Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash is a six-issue comic book limited series that was released in November 2007 and ran until March 2008. It was published by Wildstorm, Dynamite Entertainment, and DC Comics. The series was written by James Kuhoric and illustrated by Jason Craig.
Freddy manipulates Jason into retriving the Necronomicon ex Mortis; once in his possession, Freddy plans to use it to revive himself and cause more carnage. Ashley J. Williams just happens to have moved to Crystal Lake for the new Super Ultra Mega S-Mart -- which is his cover while he keeps his own search for the Necronomicon alive. Once the triumvirate of terror meet, chaos ensues.
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors is the six-issue sequel to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash that ran from August to November 2009. It was published by Wildstorm, Dynamite Entertainment, and DC Comics. Kuhoric and Craig returned to write/draw the comic, while Katz helped on writing duties.
Freddy and Jason are resurrected by the United States government, which wants to exploit their supernatural powers; the government is (predictably) unable to control the titans of terror, who seek to take over the world using the Necronomicon. In the meantime, a support group for survivors of the two killers' supernatural rampages -- the eponymous Nightmare Warriors -- has been formed. The group (comprised of various characters from both the Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday the 13 th films, as well as recent survivor Ash) makes it their mission to work together to stop Freddy and Jason once and for all.
Katz and Kuhoric wrote the sequel series as an epic "fanboy story" and modeled the concept after the various Crisis events from DC Comics. The eponymous Nightmare Warriors were designed as a Justice League-style superhero team, and the storyline aimed to combine the three separate mythologies (Nightmare, Friday, and Evil Dead) into a single, coherent continuity.
- Alpha Bitch: Bree.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Dream Warriors, Nancy Thompson and Amanda Krueger in the finale.
- Big Damn Villains: The Dream Demons.
- Bishonen Line: Crossed by Jason, of all people, when Freddy decides that Jason's undead form won't be able to withstand the coming battle and so uses the Necronomicon to completely restore him.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead:
- Blonde: Tina
- Brunette: Stephanie and Alice
- Redhead: Rennie
- Chainsaw Good: Ash gets a new, "chain lit" chainsaw, which proves to be a lot more useful than any other weapon.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Presumably Maggie, though how it happened isn't revealed.
- Brought Down to Normal: Freddy. See You Have Failed Me....
- Clipped-Wing Angel: Dream Master Jacob, Freddy after absorbing Jason's soul.
- Death by Sex
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: How "President Freddy" announces his "No Kid Left Alive" act to the world.
- Dual Wield: Tommy with machine guns, Alice with handguns, Jason and Stephanie with machetes, Maggie with two bladed gloves.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Stephen, Rennie and Maggie (in Maggie's case, it's more of a tank).
- The End - or Is It?: Both series end on this note, though only two stories seem to have been planned.
- Expy: Intentional or not, Stephanie bears a lot of similarities to Jamie Lloyd.
- Face Heel Turn: Dr. Maggie Burroughs aka Katherine Krueger in Nightmare Warriors.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Director Russell Gordon, set up as a major villain in Nightmare Warriors, is killed halfway through the series.
- Not So Different: Tommy's No-Holds-Barred Beatdown against the rejuvenated Jason ends when he breaks Jason's mask and sees that Jason's human face looks very much like his own.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Happens to Ash, Neil and Jacob.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Tommy feels this way towards Jason, and it's possibly reciprocated.
- Oh Crap: Freddy Krueger has read the Necronomicon. Freddy Krueger has read the Necronomicon
- Parental Incest: Freddy and Maggie.
- Signs of Disrepair: Stabe motel.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Lori and Will and in the second one, Caroline.
- Versus Title
- Washington, D.C. Invasion: Freddy stages a surprisingly successful one with a Deadite army (and Jason leading the troops). When the government's dumb enough to bring Freddy, Jason, and the Necronomicon itself to Washington...
- You Are Too Late: In the first series, Ash personally goes to stop Freddy from reading the Necronomicon -- then discovers that Freddy already read from the book and gained all its powers ten minutes prior.
- You Have Failed Me...: When Freddy defiantly declares himself a "dream god" even after Jason and the Deadites have been defeated, the Dream Demons decide that they've had enough.
Dream Demons: "You lied to us! We gave you power and now we have nothing!"