- Alas, Poor Villain - Mikoto.
- Badass Decay - Possibly Tokiya in the latter arcs of the manga.
- Boring Invincible Hero: Recca, Team Hokage picked this up, especially in the SODOM arc.
- Complete Monster - Mori Kouran, Kaima, Nagai Mokuren, and Genjuro as well.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome
- Recca's BIG Shut UP, Hannibal to Kurei near the end of their fight. It goes like this:
You know, I must really be an idiot. I don't even understand. I'm not even sure if I'm right, maybe I'm not. And it's not like I'm coming here planning on becoming the crusader of justice or anything. Even so, I took my worthless head and I've been doing a lot of thinking. And the only thing I know for a fact are my feelings about you: DON'T TRY TO FEED THIS SHIT ON ME, ASSHOLE!!! *PUNCH*
IT'S JUST LIKE A LITTLE KID THAT IS BEING PICKED ON, THEN TURNING AROUND AND PICKING ON SOMEONE ELSE!!! AND THAT SURE DOESN'T MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD, KUREI!!!
- Cult Classic
- Crowning Moment of Funny - Chapter 193. Domon vs. Kirin. That is all.
- Damsel Scrappy: Yanagi, particularly her anime incarnation.
- Ensemble Darkhorse - Apparently, Kurei.
- Evil Is Sexy - Neon.
- Epileptic Trees - A popular fan theory about Joker being Nanashi in MAR)
- Fridge Logic The process to summon and utilize the eight dragon Resshin is to summon all previous seven dragons (usually in order). While for Recca this gives Resshin's phoenix power to utilize Yanagi as his flame, consider that before he became Resshin, Oka's final dragon was Kokuu, the Laser Dragon. One would assume this meant Kokuu was Oka's ultimate attack...while Recca gets to use him willy-nilly.
- Hilarious in Hindsight - Two of Recca's dragons (male) are named Madoka and Homura...
- Jerkass Woobie: Kurei
- Memetic Molester - Oh, Kurei.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses - One of the main reasons why Yanagi is The Scrappy in some circles is because she is never an offensive Action Girl. She did have some backbone and does help out at times in the manga (even if she doesn't fight). However, since the anime seemed to remove that backbone...
- Too Cool to Live - Joker.