|This page needs some cleaning up to be presentable.|
Claiming that this is a fanspeak term is like claiming Urusei Yatsura is a doujin. The description needs to be fixed.
Megane (Japanese, literally "wearer of glasses") is a Japanese nickname - and Anime Fan Speak - for guys with glasses.
The anime-fan term is usually restricted to attractive characters where the glasses serve as a fetish object. They come in several standard types:
- For sweet, shy guys with glasses who inspire Moe feelings of protectiveness, see Megane. (For sweet, shy girls with glasses who inspire Moe feelings of protectiveness, see Meganekko.)
- For guys whose glasses indicate that they are studious, aloof, or stoic, see Stoic Spectacles.
- For cruel lovers (mostly men) with glasses who inspire kinky masochistic fetishes, see Kichiku Megane (troped here as Bespectacled Bastard Boyfriend).
- For glasses explicitly treated as a fetish object, see Sexy Spectacles.
Despite the fact that some North American fans think that this is a fanspeak term, "Megane" has been used in manga and anime to describe males who wear glasses at least since Rumiko Takahashi wrote Urusei Yatsura back in the early 1980s.
Spear Counterpart to Meganekko ("glasses girl"). Also see the Glasses Tropes, including Four Eyes, Zero Soul.
Examples of Megane include:
This trope has no examples and desperately needs them. You can help this wiki by adding those examples.
- ↑ While girls who wear glasses can be called "Megane", as seen in Azumanga Daioh, we have had a list specifically for the ladies since before All the Tropes -- and TV Tropes before it -- was created.