A View to a Kill/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Bond teams up with John Steed.
- And they're fighting Christopher Walken, in his best known role as... Christopher Walken.
- Fiona "Grand Duchess Anastasia" and "Alice (of Wonderland)" Fullerton.
- Midge Pinciotti was also a Bond girl.
- Also, Dolph Lundgren, who was dating Grace Jones at the time, appears as Gogol's KGB bodyguard.
- Maud Adams makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-her cameo as an extra on a bus. This makes her the only actress to play three distinct characters in the Bond movies (following her roles in The Man with the Golden Gun and as the eponymous Octopussy, respectively). Apparently, she just happened to be visiting San Francisco while they were shooting there, and Moore decided to get her in it.
- Zorin's other assistants, Jenny Flex & Pan Ho are played by that blonde lady from The Last Crusade and the actual coiner of the phrase Me Love You Long Time, respectively.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat W.G. Howe is played by, to quote Darrell Hammond "the bald guy from Murder One."
- Wu Han is CIA agent Chuck Lee.
- Reality Subtext: Zorin's "Main Strike" is schedueled to happen on the 22nd, the same day as the Kennedy assassination; the Texan oil driller Conley is a reference to Texan Governor Connally, who was also shot but survived; and Sir Godfrey Tibbet is a reference to JD Tibbet, the policeman Lee Harvey Oswald was originally arrested for shooting.
- What Could Have Been: Pierce Brosnan would have taken up the 007 mantle ten years early if he hadn't decided to do Remington Steele instead.