Silver Seas is a
Crossover mashup Fanfic by Bulbagarden user Sarcastically Insane. It fuses the worlds of One Piece and Pokémon's Generation II era.
Silver, the main character, lives in New Bark with his two best friends, Gold and Crystal. During the summer of their 18th birthdays, Gold announces he's going to sign up for the Marines- and Silver isn't happy. He attempts to leave before a recruiter shows up, but is inadvertently stopped by Gold. A 'fight' breaks out between the two, and ends with Gold having a massive slash from hip to shoulder, Silver making a dash for the woods, and Crystal screaming for help.
It can be found here [dead link].
The story is currently on Chapter Five, leaving Cherrygrove, after Silver and Youngster Joey dispatched a group of rogue Marines.
- Aura Vision: Joey. He claims to see peoples' potential, current power, and likely lifespan. He says Silver's potential and lifespan are greater than his, though he also mentions he'll probably die soon.
- Badass Adorable: Joey and Ratatta.
- Blow You Away: Possibly. Silver says "Air, solidify" before starting his battle with the Marines, so it's possible his Devil Fruit controls air in some way.
- Bold Inflation: Silver's taunting the rogue Marines in Cherrygrove is written in all-caps with the biggest font possible.
- Curb Stomp Battle: The Gold vs. Silver fight in New Bark, and the Joey vs. Hammerhand fight in Cherrygrove both end with one combatant completely unharmed and the other extremely wounded.
- Death's Hourglass: Joey claims he can see how long people are likely to live. He gives himself a short time.
- Determinator: Silver runs for nearly nine hours straight after he leaves New Bark, before collapsing. Later, he drinks until he drops, and Joey points out that Silver's behavior is not a good thing, since he overdoes everything.
- Drop the Hammer: Captain Roy Hammerhand, the antagonist of the Cherrygrove arc, can turn his hands into hammers. However, when the hammers break, so do his hands.
- Gilligan Cut: "A true man drinks until he faints!" Cue Silver dropping on the spot.
- Hypocritical Humor: Silver drunkenly tells Joey that he can't let Joey drink because Joey's underage.
- In Vino Veritas: Silver seems to revert to his super-macho ten-year-old self while drunk. And adds tildes to the end of his lines~.
- Kick the Dog: Silver ends the first chapter by committing the cardinal sin of the One Piece world, attacking a friend. Then he gets to Cherrygrove, is explained to that it's a hellhole, and almost doesn't help.
- Le Parkour: Gold, Silver, and Crystal are doing it in the opening.
- Meaningful Name: Hammerhand. Guess what his Devil Fruit lets him do? Certainly not turn his hands into hammers.
- Memetic Mutation: Youngster Joey appears with his legendary Ratatta in the second chapter. In the third, they head off alone to fight a Marine captain. In the fourth, they Curb Stomp Battle him.
- Nakama: Gold, Silver, and Crystal declare themselves to be this early on. Silver cuts out. Later, in the Marines infoshort, Gold says that he'll find a new Nakama in the Marines.
- Parental Abandonment: Silver and Joey. Neither of their parents have been mentioned, but one ran away from home without a second thought except for his friends, and the other was living in a children's hostel.
- Schedule Slip: So far, the only chapter that's updated on time was the first chapter. The fifth chapter technically was on time, but Sarcastically Insane points out that he only wrote it after four days of sitting around out of school, doing nothing.
- Shout-Out: Silver stopping the bullets and making them drop like Neo in Chapter 4. Also, a drunken, red-haired captain giving a kid that wants to join his crew juice instead of ale in Chapter 5.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Silver. His plan is to declare war on the World Government. This, however, isn't it- he knows he's likely to lose. His plan to show the World Government that he means business, though? Attack one of the Seven Warlords of Johto.