Quinn: So you'll do it?
—Daria, "Lucky Strike"
It's an uncommon, but highly pleasing costume. And unless it's heavily adorned, it's a bit more usable than a typical Impractically Fancy Outfit.
Sometimes the wearer also has a Feather Boa Constrictor.
Compare Seashell Bra, Going Fur a Swim (when the bikini and fur are separate garments), Bare Your Midriff, Black Bra and Panties, An Ice Suit, Sweater Girl, Fur Is Clothing (in which a Funny Animal has removable fur, which might result in this trope), Sexy Santa Dress, Playboy Bunny.
- There's a notable variant with the more risqué works involving Petting Zoo People—where their actual fur or hair grows in exactly this kind of shape to cover their naughty bits while exposing as much of everything else as possible.
Anime & Manga
- Urusei Yatsura: Lum's outfit. It (and just about every tiger-striped outfit with a source in Japan) is from an old myth about Oni wearing tiger skins.
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Mion wore one in the first OVA, the one that aired a while before Kai.
- In Samurai Pizza Cats, Polly and Lucille wore fur bikinis as the singing duo The Pointless Sisters.
- A feather one paired with a feather Showgirl Skirt is worn by a lady in a carnival style celebration in Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- When Giselle of Mystic is trapped in an exotic jungle pocket dimension, she transforms her outfit to a purple fur bikini, despite being low on magic.
- Tara and Shakira from The Warlord. Although Tara later adopts other outfits, Shakira wears the same fur bikini for the entirity of the run.
- Shanna the She-Devil, a character from the Marvel Universe, wears one in all her incarnations, even in the X-Men series from the 1990s. It was almost as modest as Jean's outfit.
- Squirrel Girl wears one in the cover of Deadpool/GLI - Summer Fun Spectacular. However, it should be noted that the fur in question is fake.
- Zawadi from the 1950s Monster Hunters team in the Marvel Universe.
- Archie Comics features a healthy supply in the "Archie 1" comics, set in pre-historic times.
- Empowered as Schrodinger's Catgirl (in an Imagine Spot).
Films -- Live-Action
- One of the most famous is Raquel Welch's Nubile Savage outfit in One Million Years BC, even though it's more hides than fur. As a side note, the ads for the film even said "Raquel Welch wears MANKINDS'S FIRST BIKINI!"
- One of Jane Fonda's outfits in Barbarella.
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth has this as one for former playmate Victoria Vetri of its drawing points. The other being Dinosaurs.
- The Ringo Starr comedy Caveman had future wife Barbara Bach in one -- "good girl" character Shelly Long was more conservatively dressed.
- Publicity shots for the film Love Happy shows Marilyn Monroe in an ermine bikini: Full View, Closeup 1, Closeup 2. This wasn't in the actual film, but publicity exclusive outfits were actually pretty common for films.
- Veronica Layton in Sir Arthur Conan Doyles the Lost World, although hers is more leather than fur.
- Following the events of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Beer Bad", in which Buffy is transformed into a kind of cavewoman, Xander laments that she never wore one.
- Loki's dancers in "Loki's Rapsody" in Jul i Valhal have these.
- Actress Terry Moore wore an ermine one-piece suit to a USO show in Korea. She was almost removed from the show, before the soldiers shouted that she should stay.
- One of the endings of Princess Maker 3 has her in a white fur bikini, as seen in the pic.
- Ayla from Chrono Trigger. Hardly a surprise, as she's essentially a blonde answer to Raquel Welch. Notably, whatever she skinned for the thing had a tail, and she just left it on.
- The Pixies in Monster Rancher probably have the Petting Zoo People variant. Don't know if it's ever stated if their fur bikinis are part of their body, or just clothing.
- The tiger bikini in Secret of Mana.
- Monica's optional Panther Bikini in Dark Cloud 2. If you walk her into a corner, the camera looks down her cleavage.
- At least one of the costume sets in The Idolmaster.
- Resident Evil Sheva gets one of these as an Alternate Costume
- The new Golden Axe has Tyris Flare dressed this way.
- The female Selkies in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
- An unlockable outfit for Dino Crisis is a leopard-skin one-piece.
- In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the "Huntsman's Vest" looks like a normal vest on men. On women...
- The female version of Forsworn armor in Skyrim.
- Aya's feather-trimmed bikini top in OneChanbara.
- Rock Band, Dora Sullivan
- Girl Genius
- (Barely) worn by a side-plot villain, the Weasel Queen.
- Suggested as appropriate attire for Zeetha, the warrior woman from a lost tribe (to her shock).
- In Tales of MU, Mackenzie wears a fur bikini as part of her female barbarian costume for a Halloween-esque party.
- Occasionally a character will be reduced to one of these in an old Looney Tunes or Tex Avery cartoon.
- Daffy Duck gets one made of feathers in Along Came Daffy.
- Happens to Jerry in the Tom and Jerry short Of Feline Bondage.
- As does Kitty Katswell in "Hot Dog".
- Diana from the animated Dungeons and Dragons was stuck with this outfit.
- Daria's title character once sarcastically claimed she would put one on (with her boyfriend suddenly perking up). Jane also wears one in one of her alter egos.
- Done by an artist named Naritaya, who later went pro with the Alice Soft ero-ren'ai game company and removed his art from the web. Mostly.