The Adventures of Pete and Pete/Recap/S2/03 The Call
For 27 years a single payphone on the outskirts of Wellsville has been ringing. And now that same ringing is driving the citizens of Wellsville insane on the hottest day of the year.
Despite trying to avoid the heat, Big Pete ends up in the middle of it and decides to end the madness by finding out just who the call is for.
Meanwhile Little Pete decides to end the madness in his own way: By answering the ringing phone.
This is "The Call". And this is its list of trope examples:
- The Atoner: The call is for Pete's Mom, who gets both guilt pangs and skull pains when she hears a ringing phone and helps out at the crisis center.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Little Pete answering the call.
- Dwindling Party: A Non-Lethal Variant: Little Pete sets out with all of his freinds but loses each of them throughout his quest:
- The first one chickens out and claims theres a force field stopping him, which Nona quickly disproves.
- The other girl in the party is fame hungry but the fear overcomes her. Little Pete is slightly more accepting given that she was at least honest.
- Clem and Nona are brave enough, but they both get trapped by the super hot asphalt that makes their shoes stick to the road.
- Artie succumbs to a hallucination.
- Tear Jerker: The ending.
- World Gone Mad: Wellsville becomes this, to the point where theres a guy in a cowboy outfit trying to lasso his lawmower and the Mail Lady tries to spin around to escape earths gravitational pull.