The Addams Family
This is a disambiguation page.
The Addams Family is a fictional household created by American cartoonist Charles Addams in 1938. The family originally included Gomez and Morticia Addams, their children Wednesday and Pugsley, close family members Uncle Fester and Grandmama, their butler Lurch, and Pugsley's pet octopus Aristotle. The dimly seen Thing (later a disembodied hand) was introduced in 1954, and Gomez's Cousin Itt in 1964. The characters were nameless until Addams provided them with first names for the 1964 series, which gave them their creator's family name.
The Addams Family could refer to:
- The Addams Family (cartoons): The original cartoons featuring the family, published in The New Yorker magazine starting in 1938.
- The Addams Family (1964 TV series): The original television adaptation of the cartoons, starring John Astin, Carolyn Jones and Ted Cassidy.
- The Addams Family (1973 TV series): An Animated Adaptation unrelated to the live-action show which aired on NBC for one season.
- Halloween with the New Addams Family: A 1977 TV Movie/Reunion Show reuniting the TV show's cast.
- The Addams Family (1991 film): The 1991 feature film adaptation, starring Raul Julia, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd and Christina Ricci. It drew more from the original cartoons than the TV series, and added a few twists of its own.
- The Addams Family (1992 TV series): The second Animated Adaptation, which ran for one season on ABC.
- Addams Family Values: The 1993 sequel to the 1991 film.
- Addams Family Reunion: A 1998 Direct to Video movie with an entirely new cast, including Tim Curry as Gomez and Daryl Hannah as Morticia.
- The New Addams Family: An American-Canadian revival of the original TV series that ran from late 1998 to mid-1999.
- The Addams Family (musical): A 2010 Broadway adaptation, partaking equally from the cartoons and the TV series.
- The Addams Family (video games): There have been five video games based on the TV series and films for various consoles and systems, released between 1989 and 2001.
- The Addams Family: An Evilution: A 2010 book by H. Kevin Miserocchi which traces the history of the Addams Family starting with the first cartoons through the Broadway musical.
- The Addams Family (2019 film): An All CGI Cartoon animated adaptation featuring the voices of Charlize Theron and Chloe Grace Moretz.
| This disambiguation page lists pages associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.