"Upon hearing the voice acting, I had a nerdgasm. Then a real orgasm. Then another nerdgasm."
For some reason, geeks like to make jokes that geeks actually have sexual arousal about their geek interests. Not sex or fetishes, this is about the latest technology or something like that. Basically, it's the geek factor that is turning them on. If the thought of Wonder Woman fighting Storm turns someone on because it would be an awesome comic, and not because it's two hot chicks fighting, you have this trope.
This also doesn't count if a guy just has raging hormones and gets erections at anything, nor does it count if it's merely Squee or And the Fandom Rejoiced. There has to be implications of sexual arousal.
This can happen even when Nerds Are Virgins.
Live Action TV
- Yellow Overdrive Power Ranger Ronny seemed to get quite hot and bothered when she saw the zords her team were going to be driving. The fans, of course, latched on to her "zordgasm", and soon put her in a Cargo Ship (with drills, after she had a similar reaction to the Drill Blaster in a later episode).
- Stephen Fry has a nerdgasm in this video after spotting a Tesla Roadster in traffic and hearing how big of a touchscreen the new Model S will have in the dash. During his second appearance in the "Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car" segment on Top Gear, he got more than a little excited while driving his fast lap and Jeremy asked him if he'd had a crisis.
- Parodied on an episode of Saturday Night Live with a fake commercial for a sex chat line featuring women dressed as different geek icons (including Princess Leia, Uhura, and Galadriel) who speak only in references to their respective works.
- On an episode of HGTV's Room Crashers, the host gave a cluttered couple a really cool shelving unit where, upon a button press, their flat-screen TV rose from its hidden compartment. The homeowner squealed "It's so nerdy! I love it!"
- Adam Savage of MythBusters plays it straight and references it by name in one Indiana Jones-themed myth when he dresses up as Indy.
- A PG version of this trope occurs in FoxTrot with Jason ogling a computer ad in a magazine the way an older boy would ogle a magazine centerfold. Peter's done the same thing with a guitar magazine.
- Jason and Marcus have both ogled a National Geographic with no-holds barred, fully detailed diagrams of the Apollo 11 lunar lander.
- Naked Snake/Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3 had one when EVA gives him the .45. He's got a woman with her boobs out in front of him, but he's staring at that gun and gushing over it like he might just try and have sex with it!
- From the forums of Halo:
'I didn't like the way they were driving the jeep though, it didn't look as good as in the other movies. But when he showed off the "inverse kinematics" I achieved an immediate erection!
- This writer for Destructoid admits getting a stiffie when Golden Sun had the third game announced.
- From Moviebob:
"A few months back, Capcom gave old-school gamers like myself the world over a Sizemorean-level affliction of acute priapism, by announcing it was revisiting the world of Bionic Commando..."
- Followed immediately by disappointment at the Real Is Brown take and later by the poor control layout.
- In Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Comedic Sociopath Mao has a tendency to do this whenever he witnesses something particularly evil. His reaction is complete with labored breathing and drooling. (It's probably worth mentioning that Mao embodies a number of stereotypes of RPG gamers.)
- A really disturbing strip of Dueling Analogs. Apparently the combined news of Mega Man 9 and Diablo III made a mess to clean up.
- Rooster Teeth Comics - When Gus' wife Esther starts playing World of Warcraft, Gus spends the next four comics with a MASSIVE ERECTION.
- The Goblins side-comic character Tempts Fate has one of these when he sees, quote, "the most unnecessarily, overly trapped door ever", endquote, in action.
- From Penny Arcade:
Tycho: Oooh, that's a sweet little terrain rendering engine baby.
Gabe: Where the hell is your other hand?
- Ctrl+Alt+Del on Korea's reaction to the announcement of StarCraft II
- The comic Little Gamers does this once in a while, such as one of them "excited" from news about the newest iPhone iteration.
- Carson the muskrat in Dork Tower responds to Baldur's Gate II in this way. During the opening credits.
- One strip in Air Force Blues has Barbie literally jacking off to a technical write-up of the F-22 Raptor.
- Nerf Now observes "Gun Lust" on Borderlands.
- Nerds describing hardware and software as 'sexy' has ultimately culminated in a software library being named 'libsexy.'
- Joe Loves Crappy Movies: "What's a geek boner?"
- From Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series:
Voice From Helicopter: Mr. Kaiba, our scanners have detected that an Egyptian God Card has been summoned somewhere in the city. If you climb on board, we'll take you to the signal's location.
Kaiba: And now I have a boner.
- A fan's reaction to the announcement of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- QueerNet Blog: "And my first thought wasn’t 'WOW, Hot guys making out!' it was 'WOW, I want that Empire shirt!'"
- Zero Punctuation sometimes draws Yahtzee having a stiffie when playing a game Ben really likes.
- The Cinema Snob says that watching an Orson Welles movie makes him orgasm.
- In a 30-second gag that appeared between two shorts in the Cartoon Network series Dexters Laboratory, Dexter got a magazine, took it to an underwater hideout and ogled the centerfold...of a wrench.
- Tom Warburton describes his feelings when he and his team came up with the concept for the last episode of Codename: Kids Next Door as a nerdgasm.
- Kevin Smith commented on this at a Battlestar Galactica panel at Comic Con that he was moderating. Tricia Helfer (Number Six) revealed that at one point she used to date Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal Reynolds of Firefly). At this Smith remarked that the knowledge that Number Six used to go out with Captain Mal "would make most nerds cum in their pants". Helfer's response was "That's why we don't tell".