- The French live-action adaptation "Lady Oscar", while So Okay It's Average, is notable in that it came out before the manga had ever been officially translated, resulting in famed translator Frederik Schodt having to scramble to make one for the production company. He did this by blazing through the manga and writing his translations right on the pages in pencil.
- The Abridged Series: Rose of Versailles Abridged
- Blooper: The manga actually has one. In volume two, Marie's cape shifts from one arm to the other in the space of one panel. And in case you think she just decided to shift it, remember that she was just 14, and would have had to have moved several square yards of fabric, trimmed with several feet of Gem-Encrusted ermine, in a matter of a couple seconds.
- Fake Nationality: While the director of the film was an actual Frenchman, most of the actors were British.
- No Export for You: Sort of. Ask any anime fan whose native language is English about Rose of Versailles, and you're more likely than not to get a blank stare. Although the anime was a hit all over Asia, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America, an official release remains conspicuously absent in the Anglosphere. That's because the original creator has vowed that her work shall never be translated into English. Why? Apparently she bought into Eagle Land paranoia and believes that everything that touches American shores is heavily censored or dumbed down, despite the fact that nowadays, nearly all anime and the vast majority of manga come over completely uncensored.
- The anime series was finally released in North America (subtitled only) in 2013, over three decades after the rest of the world got to see it.
- One of Us: Louis XVI's interest in lockets and mechanical things in general are the sign he's a time-appropriate Geek.
- The Other Darrin: The 2008 movie brings a pretty interesting and all-star new cast: Sanae Kobayashi as Oscar, Toshiyuki Morikawa as Andre, Ayako Kawasumi as Marie Antoinette, Mamiko Noto as Rosalie, Hikaru Midorikawa as Bernard, Kazuhiko Inoue as Fersen, Rikiya Koyama as Alain, Masako Katsuki as Polignac, Akiko Yajima as Jeanne and Kenji Nojima as Louis.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: "BeruBara"
- The Wiki Rule: The Rose of Versailles Wiki
- Back to Rose of Versailles