Senobi no Housoku
Senobi no Housoku is a shounen ai manga created by Okuyama Puku and originally serialized on the magazine Craft. In 2011 it was licensed by Digital Manga Guild as The Rule Of Standing On Tiptoe.
A new student enrolls in Kosuke’s sophomore class in high school. As a perfect foil to Kosuke’s short stature, Raku is tall, manly and popular with girls. Although Kosuke initially feels jealous, he soon learns of Raku’s secret and is asked to keep it a secret. Raku finds himself taking an interest in Kosuke and they begin to grow closer. This is a high school romantic comedy about an odd couple!
Tropes used in Senobi no Housoku include:
- Animal Motifs: Hamster for Kousuke.
- Anime Hair: Kousuke hamster ears, subverted in that he actually styles his hair that way.
- Bishonen: Ruku.
- But Not Too Foreign: Ruku
- Phenotype Stereotype: Blond and blue-eyed.
- Crash Into Hello: How Kosuke and Ruku meet after Kosuke was fantasizing about having a moment like that with a cute girl complete with toast and panty shot.
- Cuteness Proximity: Mostly Minami with Ruuri; Minami just likes tiny things.
- Everyone Can See It
- Friend to All Living Things: Ruri
- Ho Yay: Between Kosuke and Ruku, and played for laughs between Ruku and Keika.
- Huge Guy And Tiny Guy
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Kosuke and Minami, which was the reason that they broke up.
- If It's You It's Okay
- In-Series Nickname: Ruku dubs Kousuke Ham-chan, which prompts Kousuke to retaliate by calling him Lucky.
- Les Yay: Between Ruri and Minami.
- Moe Couplet
- The Quiet One: Ruri and Kazuya.
- Panty Shot: Minami gives one to Kosuke while they are having a race which causes him to have a Face Fault.
- Unrequited Love: Hane for Kousuke.