Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Arkham Horror Characters
- 2 Sister Mary, the Nun
- 3 "Ashcan" Pete,the Drifter
- 4 Jenny Barnes, the Dilettante
- 5 Joe Diamond, the Private Eye
- 6 Dexter Drake, the Magician
- 7 Carolyn Fern, the Psychologist
- 8 Gloria Goldberg, the Author
- 9 Bob Jenkins, the Salesman
- 10 Vincent Lee, the Doctor
- 11 Michael McGlen, the Gangster
- 12 Amanda Sharpe, the Student
- 13 Darrell Simmons, the Photographer
- 14 Monterey Jack Terwilliger, the Archaelogist
- 15 Mandy Thompson, the Researcher
- 16 Harvey Walters, the Professor
- 17 Kate Winthrop, the Scientist
- 18 Dunwich Horror Characters
- 19 Leo Anderson, the Expedition Leader
- 20 Jim Culver, the Musician
- 21 Jacqueline Fine, the Psychic
- 22 Mark Harrigan, the Soldier
- 23 Marie Lambeau, the Entertainer
- 24 Wilson Richards, the Handyman
- 25 Diana Stanley, the Redeemed Cultist
- 26 Rita Young, the Athlete
- 27 Kingsport Horror Characters
- 28 Wendy Adams, the Urchin
- 29 Lily Chen, the Martial Artist
- 30 Lola Hayes, the Actress
- 31 Charlie Kane, the Politician
- 32 Tony Morgan, the Bounty Hunter
- 33 Rex Murphy, the Reporter
- 34 Luke Robinson, the Dreamer
- 35 Daisy Walker, the Librarian
- 36 Innsmouth Horror Characters
- 37 Agnes Baker, the Waitress
- 38 Roland Banks, the Fed
- 39 George Barnaby, the Lawyer
- 40 Ursula Downs, the Explorer
- 41 Finn Edwards, the Bootlegger
- 42 Patrice Hathaway, the Violinest
- 43 Silas Marsh, the Sailor
- 44 Tommy Muldoon, the Rookie Cop
- 45 Akachi Onyele, the Shaman
- 46 "Skids" O'Toole, the Ex-Convict
- 47 Minh Thi Phan, the Secretary
- 48 Zoey Samaras, the Chef
- 49 Hank Samson, the Farmhand
- 50 Trish Scarborough, the Spy
- 51 Norman Withers, the Astronomer
- 52 William Yorick, the Gravedigger
- 53 Penny Arcade Adventures Characters
- 54 Jonathan "Gabe" Gabriel
- 55 Tycho Erasmus Brahe
Arkham Horror Characters
Sister Mary, the Nun
"Ashcan" Pete,the Drifter
- A Tramp And His Dog: Duke
- Homeless Hero
- Luck-Based Mission: The goal of his personal story is to get a Dreamlands trophy, with the fail condition being if the doom track hits 5. The problem is that opening gates typically advance the doom track, which means that absent somebody starting with the Control Gate spell or fortunately-timed monster surges, Pete's only real hope for passing his objective is if (a) the Dreamlands can be reached by one of the first two gates (very low chance), and (b) he can get to that gate quickly. Not easy with his maximum base speed of 3...
- The Tramp
- Undying Loyalty: Even if Pete loses all his other allies and companions, ol' Duke'll stick by his side to the end.
Jenny Barnes, the Dilettante
Dexter Drake, the Magician
Carolyn Fern, the Psychologist
Gloria Goldberg, the Author
Bob Jenkins, the Salesman
Vincent Lee, the Doctor
Amanda Sharpe, the Student
Darrell Simmons, the Photographer
Monterey Jack Terwilliger, the Archaelogist
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- Ascended Fanon: A PC from one of Sandy Petersen's early Call of Cthulhu (tabletop game) campaigns
- Expy: Indiana Jones, as an insanely reckless goofball [dead link].
- Leeroy Jenkins
- What an Idiot!: This was quickly adopted as the explanation for his player's horrific luck with die rolls. As well as one very defining event. As the above thread says, just because you can use a bullwhip to snatch something out of a cultist's hands, doesn't mean you should. The something? Dynamite. Lit dynamite...It also became the reason for a 1st edition Arkham Horror house rule by the campaign master--Jack is always SAN 3 and STA 7 at the beginning. Come 2nd Edition, it became official for him...
- Whip It Good
Harvey Walters, the Professor
Dunwich Horror Characters
Leo Anderson, the Expedition Leader
Jacqueline Fine, the Psychic
Marie Lambeau, the Entertainer
Rita Young, the Athlete
Kingsport Horror Characters
Wendy Adams, the Urchin
Lily Chen, the Martial Artist
Lola Hayes, the Actress
- Luck-Based Mission: She has kind of the same problem that Pete has (although even less time--her fail condition is the doom track reaching four). In her case, she needs to get an Ally to pass her personal story. The problem is that short of getting a nice amount of monster/gate trophies (not likely to happen in the short span of time she has to pass), she needs to get lucky with whichever location encounters can elicit the current game's Allies. Oh--whereas Pete's fail penalty is pretty minor (he can't get any more Allies, besides Duke), Lola's fail penalty is losing a point of maximum Sanity. Suffice to say she never wants the Herald to be Ghroth.
- The Power of Acting
Charlie Kane, the Politician
Tony Morgan, the Bounty Hunter
- Bounty Hunter
- Unwitting Pawn: In his personal story, getting enough clue tokens makes him realize this, "failing" it. However, both outcomes for his story involve losing all his current monster trophies in exchange for a boon, so whether this is really a failure depends on whether you want money right away ("pass") or more clue tokens in the future (the alleged "fail").
Rex Murphy, the Reporter
Luke Robinson, the Dreamer
Innsmouth Horror Characters
Agnes Baker, the Waitress
- Cast from Hit Points
- Easy Amnesia: Inverted; falling and hitting her head jogged memories of her past life.
- History Repeats: In her past life, she fought against 'the creature' and lost. Getting knocked out or driven insane fails her personal quest.
- Magical Girl Warrior
- Reincarnation (of a Hyperborean witch)
- Visions of Another Self
Roland Banks, the Fed
- By The Book Federal Agent, but becomes...
- Cowboy Federal Agent, if his Personal Story is completed.
- FBI Agent (Well, BI Agent, they weren't the Federal Bureau until 9 years after Arkham Horror's timeframe.)
- Lampshade Hanging: From his personal story: "This case has weird cults, magic spells, and the apparent end of the world. All it needs is some demented fish-men or something and I'll have all the makings for a best-selling novel."
George Barnaby, the Lawyer
Ursula Downs, the Explorer
Finn Edwards, the Bootlegger
Patrice Hathaway, the Violinest
- Game Breaker: All those clue tokens she accrues as the game goes on, along with her ability to share them with anyone, regardless of where either one is, makes it ridiculously easy to get a seal victory. Unless Yibb-Tstll is the Ancient One, that is (caps everyone's clue token limit at 5).
- Music for Courage
- Support Party Member
Silas Marsh, the Sailor
Tommy Muldoon, the Rookie Cop
Akachi Onyele, the Shaman
"Skids" O'Toole, the Ex-Convict
- An Axe to Grind: He starts out with one.
- The Corpse Stops Here: When his cellmate burst into flames one night, the cops accused him of causing it, but couldn't get the charge to stick.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: One under his eye.
- Reformed Criminal: He really was only robbing banks to try to save his mother from her illness.
Minh Thi Phan, the Secretary
Zoey Samaras, the Chef
Hank Samson, the Farmhand
- Disappeared Dad
- Dumb Muscle: Well, more foolhardy than downright stupid.
- Farm Boy: No heritage, though, he really is just a boy from a farm...
- Fearless Fool: Makes horror checks after fights -- and then only if he loses or runs -- because he's too thick to realize something is an Eldritch Abomination until he's had time to mull it over.
Trish Scarborough, the Spy
Norman Withers, the Astronomer
William Yorick, the Gravedigger
- Deader Than Dead: Monsters Yorick kills and spends as trophies don't have to be recycled back into play. Mind you, if the game runs out of monsters, the Ancient One awakens on the spot...Although if you have enough critters (i.e. from every single expansion that contained monsters), that's not likely to happen.
- Meaningful Name: He's a grave digger...
Penny Arcade Adventures Characters
Jonathan "Gabe" Gabriel
Tycho Erasmus Brahe
- Fantastic Science: Scholar of Apocalyptic Studies.