Lenny and Sid
A 2003 direct-to-video Christian cartoon starring a rabbit (Lenny) and mouse (Sid). The first episode, "Love Thy Neighbor", pairs the two of them together for the first time. Though Sid's excitable, outgoing nature puts the shy, quiet Lenny at odds with him at first, they end up discovering that they can still be good friends.
A second episode, "'Tis the Reason", followed later in the year. In this episode, Sid wants to get a new bicycle.
The two episodes were put out by Toonacious Entertainment, founded by former Disney animator/director Tony Bancroft.
- Animal Stereotypes: Among the background characters, turtle is played straight. Lenny also plays rabbit straight, but Sid seriously averts mouse.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Sid: We're just trying to get through this year with some fun, good friendship and some vague idea of what that mystery meat is in the cafeteria.
- The Bully: Hilda and her two (female) cronies, one of whom is an Expy of Shriek.
- Cats Are Mean: Hilda.
- Creator Cameo: Tony Bancroft voices two elephant background characters.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Lenny wears only a shirt, and Sid wears only overalls.
- Heel Face Turn: Subverted:
Lenny: Well, actually, Hilda, I was hoping we could discuss this in a civilized manner, you know… work out our differences like two uniquely different individuals…um… who have a lot of respect and admiration for each other's, uh, distinctly different differences? You think? Maybe?
(Hilda raises her head, a beam of light appearing behind it. She then grabs Lenny)
Hilda: I don't think so.
- Imagine Spot: Lenny has several, all involving Hilda.
- Jerk Jock: A massive female cat named Hilda constantly bullies the title characters.
- Jive Turkey: Sid seems to lapse in and out of this.
- Keet: Sid, full stop. He can't sit still and could give Speedy Gonzales a run for the money.
- Motor Mouth: Sid, again.
- Name and Name
- Not So Different: The resolution to the plot. Sid really wants to be Lenny's friend, but Lenny doesn't want it at first — but at the end, Sid stands up for Lenny, which helps him realize that he and Sid can be friends despite their differences.
- Title Theme Tune
- Through a Face Full of Fur: Lenny does that after his girlfriend, Jenny, consoles him for being made fun of by Hilda.
- World of Funny Animals