Y: Ruler of Time
Y: Ruler of Time (Nikolas Freeman) is a manga reviewer for That Guy With The Glasses and LordKat Live. On TGWTG he a review show called Read Right to Left, with many explanatory notes about manga tropes and Japanese culture, and a newer show called Small Page, Big Screen where he looks at movie adaptations of manga. On LordKat Live he hosts the podcast Weekly Manga Recap with Rollo T and occasional guests. Also an avid fan of TV Tropes, which he references regularly. Can be found here, here, here and here.
- Artistic License Religion: He stated that Christianity was founded in Europe, while it was technically founded in the Middle East. This is understandable since it spread throughout Europe early on. He also stated earlier that he knew very little about Christianity outside of popular culture references.
- Badass Beard
- Berserk Button: It was pushed hard when he learned of Dragonball Evolution calling ki attacks airbending, and it took a punch from LordKat to knock him out of it.
Ruler: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS HYPER-CONDEMNED SHITCURB OF A MOVIE?!
- He also loves to bash Prince of Tennis and Naruto at every opportunity.
- His reaction to Rollo T calling Gantz a Shonen Series during Weekly Manga Recap is something to behold.
- And, of course, don't call Avatar: The Last Airbender an anime. Just don't.
- And now, Bleach and Tite Kubo. However it's because Bleach was the first manga series he read and was angry to see it going bad.
- Catch Phrase: "Until then, forget what they taught you in school and always read right to left."
- "And feminism marches on..."
- Curse Cut Short: His reaction to not being in the TGWTG Year One Brawl.
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Just look at the opening to RRTL!
- Flat What: His reaction to news of a Warner-developed live-action Bleach movie.
- Heel Realization
- When wondering how Prince of Tennis got almost 400 chapters in Jump, he suddenly realized it's because fo the Fanservice and the girl readers.
YRoT: *Facepalm* "This series is sustained by the fangirls..."
- Hot-Blooded: This is the man who almost broke his mike through shouting when Sasuke reappeared in Naruto.
- Heroic BSOD: The end of Prince of Tennis 3.
- Lost in Translation: Touches on this in his review of School Rumble.
- Misaimed Fandom: Addressed in-universe by Y Ruler of Time in "Reaction Shots" with various series:
- One of Us: Mentioned above, he mentions this site quite frequently.
- Schedule Slip: He averages one new video every couple of months or so.
- Straight Man: To Rollo T whenever they're in a podcast together.
- Unfortunate Implications: Y Ruler of Time points this out in the manga Alive when the supervirus they're dealing with came from Africa after a man ate a monkey and they call the virus Black.
- What Do You Mean Its Not Symbolic: Referenced in his Let's Bible! review. (The said manga itself is also an example.)