"A thousand Heads fall to be united again.
—An ancient Rathyan prophecy, date unknown
Based off of a tale five years in the making, and not yet known, Chronicles of Rathya: The Dark Ages is a Fantasy RP that takes place after over five hundred years of civil war and strife. The countries of Xephamor and Sophya are suffering from a great depression, along with their allies, and the country that is profiting off of their debt is none other than Mek, the empire in the sky. It's capital city, Meka, is the picture of technological revolution, a place where the hope for tomorrow flows free and everyone has equal oppurtunities...
Or do they?
Magic is slowly dying out, and the rise of technology and robotics are at hand. But what if this new revolution turns out to be harmful in the end?
You can read the entire thread here.
- Big Badass Bird of Prey: The Rapture; A giant purple feathered half vulture/half lizard monster with one eye and a sideways beak.
- Crapsack World: It is generally a good idea to not trust every single stranger you run into in Rathya.
- Everyone Is a Super: Those who don't actually have any powers are listed as a minority.
- It still doesn't stop people from denouncing magic.
- Fantastic Racism: Against the Orr-kin race, usually coming from Sulists and the rich of western countries. Recently the racism has died down a bit due to the end of the war, but it's still prominent in more modernized areas.
- Racism seems to be on the rise against a new race, a mix between Man-kin and Orr-kin who is yet to gather a name for themselves.
- Floating Continent: The giant flying machine city of Meka is the epitome of this. However it is but one of many airborne cities that constitute the Mekian Empire.
- Forever War: The war between Xephamor and Sophya was nearly one of these, lasting nearly 500 years. In the end neither ended up winning, with both sides falling into a deep depression in the aftermath. With younger countries rushing to fill the power vacuum left by the fallen powers, all out war might be on the horizon yet again.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: A fair few characters take part in remolding common phrases to the world of Rathya.
- La Résistance: The Sulumbry, a group full of Xephamorians and Sophyans who have banded together for the first time in Rathyan history to combat the growing Mekian Empire
- One-Man Industrial Revolution: Naveen Tinker, Rathya's most well known and most prolific Technopaths. The man was a brilliant inventor, and drew hundreds of fellow Technopaths and engineers to himself to help create what would be come the city of Meka, the capital of the empire in the sky.
- Roma: There is an entire ethnic group of people who are actually known as Gypsies.
- Sand Worm: The Annerun, a species of sand worms who hail from the deserts of Sophya and possibly Orrlee as well. Anneruns are known for their fierceness, and locals make a sport out of riding their backs. It is said that the highest honor a man could have would be to ride upon Kgosi's (the king of the Anneruns, said to be an incarnation of the sand god) for an entire day without stopping.
- Slowly, the Annerun are becoming an Endangered Species.
- Sky Pirate: Not even the sky around Meka are safe from these nasty pieces of work. The dread captain Admon and his crew attacked the Sohana on it's way to Meka with the intent to take everything of value, including the captain. Luckily the passengers were able to repel the borders back to their own ship and then proceed to take it from them when their own ship was set ablaze.
- Sure Why Not: The Mekian Empire's nickname among it's detractors, "The Machine", was coined by one of the the game's players. The GM liked it so much they may even begin using it in the main story.
- The Empire: The Mekian Empire
- Sophya used to be this before all it's power got stolen from it during the war.
- Zeppelins from Another World: The world of Rathya features these as the prominent means of air travel.
Tropes to do with a specific character can be found here.
Aerthil“The Hawk” Killegan
- Chaotic Good
- Cool Pet: His two hawks.
- Combat Pragmatist: Killegan isn't very honorable when it comes to fighting, he'll gladly steal another opponent's gun or sword and use it against him or a buddy if the odds are stacked against him.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dual-Wielding: When the situation calls for it, he will happily use both his knife and sword at the same time as they have different lengths they keep his foes occupied and constantly on their toes.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Killegan has a built in pistol inside his right gauntlet.
- Parrot Pet Position: Some of the hawks favorite perches is either on his forearms or his shoulders. Much to Killegan's annoyance at times
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It!: Alimbur used to sell newspapers in Faelee's capital when she was young. Extra editions were common when late breaking war reports hit.
- Going for the Big Scoop: Alimbur is always on the look out for the next big story or perfect shot with her camera, even to the detriment of her own personal safety.
Alimbur: "It's a delicate line to walk when doing your job and saving your skin are the only two options."
- Intrepid Reporter
- Jerkass Gods: Mortonillt or more simply 'Mort' is the Gypsy god of ill fortune and bad luck. Alimbur blames him for just about everything. Almost borders on Catch Phrase territory.
Ailmbur: "Mort be Dammed!"
- Mind Over Matter: Alimbur's only supernatural ability is that of telekinesis. Serves mostly as a Mundane Utility, but Alimbur won't hesitate to use it defend herself if necessary.
- Patriotic Fervor: One of Alimbur's main reasons for ever deciding to come to Meka and expose its closely guarded secrets and schemes. She doesn't want to see her homeland of Faelee fall once more into the chaos of war or lose its independence to the ever more powerful and belligerent Mekian Empire.
- Strawman News Media: Alimbur sees the the papers of Meka as this although she isn't quite sure what type just yet only having just arrived. She suspects something between Type 2 and Type 4 however.
- War Is Hell: A belief firmly held by Alimbur after witnessing the massacre at the Ruins Of Arn. Therein a group of archaeologists and their military guard were nearly wiped out to a man by Xephamorian special forces. Alimbur was one of the few survivors of the incident.
Hester Claerwen Willow
- Art Attacker
- Art Initiates Life
- Heroic Albino
- Messy Hair
- Portal Picture
- Strange Girl
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: Leon is an extremely wealthy entrepreneur and business man who owns several factories in Meka. In his spare time Leon likes to go one on one with polar bears, just to calm his nerves.
- Gentleman Adventurer
- Instant Expert: With Leon's psychometry, he can master any weapon and pilot any vehicle, by sheer touch. He just prefers to dual wield six shooters and daggers.
- Meaningful Name: Leon's last name, Borren, if rearranged is "Reborn". And like his namesake, he plans to regenerate Mek into something new, something greater.
- Obfuscating Insanity: Takes this and goes quite far with it. As in, Leon likes to pretend he's crazy in two different ways, firstly,as a Cloudcuckoolander, acting all silly, making jokes, and dress in unusual clothing, and when in combat, Ax Crazy, as he once made a threat to eat a man's still beating heart
- Well he does have a lust of blood, but always keeps himself control for the most part.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money: He doesn't have the typical attitude for it, however, if he needs to show off his wealth to break a few/ a lot of rules, then he will do so with no hesitation.
- In an economical slump, Leon literary burn his own cash so a mysterious thief with melting powers would reveal himself to him. The only reason, Leon did this was because he earn back what he burnt in a less than an hour, and secondly, he knew the thief would reveal himself to stop Leon from burning more of his cash.
- Superhero Packing Heat: Leon has the psychic powers of Psychometry and Dowsing, but on his person is always his two six shooters.
- Take Over the World: More likely Mek,however, as much as he wants the city, he doesn't want it strictly for himself. His true desire as soon as he heard of Mek, was to establish a government, where the people of different nations had control instead of a single person. An end to the era of royals and a start of a new world order, where the average joe actually had a say.
- The Gunslinger: Leon combines elements of A) the trick shot and B) the quick draw.
- The Mad Hatter: Leon knows he's crazy and enjoys it, whether he acts like a loon or a madman,out for blood.He comes from a humble background, an orphan with nothing, who dreamed of doing what the hell he wants and handle quality items and food for a living.