The Angry Beavers/Recap/E23 Bummer of Love
"The Awesome Beaver Pond Festival" is set up over The beavers lodge, and they are subsequently thrown out. While Dag plots ways to get into the festival to drive everyone out, Norb meets a girl beaver named Treeflower who, along with her own band try to sneak into the festival.
- Animation Bump: The "I Think I Like You" sequence. And how! This episode first aired during a time when Nickelodeon was pulling a Ratings Stunt by making certain sequences appear 3-D with a pair of special glasses kids could order. Angry Beavers was never officially one of the shows Nick had cater to the 3-D stunt, but this sequence in this episode looks like they were trying to go along with it. And even with the 3-D glasses, the sequence looked that much more awesome.
- Art Shift: And it looks really psychedelic, man!
- Did They or Didn't They?
- Disney Acid Sequence: "I Think I Like You"
- Ear Worm: Possibly "I Think I Like You".
- Failed a Spot Check: Norb, Treeflower, and her band sneak into the festival easily by climbing through a huge hole in the fence. Dag never sees this hole, and instead spends most of the rest of the episode trying to get past the main security bouncer.
- "Falling in Love" Montage: The "I Think I Like You" sequence.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: At the end, it cuts from Treeflower kissing Norb, to Norb waking up in bed, and finding the festival gone, but he still has the flower Treeflower gave her, and there's a note on the wall by her. Norb doesn't seem to have any recollection of anything that happened after the kiss. Why? Well, Treeflower is a hippie in this episode... and who knows what Norb and Treeflower did during the time he doesn't seem to remember. And how did Norb end up in bed?
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Treeflower's band: "The Friendly Chartreuse Bubblegum Manchines".
- Lampshade Hanging: Treeflower, or at least a beaver who looks like her, appeared in the episodes "Long in the Teeth", and "The Bing That Wouldn't Leave". Norb and Treeflower both comment that it feels like they've known each other all their lives. It's unclear if this was the writers' way of handwaving the situation.
- Match Cut
- Shout-Out: One of Dag's plans to sneak into the festival is dress himself up as Ringo Starr.