"They're like the movies people would make if people had access to an infinite supply of bendy actors who would freely get naked, talk about way-too-personal issues and destroy each other on command."—Nicholas Gurewitch, author of The Perry Bible Fellowship
Ongoing series or individual works of sequential art in book or magazine form; not noted on the list are the vast number of independent or 'underground' publications available. Despite the name, many such are not particularly "comic" at all, which has lead to the use of the term "Graphic Novel" in describing works with True Art aspirations, though some consider such phrasing needlessly pretentious. It has since acquired a more technical meaning, but debate and pretension rage on.
What it has happened is that the term has helped give original sequential art in a dedicated publication format a long overdue respectability in North American mainstream culture as evidenced by its growing presence in public library collections.
Compare Newspaper Comics.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Belgian Comics (42 P)
- ► Comics (9 P)
- ► Fantasy Comic Books (36 P)
- ► OEL Manga (1 C, 54 P)
- ► Science Fiction Comic Books (78 P)
Pages in category "Comic Books"
The following 187 pages are in this category, out of 187 total.
- Dark Horse Comics
- Darker and Edgier/Comic Books
- DC Comics Series
- De Cape et de Crocs
- De Kiekeboes
- Die for Our Ship/Comic Books
- Doctor Mortis
- Does This Remind You of Anything?/Comic Books
- Douwe Dabbert
- Draco in Leather Pants/Comic Books
- The Dresden Files (comic book)
- Dylan Dog
- Tear Jerker/Comics
- Tex Willer
- The 99
- The Amazing Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy!
- The Courageous Princess
- The Woobie/Comic Books
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks/Comic Books
- Tif et Tondu
- Tom Poes
- Too Dumb to Live/Comic Books
- Took a Level in Badass/Comic Books
- Tsundere/Comic Books
- Turn of the Millennium/Comic Books