Black Lagoon/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Black Lagoon Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
All of Just Another Soul's work.
- Recomended by: Thinks Too Much
- Comments: She gives much love to supporting characters who need it, and her writing feels just like the series.
- User:Thinks Too Much: Not familiar with all of it, but what I read was passable. At least some of it ships Sawyer/Rotton/Shenhua, no love triangle.
- Spider Alchemist-I was the original anonymous recommendation person, just thought I'd clear that up.
- Jomlos: Behold, Rotton/Eda Crack Fic, leave you demand for sanity point.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by lanky
- Synopsis: Two characters from Nerima come to visit the city of Roanapur, introducing magic which changes the dynamics of the status quo in new and interesting ways. Ranma decides that Revy is a tomboy and Hilarity Ensues.
Four Pirates and a...Little Lady? by Technomad
- Recommended by Eoppen
- Synopsis: Revy's long-lost little sister shows up in Roanapur...and brings chaos in her wake. How can one small girl cause so much confusion?
- Comments: Rachel, Revy's little sister, has made her way to Roanapur, and promptly starts causing chaos. She starts out by flirting with Rock, and after Revy warns her off in no uncertain terms, goes on to run a fraud that ends up snaring quite a few members of Hotel Moscow. Seeing Revy having to deal with someone that makes her seem fairly reasonable and sane is amusing. And that's without the North Koreans trying to take over Roanapur...
Midnight's Path by Amigodude
- Recommended by RmfD
- Synopsis: Before she was Balalaika, she was Vladilena, the Marshall's granddaughter. Desperate for military glory, she disobeys orders and ventures into the "devil's nest" - Afghanistan.
- Comments: An interesting look into pre-series, especially when Balalaika interacts with others in the military. The Author updates fairly regularly, which is always nice.
The Devil's Graveyard by Amigodude
- Recommended by Two Gun Angel
- Synopsis: Business is not usual for Dutch when the boss of the Chinese Triads comes calling. The next delivery run for the Black Lagoon Company could be fatal for the crew if loyalties are not chosen wisely. And the new girl has a bad attitude.
- Comments: Another very nice pre-series fic from Amigodude, this time focusing on Revy's first run with the Black Lagoon. Does a very good job in telling things from Dutch's perspective.
- Recommended by Dellanotte
- Synopsis: "All you're doing is surviving, when you could be winning. Now you're lucky that gang you just slaughtered was a buncha downright bastards nobody liked, or I'd be thinking more than twice about saying this. Join my crew, Revy Two-Hands."
- Comments: Yet another pre-series theory on how Dutch hired Revy, and perfectly in keeping with the series' darkest moments of Nietzsche Wannabe monologuing.
(For the love of tropes, we beg the Wiki Magic to cough up some good Revy/Rock.) Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Black and Blue Lagoon by Nugar
- Recommended by Arcane Azmadi
- Pairings: Rock/Revy
- Synopsis: Rock and an unconscious Revy end up adrift after a botched pirating job, finally ending up on a deserted island. Revy sees a new side to Rock as he fights man and nature to save her, but the real danger may be more insidious. They're out of cigarettes.
- Comments: Pretty enjoyable. Don't know what to say other than the fact Rock and Revy pretty much stay in character while slowly bonding and trying to survive. Funny, sweet, plenty of Cluster F Bombs... and they do it. Censored version in link.
- Uncut (read: superior) version here. Superior, if only because the FF.net version's cuts interfere with the story progression.
- Recommended by Zaiaku666
- Pairings: Rock/Revy
- Synopsis: Rock's residency papers have yet to be filed. Balalaika being who she is decides to cut corners and hurry the process up by marrying him to Revy; Hilarity Ensues. More of a Slice of Life fic than anything only boasting two, if funny, chapters. Also, Hansel and Gretel are alive and were adopted by Rock as this fic is in continuity with his other fic, Assassin's Keeper.
- While short, the author manages to cram in Crowning Moments in one sequence during some mercenary attack on the school in which Hansel and Gretel attend. You have "We'll just listen to the sounds of men dying." to Revy showing a bit of her Mama Bear side ("I'm their mother!") and Rock scaring off the last mercenary by calmly stating "I'm their father.".
Sweet Attack by unkeptsecrets
- Recommended by Arc Varanus
- Pairings: Rock/Revy, Balalaika/Chang
- Synopsis: Chaos returns to Roanapur as the Triads and Hotel Moscow start their inevitable war. Old alliances clash with new ones, and the only person who can save them all is pressing out his collared shirt by the bed.
Don't Let Go by Fifth Horseman
- Recommended by Anfingrimm
- Pairing: Rock/Revy
- Synopsis: The inevitable finally happens, and Revy breaks. Luckily she has Rock to hold her together..