Drug and Drop
A manga written by CLAMP that went on hiatus when the magazine in which it ran ceased its publication. It has been recently announced that CLAMP will return to the series in Young Ace magazine in November 2011.
The story follows Kazahaya Kudo, a young man who collapses in the snow after running away from home and thinks that he doesn't want to die. He is found by Rikuo Himura, who takes him to the Green Drugstore, where he gets a job from Kakei, the eccentric owner. Since both guys have supernatural powers, they take on "special" cases on the side that never go as smoothly as they'd hoped. There's also the beginnings of a Myth Arc in play, with Kazahaya hiding from his twin sister, Kei, Rikuo searching for a mysterious woman named Tsukiko, and Kakei and his lover, Saiga, preparing for something that's looming over the horizon. And it all comes with the boatloads of Subtext and Ho Yay that you'd expect from most of CLAMP's work.
Formerly available from Tokyopop as Legal Drug.
Not to be confused with the use of legal drugs in a work; that's a G-Rated Drug.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Kazahaya gets teased a lot about this, though given how incredibly sheltered he was growing up, his only potential partner would have been his sister.
- Bespectacled Bastard Boyfriend: In spite of his spectacles and accusations of a sadistic streak, Kakei isn't one.
- Bishie Sparkle: Kakei has this in Kazahaya's head.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Kakei is a mild example. Rikuo and Saiga are both well aware of his sadistic streak, but Kazahaya still hasn't caught on to the fact that if Kakei is smiling, he is not going to have a good day. He does seem to genuinely care about the boys, though.
- Boys Love: While never completely confirmed due to Development Hell, it's pretty obvious that Kakei and Saiga are an item and that Rikuo has a thing for Kazahaya.
- Cain and Abel: We're not really sure what their deal is, but it's implied that Kazahaya ran away from home in order to avoid something that would have eventually pitted him and Kei against each other... maybe.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys
- Chains of Love: In the official artwork.
- Chekhov MIA / Dead Little Sister: Tsukiko, who disappeared without a trace and left a blood-splattered room behind her. Rikuo's convinced that she is alive out there somewhere, but we probably won't be learning her official status anytime soon.
- Chick Magnet: Rikuo.
- Continuity Cameo: Besides Kazahaya and Rikou making cameos in xxxHolic, characters from other CLAMP series have shown up in this series.
- In the 2nd CCS movie Touya is seen wearing the Wish bunny mascot suit for work. Guess which store the mascot is for.
- In the second chapter of Drug & Drop, Watanuki appears as owner of Yuuko's shop, tying into the end of xxxHolic. And then in chapter 3, a girl appears who's implied to be Yuuko herself reincarnated.
- In chapter 9 of Legal Drug, Kazahaya meets Hina at her high school graduation and gives her a new outfit from recurring CLAMP brand name Piffle Princess in exchange for her school uniform. When Hina tells Shirou about it shortly afterward, he isn't too thrilled with how she blithely accepted some random stranger's request for her uniform, no questions asked.
- Cool Shades: Saiga
- Cute Kitten: A shapeshifting one is the McGuffin for one of the boys' jobs.
- Disguised in Drag: Kazahaya ends up in drag as part of his side jobs far too often for his liking.
- The Ditz: Kazahaya
- The Empath: Kazahaya
- Everything's Better with Chocolate: Rikuo. Revealed with a side-platter of Fan Service.
- Festival Episode
- Ho Yay: It is a CLAMP title, so naturally Kazahaya and Rikuo have this, but Kakei and Saiga are actually canonically lovers.
- Meaningful Name: "Kazahaya, your name is like a warning. It's telling you that one day you might disappear, just like the wind." Whether this will come true or not is yet to be seen, but he's determined to survive no matter what.
- Mind Over Matter: Rikuo.
- No Social Skills: Kazahaya.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Saiga cooks and sews.
- Situational Sexuality: The entire student body of the boarding school in the third volume. As Nayuki explains, they're horny teenage boys completely cut off from female contact, so who else are they going to turn to?
- Slap Slap Kiss: Kazahaya and Rikuo, naturally.
- Sleepyhead: Saiga spends half his scenes asleep on Kakei's sofa (and sometimes while resting his head in Kakei's lap.) Fans have speculated that it's because he can psychically search for things or people--like Tsukiko--in his sleep.
- Spider Sense: Kakei.
- Stepford Smiler: Nayuki, to the point where his soul manifests outside of his body to let his true feelings be known.
- Stoic Spectacles: Kakei.