All of Our Friends Are Dead
All of Our Friends Are Dead is a 2009 Freeware game by Amon26. A frightening, disturbing, trippy, and fun run-and-gun platform shooter that can perhaps best be described as Contra on a really bad acid trip; a hellish work of art replete with some of the strangest and most unsettling images you're ever likely to see in a game. The industrial rock/strange noise soundtrack and bizarre first-person plural writing only contribute to the highly surreal and drug-like nature of this nightmarish trip. Since the story itself makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it is therefore left to fan interpretation and speculation. The game can be downloaded here.
See also Au Sable, another freeware horror game by the same creator.
- Acid Trip Dimension
- Body Horror
- Bottomless Pit
- Crapsack World
- Cruelty Is the Only Option: One scene requires you to kill someone so that you can retrieve the key from their corpse.
- Dark World
- Dead Guy on Display
- Drone of Dread: Most of the background music/noise.
- Eldritch Abomination: FUCKING EVERYWHERE.
- Everything Trying to Kill You
- Gainax Ending: More like Gainax Everything, to be exact.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Your fate if you fall into one of the spike pits. Also, many of the dead bodies on display.
- Infinite Ammo
- Interchangeable Antimatter Keys
- Lock and Key Puzzle: The game requires you to find and collect keys to advance in some areas.
- Madness Mantra: Much of the bizarre narration and words randomly scrambled across the screen.
- Mind Screw
- Nintendo Hard
- No Name Given: The protagonist and everyone else.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: One hit will kill you instantly.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: And how.
- Post Processing Video Effects: Film grain and flickering.
- Scenery Gorn: The game is noted for its incredibly nightmarish atmosphere.
- Spikes of Doom
- Surreal Horror