Doppelganger is a science-fiction web musical created by EK Films with music written by A.J. Holmes and lyrics by Ethan Kuperberg. It tells the story of Victor Walton, an unpopular Nerd who is unaccepted by all of the cliques in his school and wants to get with Elizabeth, the girl of his dreams. To fix this, he clones a cooler version of himself. Things seem to turn out well at first, but then things don't turn out according to plan. The first part can be found here. The soundtrack can be downloaded here.
- Brainless Beauty: The Drunk Girls
- Cloning Blues
- Deus Ex Machina: Even lampshaded when all the problems are solved when Vincent makes more clones to fill the empty spots in the Chemistry Club.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: Victor isn't even accepted by the nerds
- Expendable Clone: Vincent accuses Victor of using him as this.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: "Hey look it's Heart!
- Nerd: They form an entire clique. Victor is one and so is Lisa to a lesser extent.
- Shout-Out: One of the social cliques is called The Greasers
- Spoof Aesop: (Or a blunt Aesop depending how you look at it) Lisa's lesson taught to Victor during 'Life Sucks' is That life sucks and he will always be a loser. But accepting it is all he can do and at least there will always be someone worse off than him.
Victor: Lisa, that's awful.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Parodied and inverted with Lisa
- The Stoner: The school has an entire clique of them called The Stoners
- Triumphant Reprise: 'Where I Feel at Home' is sung during the finale when Victor realizes that he doesn't need to be a part of any clique to be happy