Jeremy John Irons is an English film, television, stage and voice actor, well-known for his deep, gravelly voice, described by one critic as "whipped cream with glass shards" that reeks of Magnificent Bastardry. He has won an Academy Award, two Golden Globes and an Emmy.
Irons is very British in his Hollywood roles, and isn't afraid to have some fun while doing a villain role for cash. It's difficult to make a meaningful anagram out of his name.
- The Borgias: Rodrigo Borgia, a.k.a. Pope Alexander VI
- Brideshead Revisited: Charles Ryder
- The Colour of Magic: Lord Vetinari
- Comic Relief: Severus Snape
- Dead Ringers: Elliot and Beverly Mantle
- Die Hard With a Vengeance: Simon Gruber
- Dungeons and Dragons: Profion
- Eragon: Brom (delivering possibly the best performance in a movie with a severe case of Adaptation Decay)
- Kingdom of Heaven: Tiberius
- The Lion King: Scar
- Lolita (1997): Humbert Humbert
- The Man in the Iron Mask: Aramis
- Reversal of Fortune: Claus von Bürlow
- The Time Machine (2002 remake) The Uber-Morlock
- Affably Evil: Often plays this type of character.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Evil Brit
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Large Ham: Especially as a villain.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Always comes across as a gentleman in interviews.