This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Game Grumps is a webshow/YouTube channel originally created and hosted by Jon Jafari (JonTron) and Arin Hanson (Egoraptor), where they play games while doing live commentary, with the first episode airing on July 18, 2012. On June 25, 2013, after about a year's (or 342 day's) worth of episodes, Jon left the show, and was replaced by Daniel Avidan, also known as Danny Sexbang, the lead singer of the musical comedy duo Ninja Sex Party.
Around the same time, a Game Grumps spin-off show entitled Steam Train was introduced. The show features Danny and animator Ross O'Donovani, who also joined the channel shortly after Jon's departure. The premise of Steam Train is similar to that of the original Game Grumps formula, with the only difference being that the games played are exclusively on the PC platform, often through the digital game distribution software Steam, hence the show's title. Later on, Arin, Danny and other guests began appearing on the spin-off.
The channel consists of many series: Game Grumps, Game Grumps VS, Game Grumps Animated, Guest Grumps, Steam Train, Steam Rolled, and Table Flip; as well as occasional holiday-themed versions of their shows: Ghoul Grumps and Scream Train (Halloween), Jingle Grumps and Steam Sleigh (Christmas), Date Grumps and Single Train (Valentine's Day), Stout Train (St. Patrick's Day), and Cat Grumps and Meow Train (Aprils Fools day).
Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator was funded and published in 2017 under their name.
- Actually Pretty Funny: The reaction to Danny taking over as Not-So-Grump after the first few days hate died down.
- Butt Monkey: Ross became this eventually.
- Crutch Characte-Oh hey Big Zam!
- Hatedom: RantGrumps
- Homoerotic Subtext: Intentionally played for laughs between the two Grumps constantly, though more so during Jon's tenure.
- And an unintentional case with The D Club, oh lord what a case.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Barry, who almost always fulfils the Grumps' ludicrous editing requests with gusto.
- Unfortunately, Barry (he became a player guest) was replaced by Kevin, who is way less active in terms of video edits.
- Memetic Molester: Mr. Wilson. Oh dear lord Mr. Wilson.
- Messianic Archetype: Danny turns Macho Man Randy Savage into this in his speculation that he fought off the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to save mankind from the Rapture.
- Orphaned Series: Quite a few of them, the most infamous being Sonic 06, though they decreased in number after Danny took over for Jon.
- Platform Hell: Every level the Grumps played on Super Mario Maker. Ross' levels are notable for being so infuriating, other Let's Players tried their hands at the levels (and regretted it).
- The Stoner: Danny has said he was one in his younger years, which lead to such bizarre incidents as wrestling an alligator while high and getting a truck stuck in a tunnel in the middle of winter and nearly freezing trying to direct people around it.