Film series are created when a film becomes a success. Sequels, prequels and spinoffs can turn a group of films into a real Cash Cow Franchise. Sometimes the makers choose not to make another movie based on the success of the first one. This can be due to lack of interest or the knowledge that they'll never be able to duplicate everything the original made great.
Many others simply go for the quick buck and mass produce new movies. Though a huge flop or critically panned film can halt the sequel frenzy, there have been cases when sequels continue to be made long after audiences and critics gave up. Whether good or bad, this can transform a group of films into a veritable film series. In order to qualify for that title one sequel is simply not enough. Three or more films in the franchise tend to earn that title.
Pages in category "Film Series"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- Halloween (film)
- Hammer Horror
- Harry Potter (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- The Howling