The Greek Ninja is an online novel by Seireina. It follows the life of Sasha Hunter, a young ninja living in Evros, Greece and attending a martial arts school there. One day, her sensei is killed by a mysterious force, and Sasha sets out on a journey to Delphi along with her goofy team mate Dawson, in order to fulfill her late teacher's wish; to find her real self.
The prophecy she receives from the Delphic oracle is beyond belief; the dreams that had been tormenting her every night turn out to be lost memories from her previous life, that of the legendary Eli of Thrace. But that's not it. The world is in danger and fate has it that she must save it from destruction. Besides, the force responsible for that is the same one responsible for her teacher's death. Sasha's hope of avenging him is reignited.
A longer and more painful journey begins, now with the addition of two kind-hearted Greeks, Eleonora and Menelaos, to the team. This time, the destination is Japan. They return a year later to Greece, having retrieved the Legacy of Hiroyuki, a much needed force for the final battle in the form of an arrogant samurai, named Hashimoto Daichi. They find things have changed drastically.
Violent centaurs, ruthless satyrs, and even a phycotic succubus is what they encounter uppon their return. The team is forced to fight, in a war that turns out to be beyond their powers. Sasha's fourteen years of training are put to the test, and everyone is brought to their limit. Can they make it, or will the dark prophecy of Pythia become an even darker reality? And who the hell is behind it all? Sasha discovers that her past hides more secrets than she initially thought...
The adventures of the Greek Ninja can be read here.
The story is made up of three arcs; the first one consists of four chapters, the second one of two and the third one of six. Before the story begins, a short prologue gives insight into Sasha's past and how she ended up in Greece.
Other than Greek, there is also Japanese and Latin Dialogue. The multinational character of Ariadnio is shown clearly in the arcs set there. Characters of Greek, British, French, Italian, Japanese and Argentinian nationality have appeared.
- Action Girl: Almost all female characters.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: The invasion of Ariadnio that started it the whole thing. Unfortunatelly, that was just the tip of the iceberg...
- Aloof Ally: Electra in the Third Arc.
- Bad Dreams: Sasha has them to begin with, although they aren't as much bad as they are annoying.
- Badass Crew: Sasha and what ended up being reffered to as "her group".
- Band of Brothers: What it says above.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Sasha and Daichi? Why of course, they all but try to kill each oth- oh wait! Nope, they've done that.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Daichi is shown to be this to start with.
- Can't Stand Them Can't Live Without Them: Both Sasha and Daichi find themselves feeling this way about people. Especially each toher.
- Celibate Hero: Daichi, who despite attracting a lot of female attention, is uninterested by the fact.
- Character Development: Almost all characters, especially Sasha and Daichi, who go through major personality changes.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Dawson can be a bit of this.
- Cycle of Revenge: Secret theme that is revealed in the end.
- Dumb Muscle: Menelaos sometimes acts like one.
- Fan Girl: Iphigenie has a profound love for all guys who are pretty.
- Five-Man Band: Played completely and absolutely straight.
- Fun Personified: Menelaos again.
- Gratuitous English: Menelaos, who speaks English by making direct translations from Greek. That results in the creation of a language unlike English or Greek.
- Hair of Gold: Erasme, the obnoxious girl who along with Thalia Ruiz, is disliked by Sasha and Iphigenie.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Sasha and Iphigenie.
- Ho Yay: Sasha's encounter with Dolores, the crazy succubus, who has "interesting"ways of killing her victims...
- I Am Who?: Sasha has one of these moments when she finds out who she really is from Pythia.
- I Can Still Fight: Surprisignly enough for the group, it was Dawson that pulled this little stunt.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Daichi, and also Sasha fits into this trope. Gradually, they both become less jerks, so then they are forced to act like they still are.
- Lady of War: Sasha and Eleonora, Sasha being more ruthless and Eleonora more graceful (except when she loses it which is often.)
- The Leader: Sasha, and she gets really mad you try to dispute that.
- Katanas Are Just Better: You know they are! Well, Sasha, Daichi and Electra certainly do.
- Ninja: Sasha, Dawson, Yamauchi-sensei and Lady Nishimura. Of course most Ariadnio students are training in ninjutsu, but few of them know enough to qualify as ninja.
- Ninja School: Ariadnio.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Daichi has a major one near the end, and Sasha many throughout the story. Also Dawson, whose character runs on this, although in his case this happens cause it's hard to define his character. Highly-skilled tracker, a Hidden Badass, or just a goofball?
- Pretty Boy: Hashimoto Daichi and Nektarios Lekas are the most prominent ones.
- Prophecy Twist: Yup, one in the infamous prophecy. That ought to be a surprise.
- Shipper on Deck: Eleonora, with Menelaos and Dawson participating, to Sasha and Daichi.
‘You’re joking, right? He’s the male version of you! Except that he’s more spoilt, but other than that, you two are made for each other!’
- Shirtless Scene: Daichi has one. Iphigenie, Sasha's childhood friend, is impressed.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Menelaos even gets a fangirl. Iphigenie, who else?
- Time Skip: Happens twice between the arcs.
- The Voiceless: Menelaos a lot of the time due to his limited knowledge of English.