Magical Girl Noir Quest/Characters
The Ninth Officio is the organization that the protagonist, Chiaki Matsuda, belongs to. It is among the more powerful Officios.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: Kyuubey sometimes cracks jokes, which typically arn't funny. And even if his failure to make funny jokes fails to be funny for the audience (or Chiaki), his attempts at humor grant him some character depth. It's probably a blend of his madness and the fact he probably isn't entirely a human mentally speaking.
- The Ace: She excels at basically everything, be it paperwork, cooking, interrogation, or shooting. Even though she is a vindicare, she is pretty darn good at hand-to-hand combat (be it clubbing skulls or grappling, although in the later it's probably mostly just brute force) too! She is also charismatic and has many devoted to her both in and out of her officio. She held the position of Acting Warmaster for quite a while, but refused to be fully promoted to the echelon of Warmaster.
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: She is embarrassed by how big her boobs are.
- Determined Defeatist: Her stance on that she needed to assassinate the Warmaster of the First.
- The Alcoholic: when she was split up in a witch barrier into multiple people, one of them didn't even remember what water tasted like.
- Apocalypse Maiden: She's been told she'll end the world turns out she has a Super Powered Evil Side.
- Amnesiac Hero: Well, amnesiac protagonist at least.
- Boyish Short Hair: At first. It gets longer later on.
- The Butcher: Wendy said that a bunch of Officios were calling Murderface "The Butcher" behind her back.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Everyone else in the Ninth calls her Ol' Noodles behind her back. The Q&A said she was called this before she started calling herself Chiaki. Keep in mind this is the world's most notorious magical girl who infamously and with great ease single handedly killed 21 magical girls of an allied officio.
- Guttural Growler: As a side effect of smoking, her voice typically sounds like growling.
- Handicapped Badass: Her Time Stop isn't what it used to be. Mainly every time she does, she has to interact with a capricious Mad God. Also said goddess has influence over her time stop (such as forcefully bringing Chiaki in or out of it). It's also harder for Chiaki to turn on, as she has to physically grab her shield with her other hand and turn it. Some have noticed that she doesn't use her Time Stop as much as she has in the past, but those that do don't know why (and might have thought it was a simple change in goals or preference).
- Hates Being Touched
- Muscles Are Meaningless: The Q&A indicates this is (or was) the case with her, but only in regards to using guns. She was, when transformed at least (which she virtually always is), still pretty strong by human standards (she tore the handcuffs on NECO apart with little to no difficulty). Now that she's gotten stronger she might more muscles.
- Psychopathic Manchild: She might have been this before she started calling herself Chiaki. Probably a mix of B and C. Some characters (Kyoko, Malal, and probably Mami) considered her to be like a child they needed to take care of. Murderface never bathed herself, probably didn't cook her own food, possibly didn't feed herself (especially earlier on), and possibly didn't change her clothes. She liked to steal, kill, and do drugs (smoking and alcohol).
- Specs of Awesome
- Unreliable Narrator: She's not entirely right in the head and what she experiences isn't necessarily what happened, especially when under the influence of a Golden Weapon. This is something she's actually noticed. For example she killed some rapists. She knows she did. She remembers she did. She didn't remember laughing while she did it though. In fact her memory of it is clear enough she remembers she didn't. But she was certainly laughing in the recording she saw.
Vindicare rank leader.
- Manchurian Agent: "Green Hair is The Danger." Presumably when (and if) Midori hears a trigger word or phrase, she'll try to assassinate Chiaki (someone who Midori has on multiple occasions risked her life for).
- Obfuscating Stupidity: She seems to be more perceptive than she lets on. That said, it's possible she's dumb and she's pretending to be even dumber.
- Why Did It Have To Be Snakes: Actually doesn't come up a lot. Anyways she is afraid of falling. Being high up is fine. But that extra step of making a large fall deliberately (i.e. parachuting) is something she has a problem with.
- Adaptational Badass: A lot of characters are more badass than their source material, but Sayaka seems to have benefited from this more than most characters.
- The Chains of Commanding: Some characters don't like being in a high echelon. Sayaka wanted to be Rank Leader, got the job, and was disappointed with what it was. She still had her sight set on becoming War Master, but after becoming Equerry she grew content with that position, and then was not happy about being Chiaki's permanent replacement. She didn't seemed too bothered about keeping the seat warm while Kyubey figured out how to deal with Chiaki's wings though.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: She sometimes carries a sword around named Blueberry Cheesecake Brownie that has a modified gun as a sheath so she can Iaijutsu really fast. On at least one occasion, it's stated that it's difficult and dangerous to use the explosive Iaijutsu function. Another reason she uses Blueberry Cheesecake Brownie is so she doesn't corrupt her soul gem conjuring swords (yeah she could reverse the corruption with a grief seed, but it's not like those things are free).
- Healing Factor: Even by the standards of Eversors, Sayaka's ability to heal is remarkable.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Decu in Q&A said she used to be this and that Murderface was tasked with straightening her out.
A description of the character goes here.
- Berserk Button: Don’t talk shit about Murderface around Kharn. Chiaki slammed that button.
- The Butcher: Her epithet in the Blood God's Arena
- The Casanova: When she was Warmaster. She had a powerful preference for blondes at that time.
- Colonel Kilgore: Kharn wanted a war. She thought it would be fun. Also add some history to the city that would be inevitably devastated in the crossfire. She didn’t want one enough to ask her boss. That is until felt she had a good reason too at least. At which point she was chomping at the bit (to be fair, once she had a reason, the war was the means, not the ends).
- Giver of Lame Names: "Murderface" is a rather strange name, obviously. That said, it fits it's recipient as far as it's aesthetics allow. Girl-A unilaterally summarily executed 21 Eversors of an allied Officio.
- No Sense of Personal Space:
[you insinuate] yourself into the sphere of privacy that Malal had learned, long ago, to forget ever enjoying whenever you are around
- Overly Long Tongue: Kharn has a case of this. She considers it her biggest secret. Malal described Kharn’s tongue as something out of a fetish video.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: She wears glasses to look less scary.
- Retired Badass: Generally regarded as retired, and not in the normal euphemistic sense. Technically works at a secret research facility. Which is certainly different than going to battle and taking skulls like she used too.
This is a newbie Eversors squad that Chiaki met when they were reporting to her to receive disciplinary action.
- Crossover: Most, if not all of them, are probably from Heartcatch Pretty Cure
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: While strange hair color is hardly unheard of, Each person in Heartcatch squad having a different hair color (which of course includes colors like pink) has been mentioned on more than one occasion.
- Posthumous Character: With the exception of Yuma, the entire rank was wiped out during the most recent Walpurgisnacht.
- The Ace: She was an obscenely powerful Culexus. She was also very skilled. Yuma, a powerful and talented Culexus in her own right, was often compared unfavorably to Malal.
- Manipulative Bastard: She had a goal, and it may have seemed like she viewed Chiaki as somewhat of a partner, but Chiaki was more of a pawn. Pretty obvious in hindsight, but the extent of it is pretty shocking. She is the one that fucked with Murderface's head resulting in chronic retrograde amnesia.
- Improbable Weapon User: Malal presumably used a large variety of weapons. However, the weapon she normally carried around was a Crowbar.
- Dirty Kid: Possibly. While she doesn't openly do sexual things, in a flashback (about a year and a few months before most of the story) her room had a Dakimakura (Presumably of Miracle Midori, a character in a doujinshi that contains pornographic content, but the state of dress and such on the Dakimakura was unspecified) in it, and she read a doujinshi series that has pornographic content. She is also quite young (in PMMM canon she is 6-8 years old, however MGNQ characters tend to be older than their canon counterparts. When she was recruited, about a year and 11 months before most of the story "She is young, younger than [kyuubey's] typical prospect, at the impressionable age where a talking cat would be considered as more of a curiosity rather than a strange abberation of nature (or a horrifying hallucination). Certainly a bit easier to deal with than skeptical teenagers still on the cusp of puberty".
- Improbable Weapon User: Yuma tried to be Malal 2. As such, she used a crowbar as her primary weapon. That said, she is proficient with a spear (but she didn't generally carry one around).
A description of the character goes here.
- Third Person Person: Maybe Japanese being a 2nd language has something to do with it
A goddess that both loves and loathes Homura. She refuses to recognize Chiaki's identity as a distinct individual and instead insists that Chiaki is the girl she holds very intense yet conflicting feelings towards.
- Adorable Abomination: She was scary enough that after meeting her, all of Midori's nightmares featured her. However when Midori went into a Witch Barrier with her, Madoka was like a cute scared child. Admittedly a powerful one with a violent hair trigger temper that made Midori (rightly) feel like she had the Sword of Damocles dangling above her. Particularly adorable after Midori glamored her to make her aesthetically less Witchy (you know, normal eyes, fingers instead of claws).
- Mad God
- Mood Swinger: Midori had to go through an expedition in a witch barrier. For the duration of the time she spent with Faust there, keeping Faust happy was a constant challenge.
- To Serve Man: We've seen her eat soul gems. Also there was a time when she got on Chiaki's case for not joining her in on eating Ahriman.
- Go Mad From the Isolation: It's not entirely clear why she went crazy, not because there isn't any apparent reason, but because there is more than one possible reason. Being in a Silent Room on it's own causes discomfort. It's possible she didn't get much visitors. She mentioned Hearing Voices when the Anti-Magic was turned off, so it's possible Faust may have been exacerbating Sabrina's dilemma whenever she had the chance.
- Walking Wasteland: Even when she isn't transformed. In fact even being in her Officio's most powerful Silent Room merely dampens the effect and was slowly got destroyed by her presence while she was inside it (although it took over a year for it to degrade to the point it stopped working). The Ninth Officio eventually led it's support and supplied her a Power Limiter as means of improving relations between the Officios.