The Angry Beavers/Recap/E06 Go Beavers
The Beavers are at a football stadium watching their favorite football team... The Beavers. However, they're losing epically to the visiting team, although Norb points out The Beavers haven't one a game in 23 seasons. Daggett loses his faith in the team, and sneaks into field to play for the now-injured team members. Norb eventually gets into the action too, and they both successfully help the Beavers win.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- American Football
- Amusing Injuries
- Ass Kicks You: One of The Visitors stomps on Dag and Norb with his butt!
- Berserk Button: Although the beavers were first called weasels by the farmer in the first episode, this is the first actual instance in which the beavers express deep offense to being called weasels. It's what sets Norb off and inspires him to help Dag help The Beavers football team win.
- E=MC Hammer: The math chart Norb (dressed as the coach) presents to Dag on how to do the next play makes absolutely no sense. Not that it was supposed to. There's even a tic-tac-toe visual on the board!
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The visiting team name? The Visitors.
- Football Hooligans: And how!
- Genius Bonus: Most of the tunes and songs that the football orchestra play are pretty damn obscure.
- Holy Halo: One appears over Norb's head when he decides it's his duty to teach Dag an example about having fun at a football game. Subverted in the fact that Norb acts quite devilish later.
- We Are Not Weasel!
- The Jinx: Dag accuses Norb of being this for pointing out that the Beavers haven't won in 23 seasons.
- Refuge in Audacity: It really makes no sense why the football blimp is filled with footballs. Luckily nobody cares.
- Screwy Squirrel: Norb acts like one throughout the episode, appearing as a referee, a coach, and a sports announcer, all attempts just to frustrate Dag. He does it mostly to try and teach Dag a lesson about not having fun in sports. That is until The Visitors call him and Dag "weasels", then he suddenly takes the game seriously.
- Serious Business: Dag certainly views football this way.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The football orchestra plays the theme music to The Angry Beavers a couple times.
- This Is Gonna Suck: The football blimp is about to crash into the stadium, after the Beavers crash into it. The captain makes this announcement: "This is your captain, we're about to hit the stadium. AUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
- Took a Level in Badass: The beavers after being called weasels.