Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for the Blazblue series Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
General Fics[edit | hide]
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Ask Rachel Alucard by Xm 0123
- Recommended by Heraklinios
- Synopsis: Rachel Alucard gets hold of a Windows 7 laptop and decides to open a blog in which she answers question from several reviewers about the Blazblue universe. Hilarity Ensues.
- It should be noted that as of recently Xm 0123 is also managing a spin-off; Help us, Professor Kokonoe.
Aftermath by Maes Lawliet
- Recommended by Chris X
- Synopsis: Even if it's to save someone she loved very much, Litchi Faye-Ling just doesn't feel right in joining NOL. Then Hazama tried to draw her selfish side in hopes to make her into a selfish, despicable bitch, and the only one that can help her is herself... would she fall for Hazama's draws or would she keep her kindness?
"At Fate's Hands by Velvien
- Recommended by Irikarul
- Pairings: Ragna/Tsubaki, as well as a couple of others which are under wraps at the moment.
- Synopsis: The sequel to "On Strange Wings". Ragna and Tsubaki's relationship remains the main focus, but every character in Blazblue has an important role in the story, and some of them form romantic bonds of their own. Velvien presents his vision of Blazblue's storyline conclusion as many characters band together to defeat the NOL, Terumi and Relius in particular. It also features characters whom were not present in "On Strange Wings" (Carl, for example) gaining prominent roles, while four OC's have been added for both sides of the conflict: Gesshoku Yayoi (Tsubaki's father), Belioz Mutsuki (Member of the Duodecim), Tenshin (Lord Tenjo's son), and the mysterious Voivod. The author has noted that the fanfic will be "epic in length".
- Status: Ongoing
- Now has a forum called The Cauldron where Velvian plans to have a play by post RP inside the universe of At Fates Hands. No OC's to create yet, and the rest of the cast needs to be filled out, but it will soon be ready! http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Cauldron/index/
Crossover series involving BlazBlue
SinnerBlue:Dark's Misfortune by Kermee007 (This fic has numerous Original Characters. It has some foul language here and there too.)
- Recommended by Aqua Robot
- Synopsis: A crossover of BlazBlue and Soul Nomad and The World Eaters. An Original Character named Dark has to deal with a bunch of supernatural elements in his life like ghosts and demons. After a girl from space randomly crashes into his house, she decides to help him out in any way she can to make up for it. She eventually drags Ragna and Revya to join the ride to help him with his life.
- Comments: The two Copyrighted Characters aren’t introduced until about Chapter 7 or so, but the writing is well enough for some to look past that. We aren’t told from what point in time Ragna or Revya are taken from their continuity, but there doesn’t seem to be any major out-of-character moments from the two. The writing is captivating, but it’s an in progress fic. However, it seems to have potential and I definitely recommend it to be read during one’s spare time.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Tales Of Vesperia: Calamity Trigger by Cypher0120
- Recommended by Irikarul, seconded by Guy Smiley
- Pairings: Jin/Sodia, Yuri/Estelle, Carl/Rita, Raven/Judith, Hakumen/Nirvana, Flynn/Noel
- Synopsis: A crossover of BlazBlue and Tales of Vesperia. The fic takes place after the ending of Vesperia, and around the ending of Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. Several Blazblue characters, namely Jin Kisaragi, Carl Clover, Hakumen, Arakune, and recently Noel Vermillion end up in the Vesperia world due to time shifts. As the author said, the time shifts are partially an excuse to cross over the two fandoms. Characters from both sides team up to fight a potentially world-destroying threat, and the Smooth Criminal behind it. Plenty of ship teasing is included, as well.
"On Strange Wings by Velvien
- Recommended by: John Dirge
- Pairing: Ragna/Tsubaki
- Synopsis: Lifted straight from FF. Net; "After a chance meeting at a restaurant, Tsubaki finds herself following the NOL's greatest enemy to meet a childhood hero." Goes on to include many characters of the BlazBlue roster with mention, or cameos, of numerous other characters.
- Status: Completed.