Kilplix N Friends
A bunch of YouTube videos about a gamer named Kilplix and his friends. These started as montages from Battlefield 2 matches, but when Kilplix started posting footage from his buddies' Left 4 Dead sessions things really took off. Even though his videos are simply a bunch of friends slaughtering zombies (and each other), they've gained hundreds of thousands of views due to the hilarity that ensues and the personalities of the players, who are:
- Kilplix (Austin): The leader, and the one who posts the videos. Usually the most rational and level-headed of the group (though this isn't saying much). Plays as Zoey/
- JedediahJ (Jed): Kilplix's good friend and resident smartass. Though capable, he tends to wander off and get nabbed by Special Infected. Plays as Bill/The Coach!
- Sariix (Cody): Jed's brother, and typically a quiet, cool and dependable teammate. Plays as Louis/Ellis.
- Vlahka (Con): A trash-talking, zombie-smashing, Molotov-flinging Australian who is just as likely to tear through a horde on his own as he is to get sucker-punched by one zombie. Plays as Francis/Nick.
- Lantz (Jonna): A female gamer who was initially mistaken as a prepubescent boy by some fans. Bubbly, lighthearted, and only rarely perturbed by the obstacles facing the group, even those stemming from the group itself. Plays as Francis/Nick.
After the initial Left 4 Dead videos, Kilplix has since branched out into other games, posting videos of Bad Company 2, Resident Evil 5, Portal2, and more recently, Battlefield 3 and Terraria. He's also posted several videos of other games, including Amnesia the Dark Descent, F.E.A.R., and Serious Sam.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Yes-siree.
- Bash Brothers: If the team is forced to split up, odds are good Jed and Cody will be covering each others' backs. And if one goes down, the other will almost always charge in to the rescue.
- Berserk Button: Kiplix hates the opening theme of Dragon Ball GT. And never try to select Zoey before he can.
- Butt Monkey: Con's gung-ho attitude and sub-par internet connection mean that he usually dies the most, and during the Left 4 Dead 2 playthrough he only survived one campaign. It doesn't faze him.
- Big No: A Kilplix specialty. What's probably his most epic example involves a closet, Con, and fire.
- Bullet Time: Used to show how, for example, Con managed to hurl a gas tank directly into Kilplix's stream of fire.
- Casanova: Con will hit on anything female, from Zoey to Witches to generic female Infected. This prompts a discussion over it not technically counting as necrophilia.
- Cherry Tapping: Adding insult to injury during one night of FAIL is getting bitch-slapped to death by a Boomer.
- Clown Car Base: Kilplix tends to get jumped by hordes spawning in small rooms the most, though one time it happened to Con and left him whimpering and huddling in a corner.
- Companion Cube: During The Mortuary campaign Jed starts talking to (and receiving tips from) his Pikachu spray.
- Crying Indian: At the end of the Resident Evil 5 Kilplix's Croc Fail video, the picture that appears at the end of every video sports a single tear after almost 7 minutes of failed QTEs.
- Dirty Coward: Jed has the ability to disappear during critical swarms, only later emerging from a closet once the dust has settled. In at least one case this saved him from a Tank.
- Dirty Old Man: How Jed plays Bill, regarding Zoey.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Kilplix during The Mortuary map review is bushwhacked while admiring a poster.
- Dying Declaration of Love: "Dead Tank Makes Jed Confess."
- Evil Laugh: Con's giggle.
- Five-Man Band: Kilplix and his friends, if you haven't noticed already. It's a shame Left 4 Dead has a 4-man limit.
- Freak-Out: Jed's response to getting cornered by a Tank or attacked by a Witch is often a stream of high-speed, panicked babbling. Then there's his reaction to learning who dies in "The Passing."
- Friendly Sniper: Cody qualifies due to his somewhat gentle demeanor compared to the rest, as well as his penchant for picking up Hunting Rifles.
- Funny Background Event: During the "Meet Con" video.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: Kilplix doesn't swear. He'll post Gore Montages and admire zombie damage that makes Con squeamish, but he keeps his commentary strictly PG.
- He's been starting to avert this lately however. Though it's just been minor, with "piss" as far as it's gone.
- Ho Yay: Con and Jed were this in the Fallen campaign.
- Jed's aforementioned Dirty Old Man actions towards Austin could be interpreted as this.
Con: Your fly is down!
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Con's boast of being "The Flame Master" aside, he does have a habit of getting too close to admire his handiwork.
- Idol Singer: Jonna can do a pretty good Jigglypuff impression.
- Infernal Retaliation: If Con's going down, he wants a proper blaze of glory. "That's right! Can't touch me! Set you on fire."
- Kilplix has remarked that Jed picks up gas cans specifically so they can explode whenever someone tries to revive him.
- I Will Only Slow You Down: Con tries to playfully invoke this at one point, but it backfires:
Con: (melodramatically) Leeeave me, save yourself!
- Laser-Guided Karma: Jed was hiding during the Fallen campaign in a different room. Then a smoker pops up. Hilarity Ensues.
- Similarly, in the initial L4d2 playthroughs, Jed goes into a safehouse and shuts the door behind him. There is a hunter in there. Hilarity Ensues.
- While he and Jed and Cody are taking shelter from a Tank in a treehouse, Kilplix taunts Jonna with "no girls allowed!" Immediately...
- Let's Get Dangerous: If Con yells "It's on!" then a) the team is being pressed hard and he's about to start fighting with even less restraint than usual, or b) he's had one friendly fire incident too many and is after payback.
- Metaphorgotten: Jed's description of his teammate. "Con is kinda like an M&M at the bottom of a bottle of Pepsi. It doesn't fizz, and it doesn't sizzle, it's just a bottle of chocolate Pepsi... that melts in your hand. You know, it's not edible, but it's kinda cool."
- Nightmare Face: This horde rush.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: When the entire group ends up stuck in a hole, Jed (playing as Coach) informs them that as the fattest one, he'll try to eat the others, so they'd better shoot him first.
- One-Man Army: During one Typical Night of FAIL after repeated TPKs, Jed got fed up, ran off, and somehow completed the level on his own. In The Parish campaign Con once got separated from the group and held out not only against a Horde, but three Special Infected (the others didn't believe him until they saw the corpses). And then there's the Kilplix Killing Sprees from the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 videos.
- Pure Awesomeness: What Con insists that he is.
Con: When the word "awesome" was invented... I was born.
- Jonna has a moment, too:
Kilplix: How did you survive [being pulled off a two-story drop by a Smoker]?
- Pyromaniac: Remember, you can't spell "conflagration" without Con. "Gimme a Molotov! I feel naked."
Con: Hahaha! With this... I shall rule the world!
- The Quiet One: Cody, to the point of sometimes not calling out if he is grabbed by a Special Infected.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: All of the boys, really, though so far only Kilplix has inspired tribute videos cataloging his shrieks of terror. Oddly enough, Jonna rarely if ever screams.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Possibly one of the most surreal Tank fights of all time.
- Stairwell Chase: This 'un.
Cody: Remember, you only have to run faster than the slowest person.
- Stupid Sacrifice: Poor coordination for the second The Sacrifice playthrough leads to Kilplix and Cody jumping off the bridge simultaneously.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Just because everyone's friends doesn't mean that the gaming sessions go smoothly. Particularly evident in the "Typical Night of FAIL" videos.
Jed: Con took down half the team back there.
- Tempting Fate: Kilplix a few times. "You ever notice how a horde never attacks... here..." (rising chorus of snarls) "Okay, I shouldn't have said that."
- "They're not gonna spawn YAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
- When they can hear a tank somewhere nearby, but can't see him yet:
Jed: (Solid Snake voice) Where are you?!
- Too Dumb to Live: Whether it's misuse of explosives, lethal cases of Attention Deficit Disorder, or a poor choice in escape routes, everyone will have their moments.
Con: (posthumously) I wasn't sure if it was a water bottle or a gas tank... so I shot it.
- Web Comic: A very minor one, The Misadventures of Kilplix N Friends.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Chargers LOVE Kilplix.
- Word Salad: Kilplix will lapse into this when he gets Huntered or Chargered. Jed will also lapse into this on occasion.