Wave of Babies
"No more a rake and no more a bachelorOnly then did I reckon my curse!
I was wedded and it whetted my thirst
Until her womb started spilling out babies
—The Rake, "The Rake's Song" from The Decemberists' The Hazards of Love
An actual wave of literal babies. In massive amounts, unstoppable, they sweep over all. Possibly gurgling the whole time. It can be of any species, especially ones that reproduce at an alarming rate.
Comic Books[edit | hide | hide all]
- Monsieur Jean once dreams that he's the lord of a castle being bombarded with babies, to the point where all his soldiers are overwhelmed with them.
Literature[edit | hide]
- The Cyberiad: Trurl, a Constructor (one who can more or less build anything) is called to a planet by its king to resolve a Star-Crossed Lovers situation between the prince and princess of two rival countries. After his first attempt fails, Trurl's plan B is to create a network of huge cannons that flood the empire with artificial babies until they surrender. The two countries reconcile, the prince and princess marry, and Trurl goes home well-paid. The end.
Video Games[edit | hide]
- Dantes Inferno has waves of unbaptized babies.
- In Drakengard, in endings D and E, a wave of babies takes over the world.
- The third level of Um Jammer Lammy.
- In Dead Space 2, you'll occasionally face waves of exploding zombie babies.
- Demon's Souls had a swap filled with "Plague Babies."
- The Creepy Doll haunting in Silent Hill 4: The Room.
- In Donkey Kong Country Returns, the final level of world 5 has you chased by a wave of baby spiders.
- Teen Girl Squad is the Trope Namer. In one episode, after What's Her Face refuses to jump into a lion's mouth, a guy with a ukulele appears and sings "Wave 'O Babies!" as a wave of babies crashes into her. An Easter Egg reveals she survives, which is rather amazing considering Strong Bad's usual formula.
- Babies by Weebl
Web Comics[edit | hide]
- An episode of Chowder had this as the ending.
- The Invader Zim episode "Plague O' Babies" revolves around an alien platoon that looks like babies attacking Zim in an effort to take his ship. At the climax they merge their bodies into a walking, monstrous wave of babies.
- Metalocalypse: One of the members of Snakes N' Barrels thinks he is being attacked by a wave of evil, floating babies while high on Totally Awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake (a drug so potent that it will cause you to get so high that your brain will blow chunks into the Milky Way).
- In one episode Bump in the Night, the main character ends up literally swimming in an ocean of babies (well, baby dolls), even going to the extent of surfing on them.
- In one episode of Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, the Eds have opened a pet shop in Ed's garage to try and make some money for jawbreakers, as usual. Ed places two rabbits together, not knowing that one is a male and the other female. Baby rabbits cover the garage floor in mere seconds and, by the end of the episode, rabbits have quite literally flooded the cul-de-sac.
- The giant demonic entity that Mok summons up from hell in Rock and Rule briefly morphs into a mass of hideous baby-like creatures that fly towards the audience.
- Mickey's Nightmare
- The Simpsons has an episode which features a riot in the form of a wave of angry babies at a Roofi concert, who converge on police officers and are beaten off with batons. This is referred to in the episode as the Tot Offensive.