Platinum Angel is a Chobits fanfic, set after the series finale, in which Chii's twin sister Freya is resurrected by Abstergo Industries and turned into a superpowered robot assassin. However, the faint memory she has of her previous life cause her to reject this, escape and then end up being taken in by a teenage boy and his sister.
Despite technically containing elements from Assassin's Creed, the fic has so far focused less on Freya's use of her newfound power, and more on her attempts at reintegrating herself into everyday life, and should, as of the most recent chapters, be considered very definitely AU where that series is concerned.
Trope page under construction; feel free to contribute more tropes as necessary.
- Actor Allusion: In chapter 11, Freya can be noticed singing Lacus Clyne's 'Fields of Hope'. Both Lacus and Freya (and Chii) are voiced by Rie Tanaka.
- Arc Number: So far, 9.
- Broken Bird: Being turned into the most dangerous persocom in the world did not leave Freya in good shape.
- Continuity Lock Out: May induce this in readers with no knowledge of Assassin's Creed. Browsing the Assassin's Creed Wiki may help.
- Continuity Nod: Contains several.
- Freya's inherited combat skills come from combat data derived from the Animus Virtual Training Program - more specifically, from the Animus sessions of the Abstergo agents as seen in the multiplayer mode.
- The one responsible for upgrading and enhancing Freya is/was acquainted with Warren Vidic, the creator of the Animus. Also, the man assigned to hunt down and capture/eliminate Freya is Daniel Cross, the same man responsible for the near-decimation of the Assassin Order.
- A character refers to the incident that happened in the anime's final episode.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Zima to Dita, multiple times. Cue Luminescent Blush.
- Fights Like a Normal: Freya, who fights almost exclusively using her hidden blades and the usual Assassin-esque repertoire of counter kills and executions, despite having access to both Super Speed and Combat Tentacles hidden in her ears. Also applies when she possesses Chii, though in that case it's less this and more Badass Normal considering that while Freya's fragment comes with all her skills, her enhancements don't carry over.
- I Just Want to Be Normal and What Have I Become?: Freya. Ironically, this does not stop her from slaughtering everyone in her way during her escape from Abstergo.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: With the exception of the prologue, all the chapters have so far been titled after a phrase found in the chapters themselves.
- Mama Bear: Freya and Ceres
- Not So Different: Freya thinks to herself she might not be so different from Abstergo, considering she massacred the scientists responsible for what she was turned into.
- Shout-Out: to Cyborg 009 so far, what with Freya's serial number and her use of the eponymous cyborg's Acceleration Mode.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Freya's fragment serves as this when possessing Chii. Just like in the anime, though, she's not so much evil as she is fiercely protective of her sister. Also somewhat subverted, as Freya in Chii's body is still weaker than she would be in her actual body despite having the exact same skills, if only because Chii's body lacks Freya's enhancements.
- Super Prototype: Freya was already this in canon. Abstergo's upgrades take it Up to Eleven.
- Took a Level in Badass: Played for Drama.
- Weak but Skilled: Freya's fragment retains all her skills while possessing Chii, but the lack of enhancements force her to fight more carefully than usual.
- Weapon of Choice: Freya's dual hidden blades. Ironic, considering that the Hidden Blade was an Assassin weapon, and the ones running Abstergo happen to be the sworn enemies of the Assassin Order.
- Ceres and her Hand Cannon.