A Legend of Rain
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
So basically it was still a doomed wasteland. But a different kind of doomed wasteland.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in A Legend of Rain include:
- Action Girl: Jerra and to a lesser extent Tianna.
- Allergic to Routine: Jerra.
- All Work vs. All Play: Tianna vs. Jerra.
- Ambiguous Gender: Takir, Yemin and most other elves except Relin (and even he’s a bit feminine).
- Author Appeal: A whole race of people who are androgynous in body and mind.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Takir.
- Blade on a Stick: Takir’s weapon of choice is a spear.
- Break the Cutie: Takir.
- Chekhov's Gun: A few.
- Chosen One: What everyone tells Jerra she is. She’s not particularly happy about it.
- Combat Pragmatist: Jerra.
- Courier: Tianna. Takir is training to be this.
- Crossing the Desert: All though they do travel at night whenever possible.
- Cryptic Background Reference
- Fantastic Racism: There is a few instances of elves and humans not being very fond of each other.
- Fatal Flaw
- Grey and Gray Morality
- Insufferable Genius: Relin.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Relin and Takir.
- Jerkass: Pretty much all the main characters and then some, to some extent.
- Knife Nut: Jerra.
- Light Is Not Good: Jerra, who will gladly rob you and leave you to die, wears all white clothes.
- Magic A Is Magic A
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero
- No Periods, Period: Averted - it’s referenced at least once.
- Odd Friendship: Jerra and Takir.
- Our Elves Are Better: All of the elves are at least a little bit arrogant, though some more than others … Coughrelincough.
- Parental Substitute: Relin is this to Takir, even though the latter’s parents are perfectly fine.
- Pyromaniac: Jerra.
- Single Biome Planet: The whole world is one giant desert Except not really. There’s a whole world on the other side of the mountains, but the characters never find this out.
- Sticky Fingers: Jerra tends to ’borrow’ her teammates processions. And sell them later.
- Teacher-Student Romance: Implied.
- The Apprentice: Takir
- The Quiet One: Tianna wishes she was allowed to be this.
- The Stoic: Tianna.
- Thirsty Desert: The setting
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Takir.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity