Girl Number 9
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Please. I'll do anything. But I won't do this!"
When a serial killer is captured, he tells a detective he has 30 minutes to rescue a girl before she is killed. The rest is pretty much a Shoot the Shaggy Dog story.
Tropes used in Girl Number 9 include:
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Chekhov's Gun: Just a gun, this time.
- Death Trap: Saw-style
- Downer Ending: Boy howdy.
- Driven to Suicide: Hannibal Lectured into it.
- Forced to Watch: Inverted with the serial killer being in police custody, but then played straight anyway with the captive girls on a webcam for the police.
- Idiot Ball: How is Matheson supposed to make the call to save his daughter if he's dead
- Infant Immortality: Saw doesn't even go there. this one...not so much.
- Product Placement: Powerbook, iPhone.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: Police and serial killer both.
- Redemption Equals Death: Oh so subverted.
- Sadistic Choice: Kill yourself or let your daughter die
- Sequel Hook: But why?
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: The closest thing to the point of this series.
- Torture Cellar: Saw-style warehouses. Seeing a pattern yet?