the warped way of living in her world.
- No Body Left Behind: What happens if werewolves are hit in their Adam's Apple.
- Sacred First Kiss: Youta becomes kind of irritated when Lumi takes his mouth's virginity by force.
- Stripperific: Justified for the inhabitants of Lillie, since it's a tropical city on the border of sea.
- Talking Animal: Genius, a bird with three legs.
- Tomboy: Youta calls Lillia that, but he seems to be talking more about her lack of...sexual features.
- Tsundere: Pinako acts means towards Youta, but gets all dere-dere once her lust dominates her.