Amnesia (visual novel)
An Otome Game released by Otomate in 2011.
A young woman wakes up and finds herself in a space between dimensions. She is confronted by a young boy who tells her that he attempted to move from his world to hers. However, he made a mistake and ended up colliding into her mind. In doing so, he accidentally wiped out all of her memories (including her name, which you can choose). Eventually, the boy, Orion, will become further ingrained in her mind the longer he stays inside her head, and eventually she'll end up losing all sense of self. But not all is lost. There is one way to get him out: regain your memories.
At this point, she is offered a choice between four worlds: heart, spade, clover, and diamond.
An interesting spin on the otome genre. Instead of having the heroine attempt to win the heart of a guy, she is in a pre-existing relationship. A part of the gameplay is to help the heroine adjust to the now-unfamiliar world without arousing the suspicion of those close to her.
It also spawned three fandiscs, Amnesia LATER and Amnesia CROWD for the PSP and Amnesia WORLD for the PS Vita (with a port of the original game for the PS Vita called Amnesia V Edition as well), a manga adaptation and an anime by Brains Base that aired in 2013.
In 2015, an English translation was published by Idea Factory under the title Amnesia: Memories on PS Vita and PC. Also released on iOS and Android.
For the survival horror title by Frictional Games, see Amnesia the Dark Descent.
- Attempted Rape
- Beach Episode: Okay, it's a pool, but it still counts.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Ikki. As a child, he wished to be popular. As a result, any woman who looks him in the eye falls in love with him.
- Clear My Name: A good part of Shin's route. He's considered a suspect in the heroine's accident because his father accidentally killed someone. In reality, Toma was responsible for injuring the heroine a second time.
- Fan Service with a Smile: The heroine (and most of the cast) work at a maid and butler cafe.
- Hands-On Approach: One of Ikki's CG.
- Identity Amnesia: One of the heroine's problems. She usually finds out who she is very quickly, though. The problem is she doesn't remember anyone else.
- Instant Fanclub: Ikki has one and they are awful. There's at least one ending where their antics result in the heroine dying. Interestingly, the heroine herself is actually a member in some routes. It's why she's dating Ikki in his route.
- Groundhog Peggy Sue: Ukyo.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shin speaks roughly, but he genuinely cares about the heroine and it shows.
- Jekyll and Hyde: Ukyo, as a side effect of going through so many worlds where either he or the heroine died.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Ukyo. He even has a braid in it.
- Megane: Kent and Waka.
- Multiple Endings
- Nice Hat: Ukyo, Rika, and the heroine all wear one.
- Oblivious to Love: Toma, despite being very observant about other things. He doesn't pick up on the heroine's pre-amnesia hints that the guy she likes is him. It's part of what drives his yandere phase.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: Kent and the heroine when it rains at the festival.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Toma and Shin in their respective routes.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Toma in Shin's route and presumably Shin in Toma's route.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Ikki.
- Yandere: Toma. Ikki's fangirls definitely count.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ukyo has green hair. Ikki has bluish silver colored hair.