Shameless Fanservice Girl
It's difficult for me to keep my clothes on in just my normal everyday life. As soon as I walk in the door when I come home, off go the clothes.—Marliece Andrada
The "other half" of how Nudism is portrayed in the media, used less often than the Innocent Fanservice Girl variation—ironic, due to this being technically speaking a more realistic approximation of nudist beliefs.
The key difference between a Shameless Fanservice Girl and an Innocent Fanservice Girl is that while the Innocent Fanservice Girl's lack of a nudity taboo is based on the fact that she never knew of its existence—i.e., she's too innocent to know better—the Shameless Fanservice Girl knows ... she just doesn't care. She ignores nudity taboos by choice and couldn't care less who's disturbed by it.
This doesn't necessarily mean she prances around the streets in the nude 24/7. Perhaps she's just the type who sleeps in the nude, spends all of her private time in her house either without clothing or in just her bra and panties or only goes nude when she feels safe doing so, such as at the beach. But whatever the reasoning and specifics, the key factor is that she does understand that nudity is typically frowned upon by people... just not by her.
Her amount of consideration to people who are uncomfortable around her nudity can vary. Sometimes she will get dressed just for the sake of her house guests; other times she'll have a "screw you" attitude and not let the disturbed countenance of her house guests persuade her to stop being naked if she wants to be. It pretty much depends on what kind of person she is.
Satirical or comedic versions frequently have her facing no repercussions at all (much like her innocent sister-trope), or only comedic ones. Sometimes for extra comedic effect, her nudity will only be noticed by one person whilst being ignored by everyone else for no apparent reason. More serious portrayals will tend towards the discreet—characters that reject the taboo but otherwise do not make it an issue, or only in semi-private situations where they are within their rights to decide what to wear—or rather, what not to.
One specific caveat—while this trope can overlap with Attention Whores, it is not a subtrope. That is to say, this is not "the exhibitionism trope", but rather, "the knowingly unashamed trope." This does not preclude a rare Attention Whore who is also a Shameless Fanservice Girl, but it is not a requirement. The polar opposite of Reluctant Fanservice Girl.
- Mitsuka-sensei from DearS is this in spades, and even the horny male teenagers in her class are turned off by her (despite being very attractive aesthetically) because of how far she takes this trope.
- Haruhi Suzumiya: The main female character, Haruhi, doesn't have a problem with changing in public and doesn't care who sees her naked, and if they are bothered by it.
- As time goes on she reaches a point where she refuses to change with Kyon in the room and screams at him to get out when he won't take a hint - showing that she's beginning to think of him as a person instead of part of the background of her life.
- Yoshinoya-sensei from Hidamari Sketch she always tells her students that she can model nude if they wanted.
- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail mentions in one episode that maybe she should walk around the guild naked.
- Rachel Stanley from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple has no problem exposing herself more in order to gain more attention.
- Blair from Soul Eater.
- The Ranma ½ manga: Ranma is a bit of a downplayed version of this. He doesn't hate clothes; he just really doesn't care about whether he's naked or not. He's been known to go topless in front of men without batting an eyelid and has used his female form's good looks to tease men into giving him what he wants or needs. It's usually through Akane covering him up with clothes or a towel that he preserves any modesty.
- Then again, he could dislike clothes. We do see him at home in nothing but boxers quite a bit.
- Shampoo acts this way when she's trying to seduce Ranma. She simply doesn't have any problem with showing up in his bathroom naked.
- Yoruichi Shihouin of Bleach. She claims this is because she spends so much time in cat form that she forgets to wear clothes, but chances are she just does it to fluster Ichigo.
- Both. At the very first, it was because she spent so much time in cat form, but she finds Ichigo's flusteration funny. She was wearing only a shirt at one point and flipped the bottom up to make him blush shortly thereafter.
- Then of course there is that wonderful hot spring scene, where Yoruichi strips, Ichigo protests, and when he looks she's a cat. After a few moments of conversing he looks back and she's still naked, but now human. This was specifically meant to make Ichigo flustered.
- She also seems to just find it far more comfortable to not wear clothes.
- Mio in Waiting in the Summer is a deconstruction of this trope — having been raised as a nudist her whole life, she was never raised with a nudity taboo. However, instead of having the standard effect on her personality it actually causes her a lot of self-confidence problems; she's convinced that she's a weirdo in comparison to everyone else. She still doesn't wear clothing around the house, can't sleep with clothes on (even in group situations), and often doesn't remember to wear underwear, but altogether she's humiliated by the fact that she's a "weird nudist" more than anything else. Ironically, or perhaps part of the deconstruction, she wears fairly conservative outfits for the most part (even going so far as to wear a hooded sweatshirt to the pool), and is the first anime and manga character on this list to actually call themselves a nudist, instead of just randomly deciding not to wear clothes when Fan Service calls for it.
- In Battle Athletes (not to be confused with Battle Athletes Victory, the remake) Kris Christopher camly parades around the room she shares with her teammates completely naked as it's part of her culture/religion. The other girls are not particularly thrilled about this.
- Saori Shikikagami from Ladies versus Butlers!! sees no problem with stripping on any given occasion. Even if it's by accident, she still treats it as no big deal. Her sister Sanae tries to keep her under control, but it doesn't work very well.
- In A Certain Magical Index, Accelerator and Last Order's adoptive parents often go around nude in their apartment. Accelerator doesn't really care.
- Shigure of Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. She does get pissed when Kensei Ma attempts to peek on her in the bath, but could care less about bathing with Kenichi, and doesn't even bother to lock the door to her room when she changes.
- Mami of Esper Mami is a strange variant—her father's a painter, and she works for him as a nude model. As a result, she has no hang ups about being nude, especially at home.
- In the anime version of Senran Kagura, Katsuragi is a girl with little shame or modesty at all. Often a blatant exhibitionist, her clothing designed to show off as much of her ample bosom as possible. Her habit of fondling and groping the other female protagonists only enhances the "shameless" part.
- Starfire is like this in the original Teen Titans comics. In the 2011 reboot, she's more of a Ms. Fanservice with an unhealthy dose of Ethical Slut.
- So is Magical Native American Rainmaker in Gen 13, which is fitting seeing how she's an expy of Storm.
- Reka in The Secret History is frequently naked and knows exactly what effect she has on men.
- Titular character in Lady S has absolutely no problem escaping a house in her underwear. She once had to climb a roof, and removed her dress because it wasn't practical, rather than tearing it.
- Ahem, Emma Frost, from the X-Men. While she does occasionally claim her skimpy outfits are for "psychological warfare", she is more often than not dressing that was to get attention.
- Trash from Return of the Living Dead likes hanging out at graveyards naked, and the idea of asking anybody for something to wear does not occur to her for the rest of the movie.
- Well, she does grab someone's vest when the Trioxin-tainted rain starts to fall, but in that case her concern is protection instead of modesty. She never does find any pants.
- Mystique from the X-Men films does not give a damn about the implications of being naked all the time. It helps that her privates are naturally covered by blue scales and she probably doesn't feel the cold. It also helps that she can shapeshift the appearance of clothes onto herself when impersonating others, so actual clothing would be an impediment.
- Delores Purdy in In the Heat of the Night has a routine of parading around her kitchen in the nude to get her kicks.
- In How to Beat the High Co$t of Living, Elaine performs an impromptu striptease at a shopping mall to distract the crowd and security from the ongoing heist.
- The Girl in the Ferarri in National Lampoon's Vacation certainly qualifies as one.
- In The Seduction, news anchor Jamie Douglas' nightly routine involves swimming naked and she sleeps in the nude.
- In Friday the 13th, the late Brenda Jones suggested that she, Bill and Alice play Strip Monopoly. After Brenda remembered that she left her cabin windows open during a storm, she prematurely ended the game and heads out. Instead of putting her clothes back on, Brenda stays in her bra and panties and puts on a raincoat.
- In Horrible Bosses, Dr Julia Harris has no shame or decency whatsoever, she's an exhibitionist whose ideal of appropriate dental office attire is an unbuttoned lab coat with nothing underneath.
- Olivia Munn shows the attitude of this trope in this video from Attack of the Show.
- The infamous Australian soap opera Number 96 had Miss. Hemmingway, a compulsive nudist who was in therapy to try and cure her dysfunction. She often "appeared" in the lobby of the resident psychiatrist character's office.
- Zhaan from Farscape belongs to a species with no nudity taboo. She does wear clothes most of the time, though it's used for Fan Service at least once. She knows exactly how other life forms are likely to react to her nudity. Including Squick in case of the non-humanoid Rygel.
- Milissa in the Seinfeld episode "The Agony" is very comfortable walking around naked.
- Albanian newsreader Greta Hoxna wears an unbuttoned blazer with nothing underneath during her newscasts.
- Charity on Passions displays this behavior when she gets up on the table and performs this impromptu striptease.
- This TV news reporter wears just a thong bikini bottom while doing a story on Haulover nude beach in South Florida.
- In The Witcher franchise, succubi are always dressed provocatively and are often topless, seeing how they are tempters by nature.
- Felicia from Darkstalkers seems to have no modesty at all as a fighter, her skimpy "costume" actually being strategically-grown fur that gives the illusion of a scant bikini. While one could argue this was due to instinct (she's clearly not human) she seems to at least know when such a look is inappropriate, wearing a nun's habit while tending to children in her orphanage.
- In Dungeons and Dragons, a marilith is a six-armed demon with the lower torso of a snake and upper body of an attractive woman; they rarely wear much clothing other than jewelry on their upper half. Being high-ranking demon generals, they likely could have clothing custom made, so one could assume their reasoning is, any mortal foolish enough to gawk at them won't survive much longer.
- Tales Of Gnosis College: Both Ashley Madder and Laura Sato-Bevilaqua seem to fit this trope.
- Grace progresses from Innocent Fanservice Girl to this after realizing her preference for nudity has sexual connotations to most people. She still doesn't agree with humankind's nudity taboo, but can fake it well enough to get along with people.
- Guenevere in Arthur, King of Time and Space. Her family are naturists, and she tends not to wear clothes if she doesn't have to (and Paul can keep the art worksafe).
- Zeetha in Girl Genius. After being accidentally stripped down to her very short leather bikini, she doesn't bother to search for clothes for dozens of pages.
- Lucrezia. She removed her dress, just because she's more interested in looking at her new body than she is in modesty. At this point, she wears quite modest underwear, but someone else would be ashamed of being in this clothes in front of a guy.
- The nudist Campbell family from Family Guy somehow go nude in public without more serious repercussions than their son getting bullied. They either ignore or fail to notice how disconcerting Peter and Lois initially find their nudity, and since nobody asks them politely to get dressed, it's hard to tell which.
- The cast of Futurama tend to bounce around this. In some episodes, public nudity is completely normal, while in others, you can be arrested for streaking. Hilariously, the most common offender is Professor Farnsworth.
- Several warm climate areas have nudist colonies and/or clothing optional beaches where pretty much everybody is pretty much in the buff and doesn't see a big deal about it.
- Cindy Crawford has practiced casual toplessness, as shown by some paparazzi photos of her wearing a monokini at the beach and at the pool.
- It was revealed that Erin Andrews is one when she was secretly videotaped by a stalker in two different hotel rooms. In her personal life, Ms. Andrews practices casual nudity and the video, which has since gone viral shows her ritual of ironing and curling her hair in the nude.
- At the annual Kanamara Matsuri festival in Japan, young women only wear fundoshis when they present and carry a giant pink phallus called Elizabeth.
- Newsanchor Wendy Rieger once mentioned that in the summer, she drives home from work in the nude and goes for a swim, as shown in this photo:
You shed the city and lots of other things. By the time I see that water, I'm good.
- From her ending in Darkstalkers 3