< Far Cry
- Anticlimax Boss: In the PC version, the final opponent is Doyle, a weak scientist armed with a P90 and hiding in a control room. He goes down in one shot. Then again, at the beginning of the final level, you fight Big Bad Climax Boss Mutated Krieger, who puts up a much bigger fight.
- ...And he's not much of a threat either, if you fight him by getting in close like you fought all the other giant trigens.
- Alternatively, you can just shoot him in the crotch, as he takes massive damage if hit there (who doesn't?) and goes down after only a handful of bullets.
- Demonic Spiders:
- The monkey Trigens. Since the shotgun has little to no stopping power against them, if they start their leaping attack and aren't dead by the time they reach you, you can wave goodbye to half your health.
- In Instincts, there are Kamikaze Trigens, who run at you screaming at the top of their lungs and blow up in your face, killing you.
- Narm: Jack. Daaaaar, Doy-ul?
- Porting Disaster: Vengeance is widely agreed to be one of these. Even the Future Loser Angry Video Game Nerd does a review on the game in the Present Nerd's Nightmare Sequence in Yet Another Christmas Carol. Ironically for a Wii port, the motion controls are actually regarded to be very good by most players, but everything else... they just didn't care.
- Scrappy Level: When you get booted out of a helicopter, with an almost empty gun, into a jungle chock full of Trigens. With one charging at you right at the beginning.
Far Cry 3
- Crazy Awesome: Vaas. Did he ever tell you the definition of insanity?
- Creator's Pet: It does seem that Ubisoft wants Vaas to join the ranks of Rayman, Sam Fisher and Ezio Auditore. He even takes over the cover of the game!
- Complete Monster: Vaas might be Crazy Awesome and the next iconic character for Ubisoft, but you cannot deny that he is this. From terrorizing the native population to kidnapping and killing hostages to keeping Jason alive just so he can go insane, this guy takes Ax Crazy to a whole new level.
- Nightmare Fuel: What the pirates do to the hostages. Sweet Jesus.