"Weird Al" Yankovic/Fridge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fridge Brilliance: Weird Al generally doesn't take cheap shots, so it's sort of unfitting when he makes not one, but two borderline homophobic jokes in the same song, "Couch Potato". Recall the original artist of that tune.
- "Perform This Way" is a Lady Gaga parody, and at one point, Al is seen wearing a peacock costume. Peacocks are known to flaunt their weird colorful tail feathers in order to gain attention and show off. Lady Gaga does exactly that, except she doesn't have feathers.
- Al became a vegan in 1992. Every song about food he's recorded since 1992 is probably about one he doesn't even eat.
- "Wanna B Ur Lovr" from the Poodle Hat album is an Intercourse with You song consisting entirely of cheesy, off-the-wall pickup lines that would never work on anyone in real life... EXCEPT other fans who had heard the song. Anyone who understood the context would love it, thus subverting its original intent as a parody of such songs, making it the perfect Intercourse with You song for Weird Al fans.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic's version of Peter and the Wolf invokes this with regard to the Duck being swallowed whole by the Wolf, and therefore being alive to have its Leitmotif played at the end, pointing out that this meant that the Duck died a slow, painful death as the Wolf's digestive juices broke him down. Of course, anyone could have had that reaction to the end of the original as well.