Zed: "What are these big round things?"
Zed (Black) and Oh (Cera) are would-be hunters who dream of becoming something more. After the duo are banished from their tribe (thanks to Zed eating from a tree of Forbidden Fruit), they embark upon a series of adventures, and run into various characters from The Bible (influencing historical events as a result). The two are eventually captured and brought as slaves to the City of Sodom, where they discover the woman they once pined forMaya and Eema, have also been enslaved, along with the rest of their tribe. It's up to Zed and Oh to rescue their tribe and become the heroes they were meant to be.
The film features a large amount of Anachronism Stew, and features a wide assortment of noted comedic actors in bit parts.
- Anachronism Stew
- The Bible: Abraham and his sons, Cain and Abel.
- Big Brother Instinct: Eema and Zed were siblings. Later in the film, Zed saves Eema from a Roman commander.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Averted - Zed says he feels no attraction to Eema, to which Oh reminds him that she's his sister.
- Butt Monkey: Oh.
- Cain and Abel: Cain is arrogant and psychopathic, as he is portrayed in most modern works. He even gets a lightning bolt to the head.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: After Zed teaches people to clap, it starts raining. From that point forwards, the rain begins whenever people clap, and stops when they stop clapping.
- Cut Himself Shaving:
Oh: 'Y-You were holding a rock and he ran into it with his face repeatedly until he couldn't pull through!'
- The Chosen One: Zed, who plays it up to the end until he says his not.
- Eat My Dust: What Cain says to his father as he's fleeing on a slow-moving camel.
- Forbidden Fruit: Zed eats golden apples that are forbidden, and a snake wraps around Oh.
- Gross-Out Show: This movie has lots of disgusting scenes.
- Happiness in Slavery
"I'm not a slave, I'm a volunteer."
- Made a Slave: Most of the original village. Oh and Zed were able to run into the desert.
- Mistaken for Gay: Oh is usually worried that Eema thinks this about him, and the eunich thinks he is too.
- Potty Failure: In the scene where Zed and Oh are chained up in the dungeon, Oh (chained upside down) yells that he has to pee, and then he pees all over his face.
- Princesses Rule
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
Cain: I wish you were dead too! Even though Abel is not dead at all!
- Take Me Instead!!: When Eema is going to be sacrificed.
Oh: Seems like a waste of a perfectly good virgin to me.