Axis Powers Hetalia/Fanfic Recs/General
The fanfic recommendations page for Axis Powers Hetalia grew so long that we had to split it into subpages. This subpage is for general fics focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast, or pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance, crossover, or dark subjects.
You can add to the current recommendations if you want; please do remember that you need to use the template found here and sign your rec for it to stay on the page. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by NinjaMarshwiggle
- Character(s):England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, America, Republic of Ireland mainly- a few others make brief cameos.
- Synopsis:'The life and times of the four constituent countries living in the small, rainswept and awesome house known as United Kingdom.'A selection of one-shots based around the UK and their general craziness.
What a Brother! What a Bother! by Kopanda
- Recommended by Cutekittenlady
- Character(s): England, America, France, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and North Ireland. Other countries make cameos such as Germany and Russia.
- Synopsis: A collection of stories ranging from chapters to one shots depicting Englands relationship with Scotland as well as his other brothers and France. Stories range from humorous to angsty to some occasional fluff. Rated for Scotland and England's potty mouths, fighting, kissing, and France being France. No pairings, though is at times heavily implied.
- Recommended by New Senior Genius
- Character(s): Dutch East Indies (Indonesia OC) pairing with Netherlands, India with Pakistan/Mughal under the British Empire/England. Other OCs include Ghana, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Phillipines, Timor Leste, Iran, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Luxemborough. Other Characters such as Italy (Both of them when young), Turkey, Spain and Belgium.
- Synopsis: "Historical Hetalia Doujin of Netherlands Indies & British Raj during 1870-1949 by Dinosaurusgede. Maaf means 'forgive/apologize' in Indonesia & India. Rating : T. Genre : hurt/comfort, comedy" As Posted in the Author's Site.
Room 101 by Razzaroo
- Recommended by TheWizardAbs
- Character(s): The Nordics, mainly Iceland and Norway so far. Mentions of Sealand as well.
- Synopsis: Human AU. "Ari had always been told that it was easy to get through a scary situation, if one knew how. He didn't know if you could believe everything you hear..."
- Tags: It has got mentions of rape in it; might be a bit triggery.
- Recommended by Gawkish Girl
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Germany, and pretty much every combination of those four. Other appearances by Austria, Prussia, Hungary, America, Estonia, Latvia.
- Synopsis: Exactly What They Say On The Tin.
- Tags: The second fic is locked, only members of the Hetalia LJ community can read it.
- Recommended by JuiceBoxHero
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Denmark/Norway, hints of Sweden/Finland, but romance is not the main focus here. Throw and Iceland and a Sealand into the mix, and it's mainly about the familial relationship between all the Nordic countries (plus Sealand).
- Synopsis: When Denmark doesn't show up for a meeting, the other Nordics check up on him. It turns out, he's been ensnared by the Black Mercy, a plant that kills its victims while showing them a dream of their heart's desire. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Tags: Disturbing imagery
- Recommended by Marionetta
- Character(s): America, Japan, Greece, China, Germany, England
- Synopsis: Part one—A torchlighting, a coup, a tarmac, a coffeeshop, and communism. Part two—Emulation, hypocrisy, progress, hope, and the lawn outside the Pentagon.
Choking by madelineusher
- Recommended by Sparrow
- Character(s): Prussia, Germany, Russia
- Synopsis: Prussia thoughts and feelings as East Germany, with particular focus on his relationships with (West) Germany and Russia.
Wir leben noch in Geisterhäuser by Anonymous
- Recommended by Solandra
- Character(s): Prussia, Germany, Italy, Human OC, brief appearances by Poland, Lithuania, and Austria
- Pairing(s): Prussia/Female OC who looks/acts a lot like Hungary
- Synopsis: Prussia gradually loses his memories as he ceases to be a nation.
Tale of Two Koreas by lo_wah
- Recommended by Orihime
- Character(s): OC North Korea, South Korea, China, America
- Synopsis: What could have happened between the two Koreas...
- Tags: OC North Korea, friendslocked for violence
Life On The Dream Factory's Floor by Anonymous
- Recommended by Chewybakaa
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Slight America/Marilyn Monroe, but it's more romantic friendship.
- Synopsis: Quite the Tear Jerker, this fic follows America in the 1950s and his connection with the stars of the day, particularly his friendship with Marilyn Monroe. He especially notes of her inner turmoil and her desperate need to be loved, a feeling he is all too familiar with. The story ends with America at Marilyn's grave, reflecting on the tragedy that was her life, and their similarities.
Kingdom Of Heaven by Adesso
- Reccomended by Stilli
- Synposis: 1943-1945: Italy is a battleground. After Mussolini is deposed and the new Italian leadership signs an armistice with the Allied Powers, German forces seize control of most of the country.
- Character(s): Romano and Italy, appearances by America, England, and Germany
- Tags: Violence and language
Turkey and the Family Gathering of Agonizing Doom by Anonymous
- Recommended by Solandra
- Character(s): Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt, a whole lot of OC Middle Eastern nations
- Pairing(s): Implied Turkey/Greece, Bahrain/Qatar, and Egypt/Israel, but shipping isn't the main point of this fic.
- Synopsis: The Middle East nations have a family picnic. Hilarity Ensues.
Outshining Every Star by ode_to_a
- Recommended by Marionetta
- Character(s): England, young!America
- Synopsis: England now has America, the question is what will he do with the child.
Avalon by GeminiStar01
- Recommended by Liangnui
- Character(s): England, America, Canada
- Pairing(s): America/Canada if you look at it sideways, I guess. Otherwise, mostly platonic.
- Synopsis: "The old world is dying, Alfred. Arthur is just the first." People, animals, governments and nations all pass away, but life and love will always find away to continue on...
- Tags: Character death
Ta Ethika by meltedpeep
- Recommended by Disablaze
- Character(s): Greece, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Egypt, Turkey
- Synopsis: Occupied by the Axis powers, Greece desperately hangs on to his pride despite his own helplessness to escape starvation. As he grows more and more weak, however, he receives a surprise visit from an old enemy.
The Daughter of Turul by Shezners
- Recommended by Parable
- Character(s): Hungary, Germany, Russia
- Synopsis: All at once, the memories of the Great War rushed back to her, the loss of her pride, her land, her Austria. Once again, she was side by side with Germany, whether she wanted to be or not. And this was another war she could not afford to lose.
Folie a Plusiersby CaCoPhOnY Of ScReAmS
- Recommended by chibiaries
- Character(s): America, Canada, Italy, Romano, Greece, China
- Synopsis: Patient zero, retrieved from Washington DC, America. Alfred was admitted by his college roommate at 13:08 on June 16. Diagnosis: Delusional.
Cold Wars by peroxidepest17
- Recommended by Mel
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Elements of hate-based Russia/America, but mostly gen.
- Synopsis : America and Russia fight and make up.
- Recommended by Little Serge
- Character(s): Prussia, England, Italy, misc. others
- Synopsis: A play on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", starring Prussia!
- Recommended by Solandra, chibiaries
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Germany/Italy, Spain/Romano, and America/England so far.
- Synopsis: The events of World War II, as told through the eyes of the nations involved.
1940: Lithuania by Servant of Anubis
- Recommended by Unseen, seconded by TangeloTime
- Character(s): Lithuania, Russia
- Synopsis: The Hetalia version of what happened to Lithuania as a result of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.
Beta Fish by Chibi-Ra-Chan
- Recommended by Mipp
- Character(s): Japan, China, Korea
- Pairing(s): China/Korea
- Synopsis: Korea's exuberant personality and passionate, if obsessive, devotion to China masks inner demons.
Zugunruhe by talkjive
- Recommended by Mipp, Ardis
- Character(s): Prussia, America, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, England, Canada, Japan
- Synopsis: Prussia responds to Russia's demand that he "become one" with him in the most public way possible.
Disgusting History Lessons by meltedpeep
- Recommended by Khitty Hawk
- Character(s): Most of the main cast make at least one appearance
- Synopsis: a series of history lessons illustrated by the Hetalia cast.
- Recommended by DianaCruz
- Character(s): England, America, Canada
- Synopsis: An alternate history starting with the usual "What if America lost the Revolutionary War?" question and taking it in a very Hetalia-esque direction.
- Tags: Alternate history, Tear Jerker, etc.
- Recommended by The Violent Tomboy
- Character(s): America, England, Canada, various historical figures
- Sypnosis: Based on the musical 1776, originally for the Kink Meme. Alfred Jones observes and interacts with his founding fathers in the weeks leading up to the inevitable drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
The Great Elevator Massacre of 2010 by kay_cricketed
- Recommended by Ardis
- Character(s): America, England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, Canada, brief appearances by several others
- Pairing(s): In as much as there are any, mentions of Finland/Sweden, crack America/England, Russia/America, and possibly Germany/wall
- Synopsis: Originally written for the Kink Meme. The world's superpowers get stuck in an elevator.
The Death Of Rome by Hazel-Beka
- Recommended by Rain Krystal
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Rome/Germania
- Synopsis: A look into what makes a Nation tick, the pairing is not the maina focus. It's well done and a good theory, giving a good impression of Rome and his life in a neat little package.
- Recommended by darker_dreamer
- Character(s): England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, Russia, America, and everyone else you can think of.
- Synopsis: Essentially, Scotland leaves the UK, which gives Northern Ireland an excuse to up and out as well, which leaves England and Wales all alone. This somehow leads to World War Three.
From the Ashes by Streamingwords
- Recommended by Moon_Shadow5973
- Now with it's own trope page.
- Character(s): Mainly England, America, and Canada, though more join in later chapters. (Both nation and human names used!) As the story progresses, she's easing ever so slowly into a very nice US/UK relationship.
- Synopsis: "The entire world of nations falls under the shadow of destruction. How will they manage to repair what seems to be utterly destroyed?" Nuclear war breaks out and ends in a matter of weeks, and the remaining nations are left to pick up the pieces.
- Recommended by Ketsu
- Characters: Pretty much everyone, but it mostly focuses on Germany, Austria, Prussia, and Italy.
- Synopsis: Germany loses his memory again, and when he awakes the world has changed. Australia is speaking Mandarin, as is Japan, most of the EU is gone, America is a shut-in and gun-totting freak, and it's all down hill from here. Meanwhile, Germany (and the reader) slowly figures out the reasons for these things...
- Recommended by Silverpaw
- Character(s): Many characters and many pairings, both outright and implied.
- Synopsis: From the kink meme. Famous artist N. Italy saves his money as gold bars; America, Hungary, Iceland, Estonia and France decide to steal it all. After they do, one of them betrays the group and in the resulting chaos, Mafioso big brother S. Italy steps in to steal back what belongs to his stupid little brother.
- Tags: Blood, swearing, slash, and heavily implied sexy times.
- Recommended by chibiaries
- Character(s): Most of the main cast.
- Pairing(s): some implied USUK
- Synopsis: The nations face off in a car race.
- Recommended by CheapSugar
- Character(s): Iceland, most of the main cast
- Synopsis: Iceland goes to the World Meeting after his valcano causes havoc through most of Europe, but doesn't expect what ensues.
We Will Ourselves Rise by peculuiarities
- Recommended by mollypop
- Character(s): OC!Philippines, appearance of America, Spain, mentions of France and Germany. Also there are the Ancient Philippine Kingdoms OC's
- Synopsis: Philippines, his story and his superstitious beliefs
- Tags: Organ trafficking, some disturbing imagery
Copenhagen (extended) by surelyyoujest
- Recommended by Spirit Of Sahara
- Character(s): Mainly Denmark and Germany, plus mentions of other Nordic countries.
- Synopsis: Opera, quantum mechanics and politics, all filtered through the mind of a severely irritated Dane - or as summed up by the author:
"1941. Germany and some of his friends turn up on Denmark's lawn one day and Denmark is Not Amused."
Cast A Dark Shadow by Anonymous
- Recommended by Zephyr7
- Character(s): Canada, General Winter, with brief appearances from France and England.
- Summary: You can't fight winter.
Margins by Anonymous
- Recommended by ArchangelUnmei
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Pretty much everyone. Includes LietPol and some slight FrUK, and hints of plenty of others.
- Summary: An AU fic where the Nations, instead of being able to wander the world, are physically bound to their land. They can only meet other Nations at their borders, and not a step beyond.
Little Bird by Anonymous
- Recommended by msq
- Character(s): Norway, Denmark, Iceland, OC!Humans, and the other Nordics.
- Pairing(s): hints of Norway/Denmark
- Synopsis: Sometime after World War 2, Norway falls in love with (and marries) a young conventional woman who happens to be one of his citizens. As time passes, everyone is affected. Even if he knows all to well what happens to humans eventually...
Jeanne by Anonymous
- Recommended by Solandra
- Character(s): France, Jeanne d'Arc
- Synopsis: Every May the 30th, France remembers how Jeanne died and how he did nothing.
- Recommended by 1angelette
- Character(s): America and Japan
- Synopsis: For the kink meme. The prompt was simply Hiroshima and Nagasaki, preferably without rape.
- Recommended by Issyleggat
- Character(s): Focused on Prussia (Gilbert) mainly with Germany (Ludwig), Hungary (Elizaveta), France (Francis), Spain (Antonio) and probably Russia (Ivan) would count too. Involves other canon characters but not with them in main focus.
- Synopsis: Sequel to Táncol?. A highschool and later hospital and majorly Prussia/Germany's house AU (with implied historical events shown in a different form) of Prussia (Gilbert) as he starts to get sick and slowly fade away (the end of Prussia) as Germany (Ludwig), Hungary (Elizaveta), France (Francis)and Spain (Antonio) are unable to do anything.
- Recommended by Catelyn
- Character(s): Romano-centeric, other characters: N. Italy, Roman Empire, Spain, Belgium, Belarus, Germany, Prussia and more.
- Synopsis: Human AU set in 18th century Italy. Lovino is an orphan, the less loved and less to fortuned out of the two twins, who gets a surprising opportunity for a much better life in the form of an arranged marrige. He decided to take it. Unfortunately, good doesn't last long in Lovino's life.
- Recommended by Mariko-chan
- Character(s): Nearly every character from canon shows up at one point, with a few OCs in the background.
- Synopsis: AU. Mistaken for another, this town has Matthew staying with a Englishman he does not know, confessing feelings to a man, and escaping the law he has not broken. Alfred's just mad Arthur has locked him out of the house.
- Much Ado About Everything: Sequel, Comedy of Errors. Antonio and Lovino's wedding would be hard enough without Feliks getting bored, Alfred, Ivan and Vash's separate attempts at matchmaking, and Ludwig ruining it all. 'Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps...'
- All's Fine That Ends Okay: Sequel, Much Ado. When Alfred and Matthew's birth parents come to Hearth, two people are concerned. What will Arthur and Francis do to be 'better' parents? Well, neither think better parents should appear to be estranged... Oh no. Also, ghosts.
Appearances Are Deceiving by lansmn18
- Recommended by SteamGoth
- Character(s): Prussia, Germany, historical figures
- Synopsis: Prussia’s odd appearance has led to discrimination all his life, from being mistrusted as a Teutonic Knight to doubted as the Prussian personification after the Nazi party rises to power. The story itself is set in the modern day, after a crew of Neo-Nazis attempt to recruit Germany, mentioning that the boy who was with him (Prussia) is “inferior,” and, despite Germany’s claims, certainly not of Prussian blood. So, striving to uphold personal pride and that of his now-defunct country, Prussia goes undercover in the Neo-Nazis’ training camp.
L'Incorruptible by LifeInABox66
- Recommended by OracleSeven
- Character(s): France, England, America
- Synopsis: In the immediate aftermath of the 2010 UK general election, France takes the opportunity to educate England and America on the nature of the 1789 French Revolution and, inevitably, on the nature of its most notorious figure: Robespierre.
God Only Threw the Humans Out of Paradise by AppleCiderVinegar
- Recommended by DarkGreenOtaku
- Character(s): England, America
- Pairing(s): Hints of Us/Uk
- Synopsis: This fanfic follows the life of an nation's dog, from the dog's point of view. The Dog (later called Al by Arthur) may not understand a lot of things about the stuff his master does but he loves him just the same.
- Recommended by OracleSeven
- Character(s): France, Joan of Arc, Muddy Ditch
- Synopsis: France meets Joan for the first time.
Brothers Under The Sun by Audinale55
- Recommended by KittyKat1001001
- Character(s): Mainly England, America, and four (human) Original Characters, with talk of USUK (though it's most certainly not a shipping fic).
- Synopsis: This fanfic starts out with four World War Two vets visiting Washington, D.C. in the present day, searching for records of what happened to the last man in their group, who happens to be a certain Alfred F. Jones. Things get much stranger for them from there...
My Heart, In Segments by Chalupakabra
- Recomended by MetanteiTriforce
- Charecter(s): Human!Sweden, Finland and Sealand (Aka Berwald, Tino and Peter)
- Synopsis: Berwald is a man left alone, and Peter was a kid left behind. Berwald's not really the perfect dad, Peter's not really innocent anymore, and Tino's not really sure he's ready for something so real. But, maybe... Maybe it's time.
Gutters by glassamilk
- Recommended by Kain
- Character(s): Mostly Sealand and Denmark, with the other Nordics plus Netherlands, America, Canada, Poland, and Russia; mentions of other nations.
- Pairing(s): Background Norway/Denmark and Sweden/Finland
- Synopsis: 'The Calamity' has left the world stripped and dying. Alone in a civilian bunker in Munich, Sealand will be reunited with the last known living member of his surrogate family and together, they will set out across Europe to find those they have lost.
- Recomended by bradpara
- Charecter(s): Austria mostly, though Hungary also plays a very important role. Russian, Switzerland, and the Western Allies also make breif appearences.
- Synopsis: It is 1956 and Hungary has decided to try and free herself from Russia's control; it does not end well. As a result thousands of her people being to pour into Austria's land to flee Russia's wrath and Austria must struggle to keep his promise to Hungary to take care of her people.
- Recommended by Rita689
- Character(s): England, his brothers (OC), Canada, America, Japan, China, Hong Kong, France, Spain, Romano, many others.
- Pairing(s): Is supposed to end up US/UK
- Synopsis: (Author's summary) England has always been difficult to understand. To others and to himself, England has always hid behind his mask. But what happens when that mask is suddenly taken away? England must find himself again.
- Recommended by eliska
- Characters: Netherlands, Denmark, some Norway at the end and Iceland.
- Synopsis: (Author's summary) In which blood is thicker than water, but even that might not be enough, and Netherlands is a (mostly) neutral spectator helping bros with trouble with other bros.
- Recommended by Tailypo
- Character(s): Lithuania and America, mostly, but England shows up every few chapters. France and Canada have also made appearances.
- Synopsis: Lithuania's out-sourcing begins in the glamorous and exciting world of 1920 America.
- Recommended by Moaku
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Implied USUK, oc!nation, also England is sort of dead (should mention that heh.)
- Synopsis: America narrates the life of England to the young country in his charge, and struggles with some strong memories regarding it.
What Your Country Can Do For You by niirasri
- Recommended by Karalora
- Character(s): Japan, England, Germany, Italy, France, China, Canada, America, Austria, Romano, Switzerland
- Synopsis: A series of one-shots exploring the interaction between the countries and their beloved people. Sometimes, one person needs just as much help as the whole.
Bodyswap by Shiva491
- Recommended by Mirkada4
- Character(s): America and England
- Synopsis: England and America bodyswap in the middle of the night. Neither knows why. Then they wake up, and things go downhill from there. Not focused on shipping. Rated T for England's language and limited violence. Comedy, but mostly not crack.
- Recommended by msq
- Character(s): Poland, Hungary, various OC humans
- Synopsis: Twenty Minutes Into the Future, Polish students Mirosław and Grażyna suddenly find themselves becoming neighbors with Poland himself. They always saw themselves as pious, faithful patriots. But when the Russians cut off the gas lines and as the country slides into chaos, the two find themselves more inclined to finding a "replacement" for their seemingly useless Nation.
- Recommended by Rita689
- Character(s): America, England, Canada, France, appearances by the rest of the main cast
- Synopsis: The president-elect smiled. "I have to say Mr. President, you're making me a little nervous." Every nation has his or her own way of welcoming in a new boss. Some nations just happen to be a lot nicer about it than others.
The Whale's Backbone by Anonymous
- Recommended by emmaliza
- Character(s): Sealand main
- Synopsis: "There has to be room for him in such a big world. There has to. There has to. There has to."
Blindsided by Anonymous
- Recommended by ZeldaQueen
- Character(s): America, England, Canada, France
- Synopsis: "AU. England doesn't shoot at the critical moment. But one of his men starts up the battle again, and ends up blinding America. The Revolution succeeds, but that's the last time England ever sees America in person. Over the years, Canada doesn't comment."
- Recommended by: ZeldaQueen
- Character(s): America, England, Russia, Japan, Greece, Germany
- Synopsis: A large number of the characters are kidnapped and locked in an insane asylum, where the doctors attempt to "cure" them of their delusions of being the personifications of the nations.
THERE ARE FIFTY OF THEM by Royal Puppet Master
- Recommended by CJ Croen 1393
- Character(s): England, America and fifty baby states.
- Pairing(s): USxUK
- Synopsis: It was around midnight when it had happened. By it England meant some lunatic banging on his door. You know, America. "My states gained personification. T-T"
The Disappearance Of Gilbird Beilschmidt by Jenny Max
- Recommended by: SteamGoth
- Character(s): Prussia, Germany, Hungary, France, Spain, minor appearances by other characters
- Pairing(s): some Hungary/Prussia, some Spain/Prussia if you want to see it that way
- Synopsis: The night before a conference, Prussia’s beloved bird - referred to as “Junior” - is pet-napped and replaced with a yellow Peep. The story not only follows the hunt for Gilbird, but also shifts between the (hilarious) breakdown of a meeting and Prussia’s pent-up angst over no longer being a nation.
Untitled by Anonymous
- Recommended by chelonianmobile
- Character(s): Japan and China
- Synopsis: "After WWII Japan feels extremely guilty for all the pain he caused China in the past. China doesn't want him to feel guilty because he cares about Kiku as a person, even if the nation of Japan betrayed him."
Savage by Orpah
- Recommended by BabyPink
- Character(s): Australia, Canada and England, with appearances by America, France, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Synopsis: "A young Australia is brought to live with England for the first time. Will England's biased and harsh treatment of him be too much? And what of Canada?"
Alleluia by I Am Sweden
- Recommended by: katherineladmoore
- Character(s): Pretty much everybody, plus some OC's, but mainly England, Spain, America, Romano, France, and Canada.
- Pairing(s): Not many, usually as background. Mainly England/OC, Spain/OC, France/Jeanne, and America/Belarus later on, with a love triangle with Belgium/Romano/Liechtenstein.
- Synopsis: Human AU. "Upon losing their mothers in tragic divorce and a car wreck, Alfred, Lovino, and Matthew are raised by the three most unconventional parents. Can they reunite their lost family, or further tear it apart?"
- Tags: Some violence and character death
- Recommended by: Rita689
- Character(s): America and Russia.
- Pairing(s): None. This is (excellent) comedy.
- Author's Synopsis: "The Cold War begins to thaw and America is faced with his biggest challenge yet: to get Russia to sample American cola."
- Synopsis: An utterly hilarious oneshot with its basis in real history (During the Detente: the 'thaw' of the Cold War). I, honestly, was hooked the minute the words 'evil capitalist fizzy beverage' came out of Russia's mouth, but the fic manages to be consistently hilarious. You wouldn't BELIEVE some of the propaganda the Soviet Union had put out about American soft drinks.
There Stand Empires by Firebirdie
- Recommended by Pszczola
- Character(s): Austria, Hungary, Liechtenstein, young!Germany, Prussia, France.
- Pairing(s): There are the beginnings of the Austria/Hungary pairing
- Synopsis: The fate of a nation can rest on the outcome of a single battle. In the age of Napoleon, the fate of Europe itself hangs in the balance. Amid shifting alliances and desperate times, only one thing is certain: it's going to be a long war.
Raven Tears by Dontmezwitme
- Recommended by Lucia Malpense
- Character(s): OC!Native America, America, and Canada
- Synopsis: A wrenching Foregone Conclusion in which a mother tries to prevent other people from stealing her children.
- Tags: Tear Jerker
The Dead Zone by Illuminated Shadow
- Recommended by Lucia Malpense
- Character(s): Pretty much everyone, though slightly more focus on Canada, Finland, America, N. and S. Italys.
- Summary: Paintballing. It was all America's idea. This cannot end well.
It's a small world after all by Bri Nara
- Recommended by Rita689
- Character(s): The Allies, the Axis, and half the cast (plus, some random OC nations) get a mention at some point.
- Synopsis: England messes up a spell which causes some of the countries to turn into Chibis. And the situation gradually gets more messed up each time he tries to fix it.
- Tags: Crack fic
- Recommended by Awesome Mutt
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): Multiple OC s, All the Axis, the Allies, and many minor characters
- Synopsis: Annie, daughter of the head of a family bent on killing the counties, finds herself unknowingly working as the Axis's maid.
- Tags: First Person OC, language, violence, fraught with grammar errors, shipping with cannon characters only.
- Recommended by Zelda Queen
- Character(s)/Pairing(s): All of the Axis, the Allies, and most of the minor characters (Seychelles, Egypt, the Baltics, South Korea, Hong King, etc), along with Eros (OC). Many, many crack pairings, with hinted America/Russia and Poland/Lithuania.
- Synopsis: A World Meeting is held in Greece's house, where Eros, god of love, gets bored and decides to relieve tensions by making the various nations fall in love with each other. Hilarity Ensues.
- Tags: Original character, crack pairings