The Legend of Zelda/Memes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do you really want to read a page entirely dedicated to Zelda memes?
General series memes
- Link checked the chest. Wow! This is a nice chest!
- Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! 
- Don't tell my father. 
- WHAT A HOT BEAT! 
- Sheik is the most epic reverse trap in the history of video games. 
- HOLY CRAP! THERE'S AN UPSIDE-DOWN TRIANGLE ON LINK'S SHIELD! THE FOURTH PIECE IS OUT THERE!
- Even the rumor of finding the Triforce in Ocarina of Time is memetic. But we all know what happens to those who say things like this... 
- Did you understand that?
- Not really 
- Demon Lord Debbie is so fabulous.
- This news has just filled my heart with rainbows!
- Ghirahim is a veritable Fountain of Memes. No exceptions.
- And now in the same vein of Twilight Princess, we have: *Something* Score: 7.5 
- Have you been getting your Gratitude Crystals from the thankful women? 
- Wanna play the "How loud can you scream" game? 
- There is a __% chance... 
- Think about what you can do with a stranded girl and mushrooms. 
- The Bokoblin's/Moblin's undergarments. 
- The Legend of Groose: The Groosenator of Grooseland 
- Squidward Sword 
- Zelda likes to push Link off of cliffs. 
- Groose's theme goes with everything. 
The Legend of Zelda CDI Games (non-canon)
- MAH BOI! 
- "This peace is what all true warriors strive for."
- "I wonder what's for dinner?"
- "Lamp oil? Rope? Bombs? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubies.
- "Sorry, Link. I can't give credit. Come back when you're a little... MMMMM... richer!"
- "You DARE bring light to my lair?! YOU MUST DIE!"
- "Join me, Link, and I will make you a Face, the GREATEST in Koridai! Or else you will DIE."
- "NO! Not into the pit! IT BUUUUUURNNSSS!!"
- "After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we can talk about mercy!"
- Actually, let's just say every single line from the CD-I games is a meme.
- You shouldn't have done that...
- Well, Excuse me Princess.
- said by the old man who gives you your sword in The Legend of Zelda
- Bizarre introduction by an unfortunately-named NPC. He actually has minor relevance to the plot. And it isn't Engrish; he was called Error as a Programming In-Joke, since someone else's name was 'Bug' but badly Romanised.
- Useful hint from the same game.
- Characters tend to help you if you bring them useful items. Some items are not so useful.
- The level of irritation caused by Navi is considered the standard by which all annoying video game sidekicks must be judged.
- Ruto goes into a dungeon alone in Ocarina of Time. Contrary to her wishes, you must tell her father in order to continue.
- Darunia of the Gorons has a dance sequence. That's all the context you're getting.
- Debate continues to this very day as to Sheik's sex, and despite multiple Word of God on the subject (and the fact in Ocarina of Time Sheik actually transforms into Zelda right in front of you, and she clearly tells you that she was Sheik the whole time) many still refuse to believe that Sheik is actually Zelda.
- In-game, it is stated that the Triforce resides in Link's heart. There is no physical Triforce in the game.
- The owl in Ocarina of Time goes on long-winded speeches... and frequently tricks the player into listening to them more than once.
- The fishmen who fill out Link's Sea Chart use this as their Catch Phrase, and this is always their first line. Considering that the fishmen give useful hints towards One Hundred Percent Completion and that a fully mapped out Sea Chart has its own benefits...expect to read this line a lot.
- This is the voice effect the fishment make when they say their Catch Phrase.
- The entirety of the background music of the battle against the boss, Molgera, has a lot of chicka, as heard here
- The fan rage when Twilight Princess was given a score of 8.8 out of 10 was large enough to spread across the internet. Also a Trope Namer.
- Said by Agitha the Bug Princess whenever you leave her house with new bugs you haven't given her.
- The score Game Spot gave. Not by the same guy though.
- Strange little plot coupons given to you by completing quests.
- A friendly monster that kidnapped (but not really) a child likes playing this game. Alone. With a child.
- Fi likes statistics.
- A girl gets trapped on an island because her Loftwing was injured. You need to give it medicine, which is Mushrooms.
- They're apparantly so obsessed with their cheetah print underpants that according to Fi, they can literally COME BACK FROM THE DEAD DUE TO THEIR ATTACHMENT TO THEM.
- Groose has become the resident Memetic Badass
- A series of photoshops replacing various things with Squidward and other characters from SpongeBob SquarePants
- In-game, she pushes Link off of a cliff. Twice. Jokes are often made that this is Zelda's way of either showing affection toward, or friend-zoning, Link, among other things.
- Similar to Guile's theme, Groose's theme has been used for a variety of things.
- Taken from one of the universally hated Legend of Zelda CD-I games (specifically, Link: The Faces of Evil, the King is actually saying "My Boy". Often a source of parody videos on YouTube.
- Often written as "your face"
- A satirical punishment doled out to Zelda fans (sometimes trolls) who get the details wrong.