Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth/Heartwarming
- In the first Investigations game, during the flashback to Edgeworth's first properly meeting Kay, the dialogue gets increasingly focused on the Promise Book that Kay and her father made and how much Mr. Faraday cared for Kay. It's made increasingly heartwarming because Gumshoe nearly got himself arrested on a double murder charge to cover up Kay breaking one of her promises.
- Being an odd mix of this, a Tear Jerker and a Crowning Moment of Funny, during the flashback case we get treated to this: When talking to Kay, you realise that she kept a Swiss Roll that she'd bought on her "for her daddy". This is the Tear Jerker part, as we all know that her father is dead. And so does she. The Crowning Moment of Heartwarming was when Edgeworth, drawing comparisons between her father's death and that of his own father (having both been killed when they were about 9 or 10, in a courthouse), decides to have a Pet the Dog moment and, getting down on one knee, offers her a handkerchief and encourages her to let it all out. She starts to cry, and she runs towards him, presumably to get a hug...only for it to become a Crowning Moment of Funny when instead of using the handkerchief, she instead blows her nose on his cravat. His expression is priceless. Still, the moment is incredibly heartwarming when you think that this happened years before his Heel Face Turn.
- After getting Kay off the hook for the murder of Manny, Miles reprimands her for being reckless. Kay looks down at her shoes and apologises, saying she'll be more careful, only for Miles to tell her, "good girl. It's good to conduct some self-reflection every once in a while." Kay, at this point, tells Miles that he reminds her of her father. Awwwwww <3
- "Don't worry, Maggey! I'll always be there for you!" D'awwwwwwww, Gumshoe, you sweety!
- How about when we see Kay defend Gummy by kicking Miles? and she attempts to do it again later? This troper find it quite heartwarming to see Kay defend Gummy, her new friend by bonding over with a Swiss Roll. And let's not forget Gummy sticking up for her by not revealing her presence in the beginning. That's friendship at best.
- During the final battle with Quercus Alba:
Lang: I think I'll give trusting you a try, Mr. Prosecutor... or rather, Mr. Edgeworth.
Lang: I leave this critical battle up to you, Mr. Edgeworth!
- Tateyuki in Investigations 2 still firmly believes Edgeworth and Manfred von Karma are Not So Different. Then Gumshoe and Kay get sick of it, giving him a massive speech on Edgeworth's Character Development and how he's no longer an Amoral Attorney. Even Edgeworth opens up a fair bit more than he has in the series. (Tateyuki even lampshades it.)
- The ending of Investigations 2 Case 4 where Kay regains her memories and she gains them back when Edgeworth gives her the promise notebook.
- In that case, it was more like...
"I am Kay Faraday...The Great Thief Yatagarasu!" *The Great Truth Burglar starts up* D'awwwwwww.