A Day Indoors
A Day Indoors is a Negima short story collection by Ambrant Arandel. It focuses on multiple slices of life for Negi & the girls (and Kotaro) and is pretty much a collection of moments funny and heartwarming (with a few serious scenes here and there). This troper is a horrid describer of things and can't do it justice, so please feel free to improve this description as you choose.
The stories are very well-written, with everyone mostly in character except where Rule of Funny demands otherwise. The story has
39 40 chapters so far; it was declared "complete" at 38, but the author recently added an extra, so the possibility of future installments is not totally ruled out.
- All Just a Dream (The common theme across some the stories is that the girls are fantasizing what Negi acts like or otherwise that makes Negi act OOC. The majority of romantic... complications... end with a twist.)
- Arch Enemy (Evangeline has one in Sebastian von Klaus in Chapter XIX)
- Big Damn Heroes (Asuna, Ku Fei, Kaede, & Yue busting in to save Makie from a horrible fate in Chapter XXXII)
- Author Insertion (At which point Asuna, Ayaka and Chisame take their revenge on him)
- Chick Magnet (Between all the different chapters, Negi has so far been paired with Nodoka, Yue, Sayo, Kaede, Asuna, Makie, Ako, Ayaka, Mei, Yuuna, Madoka, Ku Fei, and Mana)
- Kotaro gets in on the action too.
- Covert Pervert (A few chapters imply that Negi may be repressing some urges that would inevitably come from the presence of multiple teenage girls. Also, Fumika according to Chapter XVII)
- Crowning Moment of Awesome (What Anya did in Chapter XXII. Also doubles for a Crowning Moment of Funny.)
- Crowning Moment of Funny (Many; highlights include Negi & Sayo's conversation in Chapter IV, the reveal at the end of Chapter XII (Asuna: Negi's pimp), Negi's predicament in Chapter XVII, Chapter XVIII (in which the girls take revenge for the previous two Medium Awareness chapters), the end of Chapter XX, the reveal at the end of Chapter XXII Anya implanted false memories of Chisame seeing everyone's name on Negi's family tree, and pretty much all of Chapters XXIX, XXX, and XXXV)
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming (Chapter XXI, Chapter XXXI, Negi & Makie's conversation in Chapter XXXII)
- Cry Cute (Evangeline in Chapter XIX)
- Curb Stomp Battle (Chapter XXXVI sparring match between Negi and Ku Fei's brother. Poor Ku Lee never stood a chance)
- Eloquent in My Native Tongue (Ku Fei in Chapter XXXVI)
- Epic Fail (Satomi's attempts at cooking in Chapter XXXIII)
- For Halloween I Am Going as Myself (In Ch. XXX, Kotaro rises to the challenge of playing the Big Bad Wolf in Little Red Riding Hood by secretly transforming into his Wolf Man form)
- Freaky Friday Flip/Grand Theft Me: In Chapter X, Chamo and Chachazero drug Negi and Eva and take their bodies into the resort in order to have wild sex, as their anatomies are incompatible. Negi and Eva are not amused, although Chachamaru probably takes it the hardest.
- He Is All Grown Up (Chapter V, thanks to the Age-Changing Pills, and boy does Kuu Fei notice!)
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Chapter IX, when Asuna says to Negi, "I'm not your cousin." Although to be fair, Ambrant Arandel mentioned his suspicions on the matter, later confirmed.
- Hot for Teacher: Takahata and Mana end up in bed together in Chapter XIII. Mana is the one who initiates it.
- Humiliation Conga (Von-Klaus likes putting Evangeline through these)
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On (Kotaro accidentally gets Chizuru, Natsumi, and Ayaka all hot & bothered in Chapter XXX)
- Innocent Innuendo (In Chapter XXX, Kotaro makes more than his share of these, and is completely oblivious as to why Natsumi swooned in his arms or why Ayaka had a Nosebleed from what he said to her. Also, a lot in Chapter XXXV)
- Intimate Healing (of the Nude Body Warmth Sharing variety, in Chapter III, when Konoka & Setsuna have to warm up a hypothermic Negi)
- Medium Awareness (Chapters VI, XVI, & XVIII)
- Medium Confusion (Chapter XL, at the start of the flashback.)
- Mind Probe (What Sebastian von Klaus does to Evangeline in Chapter XIX)
- Mind Rape (How Evangeline classifies what Klaus does to her)
- Moral Event Horizon (The unseen character in Ch. XIX who, through a botched curse, condemns an infant girl to death. It's stated that Takahata is hunting him down with full intent to kill)
- Mood Whiplash The hilarous No Fourth Wall Chapter XVIII is followed by the dark and Tear Jerker Chapter XIX
- Not What It Looks Like (The cause of most of the happenings in Chapter XXXV, along with That Came Out Wrong)
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations (Chapter XXV)
- Papa Wolf: Chapter XL. That is all.
- Raging Stiffie (Poor Negi in Ch. XVII, while trapped in the showers with the Cheerleader Trio and disguised as a girl and wearing nothing but a wig and a towel, trying desperately to avoid blowing his cover. Before you ask, it wasn't his idea to be in there.)
- The Reveal (Several, averaging at least once every two chapters. Typically done in All Just a Dream fashion.)
- Shotacon (In addition to her canon interest in Negi, Chapter XXX shows that Ayaka isn't immune to Kotaro's accidental charm, either)
- The girls tend to be a lot more affectionate in these stories.
- Slice of Life (The fic format, though a few chapters link together)
- Tenchi Solution (Alluded to in Chapter XXII)
- The Talk (Negi has to teach a sex-ed lesson in Chapter IV)
- Wholesome Crossdresser (Negi, against his will, in Chapter XVII)
- Worth It
A/N: ...getting beaten to a bloody pulp by my wife was worth it to get glomped by some of the girls from 3A.