Everything About Fiction You Never Wanted to Know.
And you think modern life is stressful? Well just be thankful that you're not Eric Feeble, the perpetually struggling forty-something and unfortunate star of this short-lived British animated series.
- The Ace: Eric's next-door neighbors, the Perfect family.
- The Alcoholic: Maria.
- Always Someone Better: The Perfects.
- Beehive Hairdo: Mrs. Perfect.
- Blondes Are Evil: The Perfects.
- Butt Monkey: Eric. Oh dear god.
- Chick Magnet: Doc.
- Crapsack World: The whole world seems to be out to get Eric.
- Cross-Popping Veins: Eric gets them several times an episode. Sometimes they get so bad that they grab him by his throat!
- Deliberately Cute Child: Claire.
- The Ditz: Brian.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Claire again.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Doc.
- Express Lane Limit: One episode has three such lanes: "Less than ten items but more than four", "less than four items but more than one", and "one item or less" (which the Eric promptly uses to checkout one potato.)
- Failure Is the Only Option
- Funny Foreigner: Maria to an extent.
- Girlish Pigtails: Claire.
- Granola Girl: Liz.
- Hair of Gold: The Perfects.
- Ill Girl: Claire. She's allegic to virtually everything.
- Jerkass: Pretty much everyone who isn't a Feeble.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Maria to an extent.
- Meaningful Name: The Feebles and the Perfects.
- Paintball Episode
- Parody Sue: The Perfects.
- Sadist Show
- Same Language Dub: For US airings, Eric's lines were dubbed over by Hank Azaria, making Eric an American living in Britain.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Maria, on the one occasion she makes an effort.
- Suicide as Comedy: In "Pony" an entry in Claire's diary implied she was going to kill herself.
- They Killed Kenny: Eric dies of stress at the end of nearly every episode.
- The Voiceless: Brian.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: In the first opening when Eric finds Maria hungover.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: An incredibly dark example to boot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Maria.