You're the one I wanna chase, you're the one I wanna hold
Jesse McCartney (born April 9, 1987) is a Teen Idol, formerly of Dream Street. He released his first solo in 2004. "Beautiful Soul" is regarded as the song that shot him to fame. He's also an actor and voice actor.
He achieved fame in the late 1990s on the daytime drama All My Children as JR Chandler. He later joined boy band Dream Street, and eventually branched out into a solo musical career.
Additionally, He has appeared on shows such as Summerland and Greek. He also is known for lending his voice as Theodore in Alvin and the Chipmunks and its sequels, as well as voicing the characters Roxas and Ventus in the video games series Kingdom Hearts developed by Square Enix.
Known for songs such as "Leavin", "Beautiful Soul", "She's No You" "Shake" and "Right Where You Want Me".
His second album had some very Maroon 5 themes and chords, and his third album had some very Justin Timberlake vibes in it.
- Roxas and Ventus in Kingdom Hearts
- Theodore in Alvin and Chipmunks
- JoJo in Horton Hears a Who!
- Terence in the Disney Fairies CGI movies
- Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) in Young Justice
- Beautiful Soul (2004)
- Right Where You Want Me (2006)
- Departure (2008)
- Have It All (2012)
- Break Up Song: "It's Over", "How Do You Sleep", "Runnin", "Not Your Enemy", "Anybody". "Just Go"
- Celebrity Voice Actor
- Cover Version: The Stupid Things originally by Thicke
- Development Hell: AND HOW his fourth album is going through this
- Darker and Edgier: He plays a pretty messed up and creepy person in his Law and Order episode.
- Grief Song: "Invincible"
- Green-Eyed Monster: Telling his girlfriend not to be jealous in "She's No You".
- Hair of Gold: Though it was more noticeable in his earlier days, now it's a notably darker shade. Many of his characters also have this.
- Hotter and Sexier: Walking this path for awhile.
- Ink Suit Actor: What he more or less is for Terence in the Disney Fairies movies.
- Intercourse with You: Present in albums second and third, basically all subtly out the window on "Into Ya".
- Love Is a Drug: "Relapse"
- Love At First Sight: "What's Your Name?"
- New Sound Album / Genre Shift: "Departure" has an RNB edge none of his other albums have.
- Obsession Song: Most of his first album is this.
- Rerelease the Song: Beautiful Soul cleaned up for A Cinderella Story.
- Refuge in Audacity: "Into Ya" through's all subtly out the window to hilarious result...
- Signature Song: In his Teen Idol days, he was known mostly for just "Beautiful Soul". He was also the cowriter for Leona Lewis's signature song "Bleeding Love" and recorded a demo of it.
- Silly Love Songs: Several, but one that is still pretty well-remembered is "Beautiful Soul".
- Star-Making Role: Come on, did anyone expect him to be Roxas?
- Unplugged Version: He does extremely well live with just a guitar.
- Updated Rerelease: Departure was rereleased with five bonus tracks called Recharged...
Don't want a minute to go to waste, I want you and your beautiful soul...