Ring X Mama/Characters
Tropes common to the Gigamax wrestlers
The main male protagonist of Ring X Mama.
- Ascended Fanboy: Goes from being a female wrestling fanboy to managing his favorite female wrestlers.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Is pretty weak to feminine wiles, but truly cares for the women he has slept with. On the other hand, he proposed both Rio and Sanae settle their differences with a perverse suggestion so lewd once that both of them were stunned and very beet red in response.
- Non-Action Guy: Is mostly around to provide moral and other support to the other female characters.
- Harem Hero: Well, when you're the manager of an entire team Hot Amazon wrestlers who all willingly sleep with you and are all Action Girlfriends, this trope is rather impossible to avoid.
- Nice Guy: Not only does he honestly care about the female wrestlers he winds up managing, he even breaks down and weeps over the fact he couldn't have been there to save Aoi for her horrible past, even wishing he could have been there to help here.
- Nerd: Over arcade games, thanks to which he succeeds in pwning Linda royally.
- Nose Bleed: Prone to these.
- Tender Tears: Breaks into these in celebration of Gigamax finally being recognized in the wrestling community.
- The Casanova: Very prone to this. Unfortunately, it also works against him and is the root of some of the story conflict. Lampshaded more that once by the other characters as well.
Sanae "Justice Asuka" Takamori
The main female protagonist of Ring X Mama.
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: Rather proud of hers, to Rio's chagrin.
- Happily Divorced: From her first husband, who is still friends with. They broke up due to him not being all that great in the bedroom, but they have no other outstanding resentments with each other.
- First Girl Wins: First girl to sleep with Ryoma, ultimately winds up with him in the end.
- Gag Boobs: Lampshaded, though she hardly the most endowed woman in the story.
- Green-Eyed Monster: PRONE TO THIS. However, she's pretty chill about it most of the time concerning Ryoma, conceding the fact he seems to be a walking sex magnet, though it continues to irritate her to no end off and on throughout the story.
Rio "Tiger Cat" Katsura
- A-Cup Angst: While not "small" by any means, she feels outclassed by Sanae to the point she believes Sanae won Kaoru thanks to her Gag Boobs.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's Japanese, but the dark skin could just be a tan, but either way, it isn't really explained.
- Animal Motifs: Tigers.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her wrestling outfit.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Has a serious case of this, and is why Gigamax broke up three years before the start of the story, due to both Sanae and Rio having the hots for Kaoru (Sanae won). And it flares up again over Ryoma, and Aoi keeps egging her on.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: When Linda presents some really strong booze to Rio as a present, this immediately changes Rio's opinion of her for the better.
- Rose-Haired Girl: More of a purplish-pink, but close enough.
- The Rival: To Sanae. Aoi exploits this for all it's worth to drive a wedge between her and Sanae.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Variation. Because Ryoma beat her at an arcade game, she decided he was stronger than her at that and thus felt he was worth sleeping with.
- Commanding Coolness: Is referred to as a "Commander" by her naval colleagues despite being a second lieutenant, though since she seems to be leader of a spec ops squad, this seems to be a reference to her leading the squad.
- Eagle Land: Type 2 for the most part.
- Expy: Flag patterned outfit, well endowed female blonde wrestler that stands out in a largely Japanese cast. Sounds familiar.......
- Gag Boobs: True to the stereotype she's drawn as, she has the largest drawn breasts in the entire manga, though this dooms her to more than on Wardrobe Malfunction.
- Gamer Chick: Very good at arcade games.
- Good-Looking Privates: She's a second Lieutenant in the US Naval Reserves and a Navy SEAL.
- Hidden Depths: Don't let the broken English and bimboish attitude fool you, she's a lot smarter than she appears.
- Hulk Speak; Speaks slightly broken sounding Japanese, which is translated to imperfect English for the reader.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections: Pulls some strings with the US Navy to let Gigamax train on a US naval carrier. Kinda helps that the captain is her uncle.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: She can be surprisingly serious and resourceful when she wants to be, and she is an officer in the US Navy, implying she has a degree of some sort.
- Occidental Otaku: Of all things Japanese, though since she seems to adapt pretty well, this is mostly Played for Laughs.
- Token Minority: The only obvious American on the Gigamax promotion team.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: In an entire cast of really well endowed women, hers are so large they have caused skin tight wetsuits to rip apart from the pressure.
Saeko "Violence Rose" Shimazu
First appears in the story when she calls on Sanae and Ryoma realizes just who he slept with. She along with Sanae are trying to rebuild Gigamax, and is initially skeptical of Ryoma being the new manager but comes around quickly. Is still married, though it's a bit of a rocky relationship at times.
- Guile Hero: Sets up the situation for Ryoma to run into Rio so he could help her and Sanae reconcile.
- Leotard of Power: Her wrestling outfit.
- Nice Hat: A cowboy hat.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Far more aware of what's going on than she lets on. For example, she's fairly aware of Kaoru's current activities and their purposes, as she hints to the man himself.
- Tsundere: Heavy on tsun, though she's pretty dere to her husband and Ryoma. Also has a bit of a Kuudere to her personality, as she's pretty snarky and prickly sometimes, but has a truly soft side she shows in private.
- Your Cheating Heart: She's the least promiscuous of the Gigamax wrestlers and tries to stay loyal to her husband. Though she eventually takes out her marital frustrations on Ryoma by having sex with him, though she only lets him take her in the ass for the most part, trying to technically stay faithful by reserving her front end for her husband.
Aoi "Darkness Aoi" Miki
- Badass: Regarded as one of the best female wrestlers in Japan.
- Bi the Way:
- Broken Bird: See the below trope as to why.
- Depraved Bisexual: Has slept with Rio, Ryoma, and presumably Kaoru. The first one was for manipulation purposes, the second both manipulation and genuine attraction, and the last she wound up settling with. For the most part, sex seems to be a form of control and manipulation for her, which is understandable given how she was taken advantage of several before the story began.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was forced to have sex with the former sponsors of Jipang during the past when the economy tanked, and basically being able to use her a sex toy was part of the price of them keeping Jipang financed. Even though the former chairwoman of Jipang was guilt ridden over letting it happen, Aoi sacrificed herself willingly to keep the company going. Eventually, things got better and Aoi no longer had to put herself through that, but it broke her pretty badly inside, making her bitter, cynical, and made her obsessed with being the dominant party in relationships.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She eventually gets over her dark and troubled past and winds up with Sanae's former husband.
- Freudian Excuse: Being more or less raped by men treating you as expendable if you don't put out made Aoi extremely broken inside to the point she always wants to be the one in control.
- Heel: The role of her wrestling persona.
- Hot Amazon: Ryoma definitely thinks so.
- Kuudere: Once you get past the icy exterior, there is a surprisingly warm hearted person inside, she's just reluctant to show it thanks to her horrible past.
- Manipulative Bitch: She has her reasons, see Dark and Troubled Past for the details.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo: Both her wrestling persona and the way she comes off to people.
- The Dog Bites Back: Aoi finally can't take being forced to put out for sleazy assholes anymore and beats the ever loving shit out of them. Kaoru thankfully shows ups around that time and helps make sure she doesn't have to worry about any fallout for doing so later on.
Sanae's first husband. Is also a wrestling promoter and sponsor for Jipang.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Half the reason his marriage to Sanae crashed and burned. Apparently, while his bedroom skills weren't that impressive, he was prone to flirting with other women. Though he was nothing but a gentleman when he saved Aoi from being used a Sex Slave and otherwise treats women with respect.
- Gold Digger: He comes from a wealthy family, and he and Sanae mutually agreed to no change their names on the public registry so as not to jeopardize his inheritance.
- Happily Divorced: From Sanae. Is even totally chill about her being with Ryoma (complimenting his skill at being manager) and still regards his ex-wife as a friend.
- Nice Guy: Divorced on good terms with his former wife, is on speaking terms with her new boyfriend from the get go, and wins the heart of a broken and very cynical Aoi by doing all he can to help and support her.
- Internal Reformist: Helps clean out the corruption of Jipang once he gets back from being in America in his backstory and realizes how bad it has gotten.
- Rescue Romance: Winds up initiating one with Aoi, which later graduates to them becoming an Official Couple at the end.
- Working with the Ex: To a degree. He is technically working against her by virtue of his association with Jipang and the fact he's in a secret relationship with his ex-wife's rival, but it's nothing personal, and in the long run everyone benefits.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: The other half of why his and Sanae's marriage crashed and burned. And even though he ends up with Aoi, who is rather sexually active, she obviously fell for him for other reasons.
- Two Girls and a Guy: Both Rio and Sanae had the hots for him, Sanae won, Rio was bitter. Then, he and Sanae divorced. Later, history repeats, except he's in a secret relationship with her current wrestling rival Aoi, though their rivalry dynamic doesn't involve him the second time round.