The Angry Beavers/Recap/E03 A Dam Too Far
Two destructive rivers known as The Big Happy, and The Little Meany are creating chaos in the Northwest, and the army enlist Daggett and Norbert to dam them up and save the forests. Norbert is assigned The Big Happy, which turns out to be "the big easy". However, Dag's attempt to stop The Big Meany prove to be challenging, as the river seems to have a mind of its own.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A more postiive example: "For mom, baseball, and little cocktail weenies!"
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: The Big Meany river wants Daggett dead!
- Brick Joke: Norbert is seen watching a very boring nature program about how rivers hate big cliffs. This bit of knowledge actually comes in handy towards the end of the episode.
- Butt Monkey / The Chew Toy: This episode solidifies Daggett in both roles.
- Cassandra Truth: Norbert doesn't believe Dag that The Big Meany river is alive and homicidal. At first anyway
- Family-Unfriendly Violence: The things the river does to Daggett. For an example, it smashes Daggett against a cliff!
- Famous Last Words / Tempting Fate: "No sweat! It's just a bunch of spooty water!"
- Non Sequitur Thud: Daggett falls through a hallow tree, battered and bruised. When Norb asks if he's okay, all Dag's response is, "Like was so much easier on Golden Pond."
- Not Quite Dead: The Big Meany never gives up! Even at the end of the episode, it still manages to get one last attack on Daggett.
- Spinning Paper: At the very start of the episode.