This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Several months after the first game all major factions of the underground system are preparing to fight over the mostly intact pre-war D6 bunker while Artyom is rushing to save a mysterious Prisoner who is said to hold the key to peace in the Metro.
The official website can be found here.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.
- Bad Future
- Before the Dark Times: Pre-War Earth.
- The Chosen One: Artyom, again.
- Flashback Echo: Numerous interviews imply those will happen much more often than in the first game. E3 2012 demo flashback throws Artyom and Pavel into a joint hallucination inside a crashing airplane.
- The Coconut Effect: Apparently western players won't understand the game takes place in Russia without people speaking with heavy accents and raspy voices.
- Crapsack World
- Cool Guns: Numerous deadly hand-made contraptions.
- Darker and Edgier
- Dirty Communists: One of the AI partners in the game, Pavel, is one. His outfit closely resembles a Soviet WW 2 uniform.
Pavel: Good communist does not believe in souls, but this place's dead make me wonder.
- Disaster Scavengers: Stalkers.
- Escort Mission: Only Khan and Pavel are known so far.
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Heavily armored soldiers with flamethrowers at the Theater station.
- First-Person Shooter
- Guide Dang It: Hopefully averted this time.
- Gun Porn: Even more than in the first game.
- Harder Than Hard: Hardcore mode is going to make a return.
- Heroic Mime: Artyom.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters
- Humans Are Special
- Improvised Weapon
- Interface Screw
- Jump Scare: A lot more than before.
- Kill It with Fire: E3 2012 demo shows new incendiary grenades and flamethrowers.
- Living Shadow
- Lost Technology: D6 bunker.
- More Dakka: Hopefully subverted again, but E3 2011 demo and it's minigun imply otherwise.
- Moscow Metro
- No Canon for the Wicked: Averted. Last Light uses the book ending as canon.
- Nightmare Sequence: Developers claim to have added a lot, since that aspect of the previous game turned out to be very popular.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Averted.
- Nothing Is Scarier
- No Swastikas: Neo-Nazi symbols are the same as before, a large C in a white circle on a red background.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Punch Clock Villain / Gray and Gray Morality: Red Line and Fourth Reich again.
- Quick Melee: Artyom's knife no longer occupies a separate weapon slot.
- Ragnarok Proofing: Averted.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: With the graphic overhaul Watchers look even nastier.
- Scavenger World
- Scenery Gorn
- Science Fantasy
- Sinister Subway
- Schmuck Bait: Suspiciously empty room with a few goodies in it during the E3 2012 Demo.
- Spiritual Successor: To Metro 2033.
- Stealth-Based Mission
- Survival Horror
- Ten-Second Flashlight: Same as in Metro 2033.
- Those Wacky Nazis
- Took a Level in Badass: By the start of the game Artyom has been a Ranger for several months.
- Universal Ammunition: Partially averted this time.
- The Undead
- Underground Monkey
- Urban Warfare
- Vader Breath
- You All Look Familiar: Supposedly averted this time around.