You may know me from Glee, which has been called the gayest show on television. You know, I’m sure they mean that in the best way possible.
- Will watching Finn sing in the shower.
- And Finn watching Sam do the same thing.
Finn: "I would've joined in with a kick-ass harmony, but... the dude was naked."
- How about that other time Sam happened to be showering and Kurt walked in for a chat?
- Puck staring at the Glee kids jealously while they perform with Finn.
- Finn being more concerned with Puck's reaction than Quinn's to him grinding with Rachel, etc.
- Or Kurt slapping his butt? Squee was had.
- Kurt's one-sided crush on Finn in season one. They then simply become brothers in season two.
- Finn is always very sweet to Kurt in particular. For example, he doesn't want to throw a slushie in his face, and when he assumes Kurt is asking him to the prom he politely declines. It might just be that his character is very nice compared to his Jerk Jock friends, though.
- Then there was that one time Finn reprimanded Puck for pushing Kurt.
- In "Wheels" Puck explains his reason for fighting with Finn as "I just really like Artie, okay!?" It was a lie, but that won't stop the shippers.
- Of course, Puck and Artie later do become friends.
- Bryan Ryan (Neil Patrick Harris) and Will during the entire episode 19 ("Dream On").
- Episode 23 ("Audition") brought in (possible) Glee clubber Sam. Puck comments on how big Sam's mouth is, asking "How many tennis balls can you fit in there?" Sam then quips, "I wouldn't know, I've never had any balls in my mouth... have you?" Puck then gives a rather... big smile. Granted it was probably him approving of Sam, but still, this IS Puck we're talking about.
- In the same episode Finn heard Sam singing in the same way Will heard Finn sing for the first time last season.
Finn: "Normally I'd come in with a kick-ass harmony, but the dude was naked."
- The vast majority of Finn and Sam's conversations seem to occur in the locker room, with at least one article of clothing. Good example: the start of "Never Been Kissed", where the two boys take baths in nothing but their underwear next to each other... and promptly start talking about their sex lives.
- Of course, this quote from "The Rocky Horror Glee Show":
Sam: Just be you, and the sexy will flow through.
- Finn singing to Kurt. The song, and Finn himself, absolutely gushes with affection.
- Blaine and Kurt singing 'Baby, it's cold outside'. Full of significant glances, edging towards each other, copious use of the word 'baby' and the two of them leaning in veeeery close indeed.
- They actually recorded (but didn't use in the show, sadly) the full version of the song, which includes the line "Gosh, your lips look delicious," followed a couple of lines later by "Ooh, your lips are delicious," sung by Blaine to Kurt. Yeah.
- And then there is, of course, Kurt saying how he's in love with Blaine the second Blaine leaves the room.
- Blaine and Kurt in general. Seriously, the first time they meet Blaine grabs Kurt's hand and they do a slow-motion run down a hallway together. And then all of "Teenage Dream" is just blatant flirting. What with them both being openly gay, Blaine's complete disregard for personal space, the serenading, and their fast-growing friendship, those boys have more UST than you can shake a stick at.
- They finally kiss twice in "Original Song", have a duet together, and hold hands.
- That one bit, where Puck is talking to Sam while Sam does up his pants? Puck is not looking at his face.
- Neither did Finn
- During the scene where Quinn kisses Finn while Sam watches, Sam seems rather excited for someone whose girlfriend is kissing another man. And not only is he staring at Finn the whole time rather than Quinn, he even looks somewhat turned on by him.
- After watching "Never Been Kissed" at the end of the boys' mashup. Where does Finn put his hand during the group hug? That's right, Puck's ass.
- Finn sings a love song to Kurt in "Furt". Granted, the intention is completely platonic, but that won't stop the shippers.
- Finn and Karofsky share a lot of lingering glances and physical contact in "The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle."
- Despite the circumstances, Burt finding Blaine in Kurt's bed in Blame It On The Alcohol.
- Not to mention that the other side of the bed looked fairly messed up, and there wasn't a sleeping bag to be seen...
- Also from "Blame It on the Alcohol," Blaine seemed very...cuddly during the party. He put his arms around both Finn's and Kurt's shoulders.
- And as of The First Time, it's pretty much canon that Blaine is an affectionate/horny drunk, so...
- While Brittany and Santana are singing about how they might have feelings for each other, Sam leans over to Artie. Oblivious of the girls' UST, he says "Our girlfriends sure are close. I wish we could be that close."
- The look on the face of the somewhat more aware (and rarely Ho Yayed) Artie in response to this is PRICELESS.
- Sam is pretty excited about getting Schue's phone number at the end of "Blame It on the Alcohol".
- As of Original Song, Kurt/Blaine is finally canon!
- At least one moment for just about every character:
- Finn: Finding Sam singing in the shower.
- Rachel: Her talk with Quinn from "Sectionals"
- Quinn: Drawing pornographic pictures of Rachel on the bathroom walls.
- “I’ve seen it happen with people I knew growing up that hated each other, and then years later you go home and you see them walking down the street and they have babies.” - Dianna Agron on Rachel and Quinn. Seriously.
- Artie: Pretty much averted, but the recipient of a lot of others' moments.
- as of the newest episode: he is the one to complete the sentence "Cutest. smile. ever." about Mr. Martinez after Rachel and Sugar with a dopey smile on his face
- in "You Can't Stop the Beat", singing the line "You can't stop the rhythm of two hearts in love" with Kurt
- in "I Am Unicorn", sighs "So handsome" in response to Will talking about Dustin Goolsby.
- Kurt: Both Kurt and Chris Colfer are openly gay.
- Mercedes: Being sweet-talked by Santana into doing "River Deep, Mountain High."
- Tina: Singing "I Kissed a Girl" for her audition.
- She also seems pretty excited by having Rachel's hands on her boobs during "You're The One That I Want" in the pilot, writes the music (and possibly some of the lyrics) for Trouty Mouth Santana's "completely heterosexual song to Sam," and, when drunk, falls and laughs all over Mercedes, rather than her boyfriend.
- Puck: Oh god, where to begin.
- "Dude, your mouth is huge. How many tennis balls can you fit in there?
- Mike: His friendship with Matt in Season 1.
- "You kind of have one move, Kurt. It's like this sashay and it's super distracting." *eyedart*
- Brittany: Bisexual.
- From "Sectionals": "Sex isn't dating. If it were, Santana and I would be dating."
- Santana: Closeted lesbian.
- "It's a nice break from all that scissoring." Yeah...
- Will: Finding Finn singing in the shower.
- Sue: Jane Lynch is openly lesbian. Also, her "Physical" video with Olivia-Newton John.
- Sam: His character is practically made of this.
- To Artie: "It's pretty cool how our girlfriends are such good friends, right? I wish you and I were that close."
- Matt: His friendship with Mike in Season 1.
- Jesse: Jonathan Groff is openly gay.
- Sunshine: Singing "Telephone" in the bathroom with Rachel.
- April: Teaching Mercedes and Tina how to shoplift by carrying things under their skirts.
- Shelby: Sing "Poker Face" with Rachel.
- Sandy: "You're hunky, and I'm what they call 'predatory gay.'"
- Blaine: Openly gay, and as of "Original Song", Kurt's boyfriend.
- Made funnier considering the actor who plays Blaine is straight.
- Bryan Ryan: Neil Patrick Harris is openly gay, and singing "Dream On" with Will.
- Rod Remington: Something about partying with Freddie Mercury back in the 70s.
- They partied hard.
- Karofsky: Armored closet case who constantly picks on Kurt.
- "Comeback" gives us Rachel and Mercedes singing "Take Me or Leave Me", Joanne and Maureen's duet from Rent.
- In "Born This Way", Karofsky checking out Sam's butt.
- The Ho Yay between Sam and Kurt in "Rumours" is an important plot point. It turns out to be a platonic friendship in the end, but it still counts as this trope. Ho Yay is Ho Yay.
- In "Home" Brittany is seen cuddling with Santana when Kurt sings A House Is Not A Home.
- In "Funk" Santana and Brittany link pinkies when they were given their "Funk" assignment. In the background during Sue's interview after winning the cheerleading Nationals competition with the Cheerios, Santana jumps into Brittany's arms and wraps her legs around her.
- In "Audition" when Rachel sings "What I Did for Love", Santana and Brittany are sitting together; Santana has her legs draped over Brittany's lap, and Brittany is running her hands over Santana's legs and Santana is rubbing Brittany's back.
- In the "Rocky Horror Glee Show" Brittany slaps Santana's butt.
- In "Special Education" Santana performs "Valerie" and at the beginning of the song Brittany slaps Santana's butt twice. Santana also appears to flirt with and glance at Brittany many times during the performance. Santana also appears to have enjoyed having a small dancing number with her, and also seemed to only pay attention to her when all the girls were dancing together.
- In "Comeback" when Sam is singing Baby By Justin Bieber, Brittany reaches back and holds Santana's hand.
- Pretty much every scene with Will and Dustin in "New York".
"You're tearing up. People will think I just broke up with you."
- Also, Santana tells Quinn that she and Brittany can cheer her up. Quinn responds that "she isn't that interested in that".
- And after Jesse tells Finn that he sings and dances like a zombie who has to poop you can see Puck reacting to that statement by putting his fist against his mouth to keep from laughing and leaning over to kind of affectionately put his head on Kurt's shoulder.
- In "Special Education", we're given two background Warblers, Nick and Jeff, who share exaggerated reactions to acing the audition, and then engage in a very bromantic manhug.
- Non-canon example: During the second tour (Summer 2011), when performing "Born This Way", the actors would wear the same shirts they did in the episode of the same name. Dianna Agron, who normally wore a shirt that said Lucy Caboosey switched it up on the June 11, 2011, show in Toronto by wearing a shirt that was available at the concession stands that read "Likes Girls". Agron would explain later that she did it to support the LBGT community and bash homophobes. That didn't stop the Internet gossip sites from speculatating that either Agron was gay, Quinn was gay, Quinn would be a Season 3 love interest for Santana, or that Agron was delivering a Take That to the homophobic remarks made by Tracy Morgan a week earlier.
- Also from the 2011 tour, during the last show of the tour in Dublin on July 3, 2011, the crowd gets treated to kisses from Brittana AND Klaine.
- While it didn't show up on the show, the full version of "You Can't Stop the Beat" includes Kurt and Artie singing Penny and Seaweed's verse. Which includes lines like "If they try to stop us Artie, I'll call the NAACP!" (which makes zero sense, considering they're both white) and "You cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love".
- As of 3.02, Mike finds Kurt's sashaying super distracting.
- When Rory first meets Finn in "Pot O' Gold",he lights up and he immediately says he is a big fan. And watched him make out with Rachel on YouTube for ten minutes straight. He also really wants to be Finn's friend.
- When Rory and Sam are collecting for charity in "Extraordinary Merry Christmas" Rory asks if he will be his Valentines day sponsor and help him get a few kisses.
- Every time Sam and Rory interact is either this or plain UST
- This Troper's father even noticed the subtext. "What, are they gay now too!?"
- Tina gets very excited when Rachel spins past her, touching her breasts in the process. Not to mention the fact that her audition song was 'I Kissed a Girl', and the incident where she ended up imagining Coach Bieste while kissing Mike. And Quinn admits to drawing pornographic pictures of Rachel on the bathroom wall.
- Of course, she was purposely imagining Coach Bieste so as not to become aroused...
- "Faberry" is one of the most popular pairing among hardcore Gleeks since episode 1.
- That talk between Rachel and Quinn in episode 6 is a goldmine for all those wearing their Les Yay Goggles, particularly the "drawing pornographic pictures" part as mentioned above.
- In "Throwdown" Quinn and Rachel have a confrontation on the stairs, after which Quinn breaks into "Keep Me Hanging On", (complete with female cheerleaders dressed in football uniforms). This is ostensibly a fantasy sequence, but leaves one wondering why Quinn sings it in reaction to Rachel.
- As is Rachel and Quinn's talk in "Sectionals" after Rachel tells Finn that he's not the real father of Quinn's baby and he explodes at Quinn and Puck and storms out of glee club. It's hard to believe Quinn throws away this chance to deliver the ultimate comeuppance here (especially looking at how she treats Rachel in "Throwdown") without reading a bit more into this.
- Oddly, Quinn mentions "being able to talk to Rachel" as one of her major goals when talking to Sam in "Duets".
- Actually Quinn said she needs to find other ways to torture Rachel, but it's easy to confuse.
- Quinn ends up being the one to inspire Rachel's original song. At the begining of season three, Rachel seems to be the only one concerned for Quinn.
- Rachel's obsession with Quinn and her constant harping on how Quinn is the prettiest girl she's ever met has long crossed the point of creepiness. She's one step away from kidnapping the lady.
- In "Power of Madonna" we see Quinn drawing a mean caricature of Rachel...surrounded by hearts.
- Season 3 has been a gold mine of this for Faberry shippers, so much so that they crash Tumblr pretty much everytime the two interact because of all the "oddly" lingering glances between the two.
- In "Big Brother" Quinn telling Rachel that the car accident she was in wasn't her fault followed by a hug and holding hands.
- At the end of "I Say a Little Prayer for You" in episode 2, all three Cheerios lean very close together, especially Brittany towards Quinn.
- When discussing dates with Finn, the following was said by Santana, sitting next to Brittany. "You buy us dinner, we make out."
- And of course, from 1x13:
Santana: Sex is not dating.
- In "Home," Santana and Brittany hold pinkies while Santana leans her head on Brittany's shoulder. Santana and Brittany were joined at the pinkies during "Hello" and they both asked Finn to go on a threesome date with them. Pinky hugged once again in "Journey" during the final number.
- As of "Duets", Brittany/Santana is full-blown canon.
- Sue spends most of her Physical video with Olivia Newton-John giving her lingering, happy looks and only paying attention to the almost-naked male dancers when she has to. "Olivia totally screwed me in negotiations."
- Hell, just listen to the song on it's own without the male dancers, you could get the impression that Sue and Olivia Newton-John were singing Physical to each other rather than just sharing the lines.
- Sue's actress is a lesbian. Fantastically.
- In "Home," Quinn reassured Mercedes of her body image by telling her that she is beautiful, and then is the first one to support her (twice) when Mercedes sings "Beautiful" at the assembly.
- Furthered in "Funk," when Mercedes reassures Quinn about her pregnancy. Oh yeah, and they're now living together.
- In Audition:
Brittany: I made it up. Coach Bieste didn't touch my boobs. Actually...I kind of want to touch hers.
- Rachel dances rather ...close to Sunshine when they're singing "Telephone." And Sunshine, at least, seems to be enjoying it.
- Brittany and Britney Spears in Britney/Brittany.
- "I Kissed A Girl" from "I Kissed A Girl" has this Up to Eleven with all of the New Directions and Troubletones girls.
- In 2.22 , 'Yeah!' ,a song with pretty blatant lyrics about hitting on girls,is performed by an all-female acapella group.
- "Hold On To Sixteen" has the girls dancing together to the song "I'm A Survivor". Also, Mercedes and Brittany holding hands. And Brittany and Santana intertwining fingers. Also, even though Rachel and Santana can't stand each other they still get along during one musical number and hold hands.
- And there there is Santana and Brittany doing a recreation of the "Me Against the Music" music video (i.e. the one where Britney Spears and Madonna lez it up), and then Santana turns into the Britney Spears herself.
- "Duets" has Brittany and Santana full-out kissing near the beginning. Then Santana claims she isn't with Brittany because she loves her, instead just because Puck wasn't available at the time. It Gets Worse as Santana decides to sing a duet with Mercedes instead of Brittany. The rest of the episode as Brittany getting back at Santana by hooking-up with Artie, which Brittany either did so she could use Artie's voice to win the Duet competition or to get back at Santana, or both. Of course, it's ambiguous what exactly Brittany was angry about--Santana saying she isn't in love with her or Santana pairing-up with Mercedes for the competition.
- In Blame it on the Alcohol Brittany comforts Santana, and Santana returns the favor when Brittany and Artie fight.
- In "Blame It on the Alcohol," Santana pours salt on Brittany's stomach and licks it off.
- Brittany and Santana crawling all over Mercedes during "Sweet Transvestite" in "Rocky Horror Glee Show". And dancing together while singing along with Emma to "Toucha-Toucha-Toucha-Touch Me".
- During the performance of "Bad" during "Michael", Artie pointing at the openly-gay, freely-promiscuous Sebastian and singing to him "your butt is mine."
- If the rumors are true about Sam, he was originally hired on and written as Kurt's boyfriend, but then put aside when they got Darren Criss on the show - but a lot of his dialogue remained the same and they kept the character on for a season to see if they could get him to gel as a heterosexual (he didn't). As a result, the character comes off as ridiculously bisexual.
- Another Sam example, this one in "On My Way": blink and you'll miss it, but as the Warblers take a bow at the end of their set and the camera pans across the audience applauding, Sam blows a kiss to the Warblers.
- As of "Big Brother," Blaine now has some with the titular sibling, his brother, Cooper Anderson — and Cooper more than reciprocates. The Andercest ship started sailing as soon as it was announced that Matt Bomer would be portraying Cooper, but the episode turned everything Up to Eleven. To the point that Cooplaine has started getting widely likened to the Supernatural fandom's ever-popular Wincest pairing, both by fans and various episode recappers.
- Synchronized-dancing duet set to a mash-up of Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf" and "Rio," preceded by Cooper fondly reminiscing about their history of duets and dueling Simon Le Bon impressions.
- The two end up going to lunch at Breadstix, the Glee universe's go-to romantic/sexual date spot, and rarely look anywhere but each other during. Blaine ends up having a voice-breaking moment of asking why Cooper only ever reminds him that he sucks.
- Blaine sings Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" to his brother, a song to an ex-lover, featuring lyrics like: "After all of the stealing and cheating, you probably think that I hold resentment for you" and "Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I, I couldn't trust called your bluff time is up 'cause I've had enough" — and as he sings this, Cooper watches in the background while his brother strips off a few layers of clothing and attacks a punching bag.
- Cooper seems rather irrationally jealous about his little brother's boyfriend when he says that it wouldn't kill Blaine to stop letting Kurt pick out his clothes.
- Kurt tries to help Blaine make nice with his brother by offering advice based on his relationship with Finn. His step-brother. …The same step-brother he used to have a massive, personal boundary-crossing crush on.
- And, after the two of them have an angsty-staring-laden duet of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know," Cooper asks, "We're more than brothers, right?" He follows it up by saying, "We're friends, too, right?" ...Damn it.
- If there is such a thing as "Inverted Ho Yay", Santana and Sebastian definetly had it during their Smooth Criminal number. To quote a commenter:
If this doesn't make them go straight for each other, nothing will.
- In Promasaurus, Quinn and Rachel have yet another heart-to-heart, in which Rachel gushes about how pretty Quinn is and Santana interupts to tell Quinn to "stop making out with Berry".
- In "Promasaurus", Sam lifts Artie out of his wheelchair after their performance of "What Makes You Beautiful". They look as if he's being carried over the threshold bridal style, and the camera focuses on them until the show cuts to commercial.
- In "Hold On To Sixteen", Sam returns after having been found working as a stripper by Finn (and Rachel).
- While Sam teaches the other glee club members his new dance moves (including body rolls), Artie says that he is "getting tingles where it's only 50/50 for tingling". He points down to his crotch as he says this.
- Artie's "Scream" fantasy/hallucination sequence in "Michael" features him dancing with Mike Chang, who is wearing eyeliner and tight leather pants, in an homage to the original music video.
- Puck and Sam's actors Mark Salling and Chord Overstreet have a pretty epic bromance. There are a lot of picture of them cuddling or one resting against the other. It's bled into the show too, like when Sam actually kisses the side of Puck's head when they win Nationals.
- In "Props", the dream version of Klaine, Mark and Cory sure were very comfortable with one another.